Which LB's does everyone like?

Mychal Kendricks lit up the combine Pac ten Defensive player of the year. He will drop because he is under 6 feet tall. combine wt 239 under a 4.5 40 with great short shuttle broad jump and high jump numbers He looked like a cornerback in the pass coverage drills.

I've had my eye on Kendricks, too.

He'd be able to cover a lot of ground behind our big D-line. The downside is his height, but he's only a bit shorter than the guy he tries to pattern his game against...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Wagner (OLB) just had an astounding Pro Day at Utah State! He jumped 39 and a half inches and ran in the high 4.4's and had 24 reps at 225 lbs on the bench. Oh, can he play? He was the MVP of the Senior Bowl with 8 tackles. I do, however love Luke Kuechly, and would be very happy with a selection at 10 in round one!!

I'm with ya. Give me Kuechly at 10 thank you.

This is a list of Linebackers I wouldn't mind at all having on the team along with what round they're projected to be drafted.

Zach Brown - 1st Round

Luke Kuechly - 1st Round

Dont'a Hightower - 1st-2nd Round

Ryan Baker - 1st-2nd Round

Shea McClellin - 2nd Round

Ronnell Lewis - 2nd Round

Keenan Robinson - 2nd Round

Mychal Kendricks - 2nd-3rd Round

Demario Davis - 3rd Round

Sean Spence - 3rd Round

Emmanuel Acho - 3rd Round

Nigel Bradham - 3rd-4th Round

James-Michael Johnson - 4th Round

Najee Goode - 4th-5th Round

Steven Johnson 5th-6th Round

Darius Fleming - 6th Round

Kyle Wilber - 6th Round

Chris Galippo - 7th-Undrafted

Side Note - Melvin Ingram I consider to be a DE so I didn't put him on the list but he's my favorite player in this draft period. I'll take him over Floyd and Blackmon. The only two players I would grade above him is Luck and Kalil. (Don't be surprised if RGIII isn't successful in Washington)

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

after Luke Kuechly I like Donta Hightower.

But I also like Bruce Irvin alot. Has good speed and he can lay the lumber. Then Josh Kaddu, good sideline range and tackler.

If Courtney Upshaw could play 43 OLB then he would be my favorite. Hes my 2nd favorite player in the draft behind Justin Blackmon

LaVonte David is my favorite pure OLB in this draft. I like Courtney Upshaw as a footabll player, but disagee with anyone that sees him as a LB, to me he's strictly a 4-3 DE.

David on the otherhand is strictly a 4-3 weakside OLB. While this position may not be a huge need for the Bills, you can't forget Nick Barnett is getting up there in age and he does have an injury history.

I just think LaVonte David is the perfect LB for our new defense.

1-Fast

2-Excels in pass coverage

3-Amazing instincts

4-very good pursuit and tackle ability

5-Gets to the QB when asked to blitz.

The biggest knack on David is that he's undersized for LB in the NFL, and there may be some truth to that. But, at 6'1" and 233 lbs hes almost the saem size as Barnett, so I don't see his size being as big of a problem as some others. I mean lets face it, if he was 6'3" - 255lbs hed be a top 15 cinch. The only reason the Bills would have a shot at taking David at #42 is because he's on the "smaller" size.

I strongly belive the Bills will be going CB if they stand pat in round #2, but if they could somehow get LaVonte David I'd be pumped. He will be a beast in a fast flowing 4-3 with a big DL in front of him (exactly what the Bills have).

I like Lavonte Davis. I'm hoping he falls to the third round because of his size, but I think he would be terrific especially defending the pass.

My biggest concern with Luke Kuechly is defending the pass. This is a pass happy league, and the Bills will have to defend against Tom Brady.

I like Lavonte Davis. I'm hoping he falls to the third round because of his size, but I think he would be terrific especially defending the pass.

My biggest concern with Luke Kuechly is defending the pass. This is a pass happy league, and the Bills will have to defend against Tom Brady.

Man crushing on David.

Kuechly had over 500 tackles in college. I'm sure they weren't all run plays. I love this thread because I hope the Bills load up on LBs.

I see alot of kuechly talk, what about the other prospects? Like zach brown, bruce irvin, keeanan robinson, donta hightower, ronnell lewis.. I havent seen much tape/discussion on these guys and would like to get some input from everyone if they have any on these guys. I think the bills HAVE to come away with a power linebacker. Someone who can make BIG hits and cause fear and turn overs, are any of these guys really big hitters? Also they have to be able to cover somewhat imo, but we need some force to be there at the LB position

My favorites...

OLB: Lavonte David (Nebraska), Ronnell Lewis (Oklahoma)

ILB: Mychal Kendricks (Cal), Tank Carder (TCU)

Sleepers:

Demarrio Davis (Arkansas), Eltorro Freeman (Auburn), Darius Fleming (Notre Dame), Niles Burris (Nevada), Alex Hoffman-Ellis (Washington State)

Edited by thebandit27

OLB/DE Delano Johnson Bowie State. The kids big enough to play DE, but strong enough to play LB.

youtube.com/watch?v=IDoWPfhPpR8

youtube.com/watch?v=dE_8x1sWsBI

More Delano

Some good plays, how's he play against um, better competition though. No doubt that guy was eating up the players he played against.

Also like Tank Chandler. Mostly because of the name. Lots of good LB's in the draft. Have to get a couple. I want either a LB or Irving w/ our first pick. Then another LB later in the draft.

Edited by RyanC883

Man crushing on David.

Kuechly had over 500 tackles in college. I'm sure they weren't all run plays. I love this thread because I hope the Bills load up on LBs.

That's why I made it :D I can't remember the last time I was this excited coming into the draft/offseason. I really hope we get 2 of these guys, after hearing all of your input just got me MORE excited

Zach Brown is a player. Led Carolina in tackles, both solo and assisted, tied for the team lead with 3 INTs, and had 5.5 sacks and 13.5 tackles for loss.

Far more impressive than Coples last year.

North Carolina's coaches have been less than enthusiastic in their endorsement's of Brown and Couples. I wouldn't draft either one

North Carolina's coaches have been less than enthusiastic in their endorsement's of Brown and Couples. I wouldn't draft either one

For me, Brown is the poster child for a 3-4 ILB...I'm thinking he goes to Baltimore at No. 30...starts next to Ray Lewis.

Mychal Kendricks lit up the combine Pac ten Defensive player of the year. He will drop because he is under 6 feet tall. combine wt 239 under a 4.5 40 with great short shuttle broad jump and high jump numbers He looked like a cornerback in the pass coverage drills.

Kendricks is MLB. We have one of those. We need an OLB.

I like Shea McClellin and Lavonte David in the 2nd. Path To The Draft had an interesting comment last night. It referenced Chan's coaching of Calvin Johnson at Ga Tech in a discussion of Stephen Hill. I think Blackman and Floyd will be selected before #10. Would Buddy then select Hill at 10? Hill in the first and McClellin or David in the second sounds like an interesting draft.

I see alot of kuechly talk, what about the other prospects? Like zach brown, bruce irvin, keeanan robinson, donta hightower, ronnell lewis.. I havent seen much tape/discussion on these guys and would like to get some input from everyone if they have any on these guys. I think the bills HAVE to come away with a power linebacker. Someone who can make BIG hits and cause fear and turn overs, are any of these guys really big hitters? Also they have to be able to cover somewhat imo, but we need some force to be there at the LB position

We need a LB that is fast, can stop the run and drop back into coverage. Ability to be brought as an extra rusher is key as well. Unfortunately some of the best prospects that could fill this role we college DE's not LBs. I still like Mercilus.

We need a LB that is fast, can stop the run and drop back into coverage. Ability to be brought as an extra rusher is key as well. Unfortunately some of the best prospects that could fill this role we college DE's not LBs. I still like Mercilus.

I like Mercilus, but not in the first round, where he will go. I think Ingram could play OLB and do all the things needed. The guy is very versatile, heck, he could even play TE.

Zach Brown is a player. Led Carolina in tackles, both solo and assisted, tied for the team lead with 3 INTs, and had 5.5 sacks and 13.5 tackles for loss.

Far more impressive than Coples last year.

granted, you have to look at the overall body of work, but zach brown doesn't impress me at all: