Buddy Nix GM of the Year?

DC Grid

First he resigns Stevie for relatively cheap...you might even say dirt cheap given what some bum WRs got this year. Next he gets THE free agent prize at DE. Then he gets another solid pass rushing DE in his prime (Anderson)...and keeps the guy from returning to New England. And on top of all that he does a pretty decent job of resigning some sinificant role players. If Buddy et al put together another stellar draft this could be the best offseason the Buffalo Bills have ever had.

First he resigns Stevie for relatively cheap...you might even say dirt cheap given what some bum WRs got this year. Next he gets THE free agent prize at DE. Then he gets another solid pass rushing DE in his prime (Anderson)...and keeps the guy from returning to New England. And on top of all that he does a pretty decent job of resigning some sinificant role players. If Buddy et al put together another stellar draft this could be the best offseason the Buffalo Bills have ever had.

My opinion of him is rising, but let's see the draft class and the team on the field

Great start for Buddy and company, but you can't win that in the offseason.

Buddy has shown some skill this offseason at dealing with Free Agency - something I was very worried about after last season. Turns out he was just waiting for the right players, and for the right maturity level of the Bills. Now he is putting it all together - and I agree, he should be recognized thus far as one of the best acting GM's. And, I believe the draft is his real talent. Our team has gotten much younger, and much BIGGER since his arrival. Even our backups - on both lines - are big, capable guys who can play!

Another awesome thing - Doug Whaley. He's learning from Nix, and no doubt has a considerable hand in all this. He is going to bring new vitality to the organization when his time comes, and he'll be able to come in and continue with what has been started.

This defense - with the right luck, maybe another LB'er or playmaking CB - could be really special!

Break down the off-season into two parts: free agency and the draft. So far we are still in the free agency part; who even knows if Buddy is finished with this part. But I would have to give him a solid A grade. If he does even a B grade draft, the Bills will have a pretty solid off-season to build on. I am pretty sure now that the Bills will go OT in Round 1. I believe they will get a very good player at that spot regardless of the position. So I really think that this will be a very good off-season for the Bills, and we will have Buddy & Co. to thank for that.