• 2nd Round Pick
    • 3rd Round Pick
    • 4th Round Pick
    • 5th Round Pick
    • 6th Round Pick
    • 7th Round Pick
    • Multiple Picks
    • Wouldn't touch em

Read between what lines? Has he done an interview? What are you referencing exactly?

Honestly curious.

There's an interview here.

It's pretty clear to me that Smith is very frustrated with his role or lack of role, that he's not a big Sanchez fan, and it's possible that he'd really rather live in a bigger city .... maybe I'm not dense but it really wasn't clear to me he wants to go back to the Jets, I had the impression he saw a downside there.

I couldn't catch what he said at the end when he was asked what FA signing would get him most excited.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that he hates buffalo is that he wants to be a jet. Of course he can't come flat out and say but anyone with slightest ability to read between the lines would see it.

Look this isn't an instance to get all small market defensive about someone not wanting to play here, as I said its simply a case of having his heart set somewhere else.

Me thinks your inferiority complex is showing

It's no secret Im a Tebow fan.

I voted a 5th round pick, and I'd like to see him brought in as a backup.

However, I understand the amount of hype that would surround him, and the possible QB controversy the Bills would have to deal with. So it's probably best that it doesn't happen.

I can say though, that I would NOT be cheering for him to usurp Fitz as the starter. Even if Fitz struggled for a couple games.

-----------------------------------------------------

Read between what lines? Has he done an interview? What are you referencing exactly?

Honestly curious.

I think we offer a 4th. Buddy won't cave to fan pressure to start him over Fitz, and he's worth a 4th. Also, by offering a 4th, we make the Jets and Dolphins to have to offer a 3rd or better to get him. Either way we win. We either end up with an experienced QB, who by the way would have one of the NFL's best QB coaches as our backup instead of Thigpen, or watch the Dolphins or Jets pay over value for him. Offer a 4th, can't loose.

Edited by RyanC883

Guy from NY post was on and he confirmed Jets are going balls out after Tebow. He expects an announcement within a couple hours. Said they want a wildcat option and a QB to push Sanchez (something he's never had) and tebow gives them both.

I hope he pushes him down the stairs. Would much rather play Tebow than Sanchez. Santonio Holmes would lose it :devil:

Tebow really needs to be in Jacksonville. He's from there. It's in the heart of the Bible belt. I just think he fits there.

He may fit in the city, the team has 2 QB already. Khan has been quoted as saying of Blaine Gabbert: "We've got a huge amount invested in Blaine. Our fate is tied to him. We can't win without him."

I'm not so familiar with Mularkey's new OC Brad Bratkowski...I know he was the Falcons QB coach and presumably got the job with the expectation to coach up Gabbert... Mularkey is on the record as saying he won't be trying to call plays or manage the game...

Is Bratkowski the sort of guy who would like to manage a spread offense, and if the Jags are actually committed to developing Gabbert, is the possibility of a bunch of fans screaming "TEB-OW! TEB-OW!" if Blaine has a bad game, the right way to go about it?

Guy from NY post was on and he confirmed Jets are going balls out after Tebow. He expects an announcement within a couple hours. Said they want a wildcat option and a QB to push Sanchez (something he's never had) and tebow gives them both.

Wow. Tebow to push Sanchez as a QB? Just....Wow.

Where is he gonna push him? Into church to pray for better reads? Down the stairs? What?

I hope he pushes him down the stairs. Would much rather play Tebow than Sanchez. Santonio Holmes would lose it :devil:

Not to mention Cromartie, who is already on the record against Tebow as a Jet.

(Snap!)

Jets and jags are in it, jet are in the lead, expect an announcement this afternoon he just said.

I wonder if jags move gabbert or henne of they get him? Reality though tebow is so different than henne they could keep all 3. Henne 2 on depth chart but tebow sees a lot of playing time in wildcat.

He may fit in the city, the team has 2 QB already. Khan has been quoted as saying of Blaine Gabbert: "We've got a huge amount invested in Blaine. Our fate is tied to him. We can't win without him."

I'm not so familiar with Mularkey's new OC Brad Bratkowski...I know he was the Falcons QB coach and presumably got the job with the expectation to coach up Gabbert... Mularkey is on the record as saying he won't be trying to call plays or manage the game...

Is Bratkowski the sort of guy who would like to manage a spread offense, and if the Jags are actually committed to developing Gabbert, is the possibility of a bunch of fans screaming "TEB-OW! TEB-OW!" if Blaine has a bad game, the right way to go about it?

Wow. Tebow to push Sanchez as a QB? Just....Wow.

Where is he gonna push him? Into church to pray for better reads? Down the stairs? What?

Not to mention Cromartie, who is already on the record against Tebow as a Jet.

(Snap!)

Who cares about Cro? Just a nasty dude with nothing good to say about anyone.

There's a real concern in NY Sanchez has been given a golden situation and didn't really earn it. They want to see how he does if he has to share the spotlight with someone, if he can take it to the next level. No matter who wins, jets end up with a better QB. And in the interim tebow provides the wildcat element they lost with Smith, especially important to new OC Sparano. Makes a lot sense when you think about it.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Jets and jags are in it, jet are in the lead, expect an announcement this afternoon he just said.

I don't care who gets him...as long as it's not us. All the better if it's the Jets and they give up something big for him.

Who cares about Cro? Just a nasty dude with nothing good to say about anyone.

O, I agree, I agree, but look at it from the chemistry/teambuilding viewpoint. Cro airing his views can't be helpful in the locker room if Tebow does wind up a Jet. :thumbsup:

Keep talkin' nasty, dude!

I agree that Sanchize needs to step it up, uncertain Tebow with his crappy throwing mechanics and attendant Media Circus is the way to achieve this.

IMO they'd have been better served to look for a bona fide veteran capable of putting up 60-65% completion and throwing for 3500 yds a season, someone who can really read the D.

But hey, it's the Jets. Wonder if Ryan will be guaranteeing their Superbowl appearance this year.

Tebow really needs to be in Jacksonville. He's from there. It's in the heart of the Bible belt. I just think he fits there.

You're right, they're CRAZY about him in Florida. Maybe they could even get rid of a tarp or two at the Stadium. There's no doubt he would have an initial impact on their ticket sales. Not many Wins, but they would sell some tickets for a while.

I think that if Elway and the Broncos have any class, they would work on getting him to the Jags. They really jerked him around and showed no class while he was getting them into the playoffs, and then still not saying they are commited to him and running off to get manning. Atleast make a deal to send the kid back home, and to a place that could use some media attention to try and sell tickets too. Sending him to the jets would just be cruel and Elway might as well just crap into his luggage while throwing him onto the first plane out of town

I think that if Elway and the Broncos have any class, they would work on getting him to the Jags. They really jerked him around and showed no class while he was getting them into the playoffs, and then still not saying they are commited to him and running off to get manning. Atleast make a deal to send the kid back home, and to a place that could use some media attention to try and sell tickets too. Sending him to the jets would just be cruel and Elway might as well just crap into his luggage while throwing him onto the first plane out of town

How did the broncos jerk him around? The defense got them into the playoffs, not tebows horriffic QB play. They talked about benching him because he was that terrible. Swap the name Brady Quinn for tim tebow and there's not a single person shedding a tear over all of this.

People like YOU are the reason no one wants tebow on their team. The negatives he brings (terrible QB play, moronic fan base) outweigh any possible football related positives he could bring to a team.

Edited by Ramius

How did the broncos jerk him around? The defense got them into the playoffs, not tebows horriffic QB play. They talked about benching him because he was that terrible. Swap the name Brady Quinn for tim tebow and there's not a single person shedding a tear over all of this.

People like YOU are the reason no one wants tebow on their team. The negatives he brings (terrible QB play, moronic fan base) outweigh any possible football related positives he could bring to a team.

Yeah, the ticket sales are really going to help the Jags when Blaine Gabbert misses a couple passes and the packed house starts booing in the first quarter of the first game.