Mike Jasper at Guard?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he's a myth. Other than body size, he's displayed nothing that resembles football ability.

How do you know? And don't bore us with that you saw him play in pre season and evaulated not only his complete ability but how interesting he should be.

Just playing with the notion of Jasper being larger than life here. Let's say he lines up under center with Fred behind him. Spiller at wingback. Short yardage situation Jasper takes it and falls forward for the first down, or goes on option.

Now getting to my idea. Same formation and perhaps similar distance. Wood hikes ball directly to Fred between Jasper's legs and Jasper pretends to take ball and maybe falls forward or goes on an option with Spiller, while Fred

takes advantage of the situation with ball in hand.

I doubt one other team in the past several decades has ever had a PS player gain such fame as he's had on this board. Man I hope he pans out in some way.

• 1 month later...

Just playing with the notion of Jasper being larger than life here. Let's say he lines up under center with Fred behind him. Spiller at wingback. Short yardage situation Jasper takes it and falls forward for the first down, or goes on option.

Now getting to my idea. Same formation and perhaps similar distance. Wood hikes ball directly to Fred between Jasper's legs and Jasper pretends to take ball and maybe falls forward or goes on an option with Spiller, while Fred

I doubt one other team in the past several decades has ever had a PS player gain such fame as he's had on this board. Man I hope he pans out in some way.

I think you're forgetting the Lauvale Sape fan club.

I would rather have Jasper be my guard on 3rd and 6 than 3 on 3rd and 1. I've seen little of him (pre-season defense), but in those cases he's not been able to generate any "push." I'd much rather have him be a hard-to-move pass-blocker for now.

Except that the Bills would need a new o-line (and the opponents would need a new d-line and maybe LB's) every time that Mount Jasper falls forward and crushes them. The field would have larger craters/divots in it from wherever he lands too

I hear they have a bust of him already sculpted in Canton! They keep it in the supply room, on a shelf, next to a Tebow. It's just a rumor though...

I call shenanigans on this one, a man of jaspers stature gets more then a bust in Canton, I hear they are preparing to rename the building after him, give him his own wing of the building, and construct a giant (which is life size) unobtainium statue of him at teh front entryway to the Hall. All the other busts would then be moved out to a seperate storage container outside because even combined they would not be worthy of being in the Hall as him

Reading through this thread reminds me of one of TBD's all time favorite Bills players.

The Chroise

I like to think I was in on the ground floor of the chroisien sensation when i was one of the original memebrs of the bandwagon when i decided to forgo the hype that was the Losman and Edwards bandwagon and go straight to the next option

If he is going to play as a Bill, it seems that Gaurd is the best option. He's had his year to train...so it is put up or leave time for him. I wish him well, and hope he's successful.

Not necessarily, he can go back on the practice squad for another year if need be.

Jasper lined up at LG next to Cordy Glenn during the rookie mini camp. And contrary to some posters suggesting he was a tackle, he was always projected as a guard (per Buddy last year). He is now listed behind Levitre on the depth chart.

what depth chart? it has been updated?

i always though rinehart and brown were the backup guards...