Why I think we must go Punter in the 1st round

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do raise a good point. I thought that kid they brought last year (Hunter I think) would give Mooreman a run for his money. Shawn Powell has a lot of upside and I hope they bring him in. While I love Mooreman and he has been the most consitent player on a bad team for a long time, its time for a change.

Edited by BBeck/cuba

I totally agree with the OP.

We have one of the greatest long snappers of all time and his effectiveness is negated by an old and increasingly ineffective punter.

WAKE UP Buddy!

What? Long Snapper is a bigger need than punter. The only reason Sanborn has a job is because every other LS asked for health insurance

Wasn't Janikowski a first round pick. I think Ray Guy might have also been a first round pick. So its not an impossible option. In our case I suspect we have some 24 other positions in worse need than punter or kicker...well..maybe not one of our defensive ends and one of our wide receivers...

I'm thinking Bryan Anger out of Cal is our best bet in the 1st Rnd.

He's 6'4" 207(much much larger than Moorman)

In 2011 averaged 44.3 YPP, with 18 punts of 50 yards or more and 19 punts inside the 20.

You can't ever pass up the chance at franchise punter. Although some GMs would suggest waiting til the later rounds to draft a punter, you can't ever pass up THIS much of a sure thing in Rnd 1.

Get er' done Buddy.

Wasn't Janikowski a first round pick. I think Ray Guy might have also been a first round pick. So its not an impossible option. In our case I suspect we have some 24 other positions in worse need than punter or kicker...well..maybe not one of our defensive ends and one of our wide receivers...

Ray Guy was indeed a first round pick. And he led the Raiders to three Super Bowl championships. Football is a game of field position and the easiest yards to get are through the air on a punt. We could get a game-changing punter with the #10 pick. I'm all for it!

Brian Moorman has had zero competition for years! How do we let this continue? We need to get the best franchise punter out there and control field position for the next ten years.

Just kidding, I just wanted to get in on all the GM threads popping up. :nana:

Shouldn't joke about this as a punter taken in the first round would have been more valuable than several of our former first round picks:blink: