Phil Sims comments about Tannehill

So lets assume Tannehill goes before the bills pick.

That means the following 7 are definitely off the board before Buffalo:

3 Quarterbacks (Luck, RGIII, Tannehill)

1 Wide Receiver (Blackmon)

1 Running Back (Richardson

1 Left Tackle (Kalil)

1 Corner Back (Claiborne)

That essentially leaves 2 wild card picks, with the most likely picks being (DE Ingram, DT Poe, DE Coples, WR Floyd, OT Reiff)

Lets hope those 2 picks end up being pass rushers.. then we'll pretty much have our pick whether it be Kuechly, Floyd, or Reiff.

Tannehill = bum

Wouldn't even think of drafting the guy until the 4th or later. He is very JP-esque with his decision making. Not worth a first by any means. After Luck and RGIII, the only QB I would even take a flyer on is Russel Wilson and that's in the 5th or later.

Edited by H2o

If we take Kuechly, does that mean we blew it last year with the Kelvin Sheppard pick? Or is he your BPA?

Blew a mid rounder when running a different scheme? I'd say LK could probably play outside too. Shep being first off the bench wouldn't be a failure though.

Anyone hear this interview on Sirius? Sims looked at a bunch of tape on several on the quarterbacks that are in the draft, and the Tannehill comments were interesting. He said that Tannehill played in the most pro-style offense compared to all the others. Tannehill made a lot of sideline throws, going for single coverage. I'm guessing Sims is referring to the deep out route. Sims wouldn't guess where he'd go in the draft, however Kerwin had him going to Miami. That would help our chances of someone we like falling to 10.

Could be he surprises everyone and turns out to be the top QB in the draft. Don't scoff! Remember Brady? Round #6 pick!

Locker.... Derrrr..... Sorry, brain said one thing, fingers typed something else

Longer resume only helps so much when it's not as good. 3 of those guys had definite question marks. Locker was crazy inaccurate, gabbert flew up out of nowhere, and ponder didn't have the first round arm. I'm just saying if those guys all fell that early, so could tannehill easily. Doesn't mean he SHOULD, but he very well could.

I get what you and the rest of the guys are saying, i do. I know QB is the most important position, but if you have a guy you know needs more maturing, why draft him this low? So what if you go out and have a 2-14 year next year, and can pick the best QB next draft, you just pissed away your top 10 pick this year.

I guess it is a catch 22. or at the very least a huge gamble.

So lets assume Tannehill goes before the bills pick.

That means the following 7 are definitely off the board before Buffalo:

3 Quarterbacks (Luck, RGIII, Tannehill)

1 Wide Receiver (Blackmon)

1 Running Back (Richardson

1 Left Tackle (Kalil)

1 Corner Back (Claiborne)

That essentially leaves 2 wild card picks, with the most likely picks being (DE Ingram, DT Poe, DE Coples, WR Floyd, OT Reiff)

Lets hope those 2 picks end up being pass rushers.. then we'll pretty much have our pick whether it be Kuechly, Floyd, or Reiff.

What makes you think Poe is going in the Top 10, let alone first round?