Word is Patriots going hard after Forte

D521646

I feel sorry for the person that believes a rumor from Incarcerated Bob and thinks its legit.

If there was any traction from it, ESPN, NFLN or FOX Sports would have reported a story like this.

I'm sure any RB would be clamoring for the chance to go to the Patriots and get 10 carries a game. :doh:

Less work, less chance of being injured, playing on a championship quality team, and collecting a nice pay day?

I don't see why not.

Less work, less chance of being injured, playing on a championship quality team, and collecting a nice pay day?

I don't see why not.

Something tells me if they had Forte he'd be getting more than 10 carries a game, not to mention how he would factor into their passing attack and screen game. The lawfirm was a solid back who didn't fumble but he doesn't have the same type of talent that Forte does. He'd get plenty of touches in NE, I hope they don't get him.

I don't know about the validity of the proposed trade but if accurate, it's a desperate move for the Patriots in acknowledgement the window is not far from the sill.

That's a lot of leveraging of the future for a running back, the brake pad of NFL positions.

Im pretty sure id let them hand the ball off to forte instead of letting brady throw it.....forte is getting a raw deal in chicago, i know he got tagged and all and is still making millions, but what that guy does he needs to be paid!

But hey im all for NE giving away draft picks!

Something tells me if they had Forte he'd be getting more than 10 carries a game, not to mention how he would factor into their passing attack and screen game. The lawfirm was a solid back who didn't fumble but he doesn't have the same type of talent that Forte does. He'd get plenty of touches in NE, I hope they don't get him.

And since they really have no counter to Williams, the only other thing they could do is run more.. I know it came from Incar Bob, but Partriot fans seem confident. :)

Tim-

This deal simply will not happen.

1) The Pats will not pay a RB the contract that Forte is looking for.

2) The Pats place a high value on draft picks

This. He's looking to get paid not to take a bargain deal and join a contender. He already plays for one. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats part with picks for a great player just don't see why the bears would do this