Nick Fairley arrested for marijuana possession

papazoid

I can't describe how crazy it makes me that you can't get more than a few minutes into any debate about mj legalization before someone recommends taxing it. How trained are Americans?

Well, we understand what gets the politicians' attention. And that is only one thing. $$$.

So to even begin that discussion in Washington, we'll have to speak their language a bit.

...Or burn the entire district down and start again. Which Im not opposed to.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest issue with pot is the crime associated with the profit from illegal sales. The effects on people who use it are negligible, especially when compared to alcohol.

You want to control someone high on pot? Toss them a bag of Doritos and turn on Scooby Doo. Good luck dealing with a 6'5" 270 pound body builder who has a problem with alcohol. You'll have to shoot that !@#$er to get him under control.

The only place marijuana is worse the alcohol is in the miniature minds of man.

:lol: Yeah, because this is going to be the single place on the internet (or in the world for that matter) where they'd get information and opinion on marijuana. Did you grow up under a rock or something? Get over your !@#$ing self.

You, sir, deserve this: :beer:

Edited by tgreg99

I find it disturbing that we don't treat marijuana use and/or possession as serious as other narcotics such as cocaine, heroin, PCP, Ecstasy, etc....sorry, but nothing is going to change my mind that marijuana is a serious threat to the good people of this great nation!!

Marijuana, while capable of destroying people's lives and ruining their mental state, is not a deadly drug like others you named. I mean. I never plan on using drugs, but there's no way pot smokers should be treated the same as meth heads or heroin/LSD addicts.

Marijuana, while capable of destroying people's lives and ruining their mental state ...

All of the movies you love, were written and directed by people who smoke a LOT of weed. There's more of a chance of those movies ruining your "mental state" than there is of green doing that to you.

Edited by tgreg99

for anyone interested on drug policy, i would recommend michael massing's book "the fix." basically shows how the nixon administration solved the heroin problem through increasing treatment, not through increased criminalization or interdiction.

Same here, heroin is as good as gone. Those that are addicted are getting methadon for free from the government. Want to loose you teeth, have nasty skin diseases and what not more? Try heroin! Talk about destructive, heroin is way up there. Another great effect of legilazition is that people are less inclined to try harddrug, if only for the simple reason that if you split the sales of soft drugs people arent talking to the guy who is also selling harddrugs.

I encourage every person reading this (adult, teen or whatever) to question everything anyone tells you. Have your own experiences, collect your own data, make your own educated decision. Dont just listen to people because they are older than you. They probably arent that much smarter, just better at faking it or being bossy. Just because something is illegal, don't bury your head in the sand against what is right.

A very wise Chemistry professor once told me "Never stop asking 'Why?'"

Furthermore, most teens reading this probably have better pot than all of us old men.

I'm sure you are a samrt person or at the very least think of your self as one. By your logic we should all try crack and collect our own data so we can make an educated decision.

I'll pass

I'm sure you are a samrt person or at the very least think of your self as one. By your logic we should all try crack and collect our own data so we can make an educated decision.

I'll pass

That's nitpicking his point, don't you think?

I'll pass

I think that would be an extreme start. But I encourage you to talk to people who have tried crack. And if you find there is a large population of functional, successful adults that have smokes crack (much like weed), then by all means try it in a safe, controlled environment with people you can trust. But I hope you see where Im going with that...

... He's no one to you. Just like you're no one to him. Which makes your plea for people to keep this stuff to themselves out of fear of hurting the children that may or may not be reading this board ridiculous. Which was his point.

If your kid reads my post on this message board and decides to smoke weed, it says more about your parenting than it does about my harmless internet thread.

:thumbsup:

Well, we understand what gets the politicians' attention. And that is only one thing. $$$.

So to even begin that discussion in Washington, we'll have to speak their language a bit.

...Or burn the entire district down and start again. Which Im not opposed to.

Do you think there's any chance the politicians don't know they can tax it? Do you think there's any chance if it's legalized they will forget to tax it?

Taxes will happen, I just think it's crazy Americans have become so compliant they're now asking for it to happen. We should be demanding the legalization of mj (at least federally) because they have no right to make it against the law to begin with, not begging them to charge us extra money for it!

Do you think there's any chance the politicians don't know they can tax it? Do you think there's any chance if it's legalized they will forget to tax it?

Taxes will happen, I just think it's crazy Americans have become so compliant they're now asking for it to happen. We should be demanding the legalization of mj (at least federally) because they have no right to make it against the law to begin with, not begging them to charge us extra money for it!

I do not disagree at all.

... He's no one to you. Just like you're no one to him. Which makes your plea for people to keep this stuff to themselves out of fear of hurting the children that may or may not be reading this board ridiculous. Which was his point.

If your kid reads my post on this message board and decides to smoke weed, it says more about your parenting than it does about my harmless internet thread.

your Awesome

I believe that alcohol ABUSE is just as bad as marijuana USE...but while a single beer or two "can" impair your ability, for most people it won't have much of an effect...but generally, ONE hit of marijuana does impair one's ability to do basic things such as drive.

Unless you have first hand experience then don't assume. There are varying strengths of weed like there are varying proofs of alcohol. One puff doesn't make you incapacitated.

PTR

I find it disturbing that we don't treat marijuana use and/or possession as serious as other narcotics such as cocaine, heroin, PCP, Ecstasy, etc....sorry, but nothing is going to change my mind that marijuana is a serious threat to the good people of this great nation!!

I smoke marijuana EVERY day.. and have for over 20 years! I work for one of the largest companies in the world and I also have a profitable side business. I am happily married, own my own home in San Diego and my kids are in college.. I'd say I've been pretty successful and have a damn good life. Oh, but according to you I should be in prison..?? :wallbash:

Glad I live in California..

Marijuana has been used by humans for 1000's of years. But ole BigBuff thinks he knows more than doctors, scientists, and millions if not billions of users.. Why don't you go stick your head back in the sand bud. Maybe you'll find a book to read.

I believe that alcohol ABUSE is just as bad as marijuana USE...but while a single beer or two "can" impair your ability, for most people it won't have much of an effect...but generally, ONE hit of marijuana does impair one's ability to do basic things such as drive....and I realize this may bring alot of debate in a sports forum, but I do strongly believe NY state law is not nearly as aggressive as it should be....the DWI laws have gotten significantly more punitive, as they should, but marijuana laws have gone the other way; meanwhile, synthetic marijuana and bath salts were just outlawed in NYS, although synthetic marijuana has been illegal on the federal level since the DEA passed a law in December 2010 but had to be federally enforced...and I'm all for criminalizing synthetic marijuana and abuse of bath salts, but then we don't enhance the marijuana laws, that's what I have a problem with. We can debate all night long, and we all have our reasons for our opinions, but that's mine: marijuana laws should be tougher and greater emphasis on prevention than treatment.

Sorry man, but it's not sarcasm, it's truly how I feel...as for feeling sorry for the Lions, not so much the team but their fans...fans can't control who the Lions' FO drafts, but the FO might want to start digging a little deeper and spending more time on the interview process when they draft their players, and oh, I dunno...a random urine screen or two?? That might prevent an arrest....and before we get into a legal debate about how a team can drug screen a player, most of us had to pass a drug test for employment at one time or another, and it should be stipulated in their contracts that random urine screens will be conducted throughout the year....

Wow, I can't beleive u feel this way. I couldn't dis agree with u anymore!

What is this?

Mind your business.

I smoke marijuana EVERY day.. and have for over 20 years! I work for one of the largest companies in the world and I also have a profitable side business. I am happily married, own my own home in San Diego and my kids are in college.. I'd say I've been pretty successful and have a damn good life. Oh, but according to you I should be in prison..?? :wallbash:

Glad I live in California..

Marijuana has been used by humans for 1000's of years. But ole BigBuff thinks he knows more than doctors, scientists, and millions if not billions of users.. Why don't you go stick your head back in the sand bud. Maybe you'll find a book to read.

[/quot

Opiates and cocaine have been used by humans for 1000s of years too. Should we legalize them to because people like to use them as a form of recreation.

I have zero problem with people that use the drug to manage pain. If you are that bad off you should have any means at your disposal to take care of yourself.

But for the people that just want to use it to get high you get what you get. It is in fact illegal and unless you have been living in a cave all your life as an adult you should know better. Kick back and have a drink that is legal.

As you can see by my number of posts I like to come to this site for some of the best Bills talk around but I don't get involved with posting. I'm going to go back to reading about my favorite team. At this point i'm sure this thread belongs somewhere in the politics forum. As it has nothing to do with football anymore.

Go Bills