8. Melvin Ingram, OLB/DE, South Carolina

9. Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College

10. Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

11. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

12. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

13. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

14. Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

15. David DeCastro, OG, Stanford

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82821dd1/article/hot-100-plenty-of-draftstock-movement-as-pro-days-wrap-up?module=HP11_hot_topics

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

2. Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor

3. Matt Kalil, OT, USC

4. Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

5. Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

6. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M

7. Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82821dd1/article/hot-100-plenty-of-draftstock-movement-as-pro-days-wrap-up?module=HP11_hot_topics

Wow 7-13 all look very good to me. Brandt is not just another wag he ranks with Casserly and Mayock as an evaluator of talent. Interesting that he has Floyd ahead of Blackmon. If they do not get a Tackke at 10 they might have to trade up later to get a decent LT. I am thinking the Second or late first. I like the trade down option best but any player between 7 and 13 would be a heck of a consolation. Also keep in mind that there will be good wideouts in the second or third rounds but I do not believe that the LT prospects will be left.

My gut says its Luke Kuechly. We didn't try too hard to re-sign Bell, so that tells me that we're ready to go forward with Hairston manning the LT spot. I'm pretty sure that whoever gets picked at #10 (or wherever we end up picking) will be a necessary and welcome addition...

3. Matt Kalil, OT, USC

I always go with the godfathers rankings

My gut says its Luke Kuechly. We didn't try too hard to re-sign Bell, so that tells me that we're ready to go forward with Hairston manning the LT spot. I'm pretty sure that whoever gets picked at #10 (or wherever we end up picking) will be a necessary and welcome addition...

Could be LB or WR at #10. Buddy says there are tackles in this draft and he made it seem like this was beyond the first round too.

Brandt is way overrated and rests on his laurels from days gone by. He didn't even have Brock Osweiler in his top 100 a month ago now he is #35. Two months ago he had Vontaze Burfict his #22 ranked player, Alshon Jeffery #9 and Zac Brown #10. Jeffery and Brown are now 2nd rounders and Burfict off the list. When you have dramatic changes in the list, to me, that is a big red flag that this guy doesn't really know the players in and out. It's not too hard to look at the million or so rankings out there and formulate your own list of names. He sits and watches prospects at the combine and talks to scouts and other personnel people to come up with his updated list. To me this says more about his ability to gather together opinions rather than truly being an idependent minded scout, so to speak.

That being said, I still like to read his later lists because I think it represents a general consensus of a number of fairly good talent evaluators.

Brandt is way overrated and rests on his laurels from days gone by. He didn't even have Brock Osweiler in his top 100 a month ago now he is #35. Two months ago he had Vontaze Burfict his #22 ranked player, Alshon Jeffery #9 and Zac Brown #10. Jeffery and Brown are now 2nd rounders and Burfict off the list. When you have dramatic changes in the list, to me, that is a big red flag that this guy doesn't really know the players in and out. It's not too hard to look at the million or so rankings out there and formulate your own list of names. He sits and watches prospects at the combine and talks to scouts and other personnel people to come up with his updated list. To me this says more about his ability to gather together opinions rather than truly being an idependent minded scout, so to speak.

That being said, I still like to read his later lists because I think it represents a general consensus of a number of fairly good talent evaluators.

I just give the guy the respect that I think he's earned over his career.

But I question how diligent he is about player evaluation these days.

I'm starting to hope they go LB or WR at #10 and Jonathan Martin falls to second round. That would be a coup. I just don't like Reiff. I know he played LT in the Big 10 but he looks like a RT/G. Martin has the feet to be an elite LT just needs to get stronger.

I just give the guy the respect that I think he's earned over his career.

But I question how diligent he is about player evaluation these days.

I think you're right there. He has had the ability to spot talent over the years and for that I give him his due. To me, however, it seems as if he really doesn't start looking at these guys until the senior bowl. His early lists are often way off.

3. Matt Kalil, OT, USC

Right were Tannehill belongs and he will fall to us when others get enamored with can't miss players.

6. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M (7)

Had a great workout on in front of 32 teams and moved well, especially to his left, which is not common for right-handed quarterbacks. He completed 65 of 68 passes, including two drops. He had more drops last year during the regular season than any other quarterback.

Most noteworthy of mention is Coples at #4 and Floyd ahead of Blackmon.

I'm not surprised though.

I expect Floyd to shoot up the rankings. The closer we get to draft day, the less important the alcohol citations look compared to his NFL potential.

I've been saying for Months and especially since the measuring at the combine that Floyd is a bigger stronger Blackmon.

At this point I doubt Floyd will be there at #10 so all the teetotalers can be happy that the Jags or 'Fins have a sick receiving threat.

In this case it appears that Floyd didn't shoot up the rankings but that Blackmon dropped.

Which again I'm not surprised.

I like Blackmon but I've said it before this just looks like Michael Crabtree all over again. Dominating College football player but when he plays at the next level against NFL sized players he isn't as dominating. Crabtree at Texas Tech would take games over. Blackmon at OSU would take games over.

He'll have a good career but being under 6"1" hurts for a WR. Those jumpballs aren't as easy to grab, those blocks aren't as easy to make in the NFL.

Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin, and Justin Blackmon will all be very good NFL receivers just not game changers.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Most noteworthy of mention is Coples at #4 and Floyd ahead of Blackmon.

There's something about Blackmon that I don't like. I had the impression watching him at the combine that he was nervous - but something else showed through. Can't put my finger on it though. I do think Floyd could very well be the better NFL receiver.

I'm not surprised though.

I expect Floyd to shoot up the rankings. The closer we get to draft day, the less important the alcohol citations look compared to his NFL potential.

I've been saying for Months and especially since the measuring at the combine that Floyd is a bigger stronger Blackmon.

At this point I doubt Floyd will be there at #10 so all the teetotalers can be happy that the Jags or 'Fins have a sick receiving threat.

In this case it appears that Floyd didn't shoot up the rankings but that Blackmon dropped.

Which again I'm not surprised.

I like Blackmon but I've said it before this just looks like Michael Crabtree all over again. Dominating College football player but when he plays at the next level against NFL sized players he isn't as dominating. Crabtree at Texas Tech would take games over. Blackmon at OSU would take games over.

He'll have a good career but being under 6"1" hurts for a WR. Those jumpballs aren't as easy to grab, those blocks aren't as easy to make in the NFL.

Michael Crabtree, Jeremy Maclin, and Justin Blackmon will all be very good NFL receivers just not game changers.

^

I

This.

Posted my trite response before reading the entire thread.

That should teach me.