Okay, talk me out of Gilmore in the 1st.

What if I told you you could get that shiny new WR (Mohamed Sanu) AND have Gilmore? Would you do it? A "quality" weapon WILL be there in the 2nd round.

I don't know if the Bills pass rush will be NY GIANT good, but it'll be good......now, couple Williams with Gilmore?!?!

That's cookin' with gas, bigdog!

Floyd + 2nd round CB > Gilmore + 2nd round WR if you ask me. The gap between Floyd and the next best WR is just massive.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone name the Giants' starting CB's and safeties in the SB? Now can you name their WR's and TE's?

That's dumb. I can name pretty much every team's WR and TE, it doesnt mean they don't suck. That's an announcer, TV cameraman and director issue, not an indicator of importance.

Sure the Giants had a great pass rush and it lessened the need for star DBs, but the Giants were also one game from missing the playoffs altogether. Eli was the game MVP and the play of the game was arguably made by a WR not a DL.

I want the Bills to get a LT and WR, and not all that enamored with drafting a CB in round one myself, although Gilmore looks like a stud. But I think the thesis of the post was misguided.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

After Martin's Pro Day and questions about Floyd's character, I'm starting to think Gilmore fits a need, and has the best chance of being the safest pick for the future, and for this year. I'm not seeing a whole lot of convincing downsides to Gilmore this year and in the future. Seems there will be a lot of possibilities in round 2 for an OT and lots of possibilities all the way through McNutt at WR. Somebody talk me out of it!

broken record i know......but build from inside out. BPA O line,D line,LB.

no CBs,WRs in the first round.The Buffalo's and detroit's of the NFL have drafted from the outside in

w the expected results.

What's all this praise with Williams? Every game I watched last year he got burnt or blew his coverage. CB is def a big position of need and if that's where they go first round so be it

Williams is a baller. He was thrust into a situation because of injuries and he made some mistakes early. By the end of the season, he was really good and he will continue to get better.

That's dumb. I can name pretty much every team's WR and TE, it doesnt mean they don't suck. That's an announcer, TV cameraman and director issue, not an indicator of importance.

Sure the Giants had a great pass rush and it lessened the need for star DBs, but the Giants were also one game from missing the playoffs altogether. Eli was the game MVP and the play of the game was arguably made by a WR not a DL.

I want the Bills to get a LT and WR, and not all that enamored with drafting a CB in round one myself, although Gilmore looks like a stud. But I think the thesis of the post was misguided.

The point is that the Giants' LB and secondary corps were considered suspect until the DL got healthy. The Bills have talent at both positions and have on-paper what looks to be a monster DL. And while they can stand to be upgraded since they don't have all-pros at every position, there are needs on the offensive side of the ball that would benefit Fitz. I don't think there is an LT worth 10 (not to mention Hairston should be much better in his 2nd year and should be no worse than Bell with the scheme the Bills play), and if WR is the next option, I'd instead favor going after what looks like an amazing TE prospect in Fleener, who can create greater mismatches than a #2 WR (which can be had after the 1st round).

Edited by Doc

Can anyone name the Giants' starting CB's and safeties in the SB? Now can you name their WR's and TE's?

+1. Continue to build front 7. They are still thin at linebacker and DT. Not only thin, but VOID at LT.

C'mon people. Don't "Jauron" me.

+1. Continue to build front 7. They are still thin at linebacker and DT. Not only thin, but VOID at LT.

C'mon people. Don't "Jauron" me.

DT? Not with Heard (at least, since Troup may finally be healthy). As for LT: Hairston. They do need depth at OT though.

Obviously, I disagree to a point. I think this team has weaknesses closer to the LOS that will cost them. I don't think anyyone as thin as the Bills are have been pushed over the top by getting a top flight corner. Since they are not going to address QB (I think), why not lock down the front 7?

DT? Not with Heard (at least, since Troup may finally be healthy). As for LT: Hairston. They do need depth at OT though.

You have way more confidence in Heard and Troupe that I do. Regardless of what we have, If I told you we could get Justin Tuck or Warren Sapp at 10, would you take him? Or are you THAT comfortable with what they have.

And Hairston may be a player, but neither Nix or Gailey have professed that much confidence in him. You need to hedge your bet on a 2nd year player. I think they need competition at LT, not depth.

At #10, we are not going to reach to take a need pick...just take the BPA and if that is Gilmore, so be it. Why take a lesser talent LT or LB? Draft a guy who is elite and a playmaker. We'll find a spot for him.

Hard to argue with that.

At #10, we are not going to reach to take a need pick...just take the BPA and if that is Gilmore, so be it. Why take a lesser talent LT or LB? Draft a guy who is elite and a playmaker. We'll find a spot for him.

plus one on this...what if you take a offensive tackle in the first round and he just plain cant hack it at the NFL level? There are PLENTY of red flags on OT's this ...

Interestingly enough....to me the OT's with the least red flags are Cordy Glen and Mike Adams.....I honestly think that the bills really want Cordy Glenn for LT.....

- Hairston is probably your starter....Cordy Glen goes to swing tackle this year and gets a chance to get his NFL feet under him

- In this situation...we will take a corner later....but we did resign MgGee.....have Drayton Florence.....Willams and Rogers in their second years....and a Giants type pass rush

- A guy like Sanu is NOT this massive drop off from the top 2 wideouts that has been stated before....if you take a WR in the 2nd this year....you are getting a very good one more then likely

jmo

Obviously, I disagree to a point. I think this team has weaknesses closer to the LOS that will cost them. I don't think anyyone as thin as the Bills are have been pushed over the top by getting a top flight corner. Since they are not going to address QB (I think), why not lock down the front 7?

You have way more confidence in Heard and Troupe that I do. Regardless of what we have, If I told you we could get Justin Tuck or Warren Sapp at 10, would you take him? Or are you THAT comfortable with what they have.

I don't have as much confidence in Troup, given his back troubles. Heard I like. It's just that the Bills have committed a lot of resources on the DL as it is and have needs on the offensive side of the ball.

And Hairston may be a player, but neither Nix or Gailey have professed that much confidence in him. You need to hedge your bet on a 2nd year player. I think they need competition at LT, not depth.

Nix has professed confidence in Hairston. Given the Bills' scheme, I don't see him as a downgrade to Bell at all. And a guy like Fleener can change the complexion of the offense single-handedly, while a WR can be found in the later rounds.

Kenny Phillips and Antrel Rolle were the safeties and Aaron Ross and Corey Webster were their CBs for most of the season so that's my best guess.

This is a poor point at best sir. You obviously hear WR names called more as the announcers often talk more about the offensive stars than the defensive stars.

Kenny Phillips and Antrel Rolle were the safeties and Aaron Ross and Corey Webster were their CBs for most of the season so that's my best guess.

This is a poor point at best sir. You obviously hear WR names called more as the announcers often talk more about the offensive stars than the defensive stars.

Yet you're the first person to name them. Poor point? I think not.

Ahhh Coby Fleener. I've been waiting for Fleener talk to heat up. Dude looks big and smooth.

He's also fast, has great hands, and runs good routes. While some may think that 10 is too high for a TE, I ask if they would take Gronk 10th overall?

He's also fast, has great hands, and runs good routes. While some may think that 10 is too high for a TE, I ask if they would take Gronk 10th overall?

I love the Fleener idea but Chris Brown downplayed the idea yesterday, which makes me believe the Bills are not looking that way. I think he's going to be a great pro.

broken record i know......but build from inside out. BPA O line,D line,LB.

no CBs,WRs in the first round.The Buffalo's and detroit's of the NFL have drafted from the outside in

w the expected results.

Tcali...its interesting that you put it that way.....which makes me think corner or wr all the more

Build inside out....we have DONE THAT

Eric Wood

Andy Levitre

Kraig Urbick (who while not drafted was s stud last year for us

Eric Pears resigned

Hairston

Mario Williams

Anderson

Darius

Williams

Merriman

Kelsay

Heard

When you think about it.....considerable resources have been spent both in free agency and draft ON THE LINES at some point you gotta start looking at the other spots

hell, i'd take gronk at 2nd overall.

if nix thinks fleener is a stud, trade down and take him in the teens. not at #10.