If There Ever Was a Year To Trade Down

A few Bills fans have actually considered moving up in the draft to get Matt Kalil. As good a prospect he is this is not the year to give away draft picks for one player. Not when we have holes to fill. Yes we need a tackle. But we can find a decent tackle in rounds 2, 3, 4 even later than that. (if only we could sign Bell).

If we traded down anywhere between 11-15 we would still pick ahead of the Jets and me not being a big fan of Jonathan Martin, I would leave the tackle position alone in the first and grab Michael Floyd WR with the pick if he's available for two reasons. 1. We need a WR. 2. I don't want the Jets to pick him up.

Now if for some strange reason Melvin Ingram is available at 10? Then I say forget about trading down and we pull the trigger and get him. I know they say he's fit for a 3-4 or whatever but in an article I read from one of our members on TBD, Wanny's defense can be very well suited for short big and fast LB's. Either way the guy has a motor that doesn't stop. I say take him if he's there.

If he isn't available and we trade down I say we go Michael Floyd with the first pick and take it from there. From that point on the we need a WR conversations will stop and we'll only have to focus on OT, pass rush depth, CB, maybe a TE and OLB. QB is a tricky one. I would like a decent backup but I don't want to draft a backup this year. God Forbid if we don't make the playoffs or even come close, then next year will be the focus on a QB year.

In a 4-3, Ingram is a DE, not a LB.

He still can be a LB in a 4-3... He's a football player and a good one at that... Even if we put him at DE it doesn't matter... If he's there for the taking at #10 you don't pass on a player like that... Plain and simple...

We wouldn't be asking him to go from tackling and covering and rushing the QB to punting the ball...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

.The biggest need on our roster right now is #2 wr by far. People forget last yr that our offense got figured out. Teams started to stack the box to take away our run gm and our short passing gm. There was no threat for downfield passing gm. I love the idea of trading down and selecting M Floyd. I think the Bills will take him either way, whether we trade down or stay at 10.

This would be a great draft.

#1 WR= M. Floyd

#2 DE= V Curry

#3 OLB= lavonte David.

He still can be a LB in a 4-3... He's a football player and a good one at that... Even if we put him at DE it doesn't matter... If he's there for the taking at #10 you don't pass on a player like that... Plain and simple...

We wouldn't be asking him to go from tackling and covering and rushing the QB to punting the ball...

If Kelsaya nd Spencer were OK to play LB this kid is a cinch!

I think the 90% of the board knows trading down is ideal in this years draft. It's rarely discussed because we all know it doubtful.

1332270637[/url]' post='2415892']

.The biggest need on our roster right now is #2 wr by far. People forget last yr that our offense got figured out. Teams started to stack the box to take away our run gm and our short passing gm. There was no threat for downfield passing gm. I love the idea of trading down and selecting M Floyd. I think the Bills will take him either way, whether we trade down or stay at 10.

#1 WR= M. Floyd

#2 DE= V Curry

#3 OLB= lavonte David.

I agree. It would be ideal IMO. I can't see David falling into the 3rd. He's a really good player. If both curry and david were there in the 2nd, I'd probably choose David. He's one of, if not the best coverage LB in the draft. Considering our new defensive scheme, he fits the bill perfectly.

#1 WR= M. Floyd

#2 DE= V Curry

#3 OLB= lavonte David.

I like this draft also, but who's going to protect Fitz's blindside?

#1 OT= Martin

#2 Wr= Jeffery

#3 BPA front 7

Im sure next year will be even better to trade down!

ROFLOL. Every year dude! I was that guy before until the first "veteran" pointed out you have to have a trade partner, in the right spot and it has to make sense. Let's not forget this is the Bills we are talking about. While we are talking about it if anything how about we MOVE UP high enough to get Kalil or Blackmon?

That would be the poop!

If Richardson happened to fall to #10, I could see some teams wanting to move up ahead of KC to pick him. I would love to see Claiborne in a Bills uniform, however, the cost is probably too high. I do think a CB will be one of our top 2 picks.

A few Bills fans have actually considered moving up in the draft to get Matt Kalil. As good a prospect he is this is not the year to give away draft picks for one player. Not when we have holes to fill. Yes we need a tackle. But we can find a decent tackle in rounds 2, 3, 4 even later than that. (if only we could sign Bell).

If we traded down anywhere between 11-15 we would still pick ahead of the Jets and me not being a big fan of Jonathan Martin, I would leave the tackle position alone in the first and grab Michael Floyd WR with the pick if he's available for two reasons. 1. We need a WR. 2. I don't want the Jets to pick him up.

Now if for some strange reason Melvin Ingram is available at 10? Then I say forget about trading down and we pull the trigger and get him. I know they say he's fit for a 3-4 or whatever but in an article I read from one of our members on TBD, Wanny's defense can be very well suited for short big and fast LB's. Either way the guy has a motor that doesn't stop. I say take him if he's there.

If he isn't available and we trade down I say we go Michael Floyd with the first pick and take it from there. From that point on the we need a WR conversations will stop and we'll only have to focus on OT, pass rush depth, CB, maybe a TE and OLB. QB is a tricky one. I would like a decent backup but I don't want to draft a backup this year. God Forbid if we don't make the playoffs or even come close, then next year will be the focus on a QB year.

But you never give reasoning why this year is the year above other years to trade down. So why is this year the year to do that?

First of all, what player is there at 10 that we do not want, and someone else must have? The reason this is a great year to trade down is because there are not a lot of "Top 10" players in this year's draft. We are not the only people who think that, everyone who cares thinks that. So, if Richardson is there, who desperately needs him? Anyone? Someone said teams may want to jump in front of KC....Why? KC has Charles who is terrific with two working knees. I don't think that anyone will be willing to dance, so we will likely stand in at 10 and take the BPA, because that's all you can do when there is nothing overly outstanding.

First of all, what player is there at 10 that we do not want, and someone else must have? The reason this is a great year to trade down is because there are not a lot of "Top 10" players in this year's draft. We are not the only people who think that, everyone who cares thinks that. So, if Richardson is there, who desperately needs him? Anyone? Someone said teams may want to jump in front of KC....Why? KC has Charles who is terrific with two working knees. I don't think that anyone will be willing to dance, so we will likely stand in at 10 and take the BPA, because that's all you can do when there is nothing overly outstanding.

KC also has Peyton Hillis now too. No RB need there!

But you never give reasoning why this year is the year above other years to trade down. So why is this year the year to do that?

Apologies for forgetting that. I'm writing this through the phone and probably grew tired of writing with one finger and forgot to mention why. The reason "I" think this is the year to trade down of all years is because we all can agree our most important position to be filled is OT right? Right. So, being that Kalil is gone before 10, I don't feel comfortable using that pick on Jonathan Martin like some Bills fans do. Mike Adams I would prefer more than Martin but there's a slight chance he will fall to the 2nd round and be there for the taking.

Another first rounder I'm not too comfortable with is Riley Reiff. The whole short arms issue keeps popping up and you never know he may turn out to be a stud but are we "sure" at #10 like we would be sure with Matt Kalil? The answer is no.

There are other prospects out there that we can get in the later rounds like:

Tom Compton - Projected to go in round 5

Lamar Holmes - Projected to go in rounds 5-6

Jeff Allen - Projected to go in rounds 3-4

Andrew Datko - Projected to go in rounds 2-3

James Brown - Projected to go in round 4

If we trade down and get a later 1st round pick Plus a second, we can go WR with the 1st and forget about that position.

That would leave us with two 2nd rounders, a third, two 4th rounders, two 5th rounders, a 6th and a 7th. In the 2nd round if Mike Adams is there we take him and or Andrew Datko with either of the picks we have in that round. With the other 2nd round pick we focus on defense. Take your pick. It can be OLB, DE or CB.

In the third round we go defense again with either choice. OLB, DE or CB. You can also include TE in this round.

In the 4th round we do like we did in the 2nd. OT and Defensive position of your choice.

In the 5th round we do like we did in the 2nd and 4th round. OT and defensive position of your choice.

The 6th and 7th rounds is up in the air. If Lamar Holmes is there I say take Him.

All of these picks because why? Because we traded down.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Apologies for forgetting that. I'm writing this through the phone and probably grew tired of writing with one finger and forgot to mention why. The reason "I" think this is the year to trade down of all years is because we all can agree our most important position to be filled is OT right? Right. So, being that Kalil is gone before 10, I don't feel comfortable using that pick on Jonathan Martin like some Bills fans do. Mike Adams I would prefer more than Martin but there's a slight chance he will fall to the 2nd round and be there for the taking.

Another first rounder I'm not too comfortable with is Riley Reiff. The whole short arms issue keeps popping up and you never know he may turn out to be a stud but are we "sure" at #10 like we would be sure with Matt Kalil? The answer is no.

There are other prospects out there that we can get in the later rounds like:

Tom Compton - Projected to go in round 5

Lamar Holmes - Projected to go in rounds 5-6

Jeff Allen - Projected to go in rounds 3-4

Andrew Datko - Projected to go in rounds 2-3

James Brown - Projected to go in round 4

If we trade down and get a later 1st round pick Plus a second, we can go WR with the 1st and forget about that position.

That would leave us with two 2nd rounders, a third, two 4th rounders, two 5th rounders, a 6th and a 7th. In the 2nd round if Mike Adams is there we take him and or Andrew Datko with either of the picks we have in that round. With the other 2nd round pick we focus on defense. Take your pick. It can be OLB, DE or CB.

In the third round we go defense again with either choice. OLB, DE or CB. You can also include TE in this round.

In the 4th round we do like we did in the 2nd. OT and Defensive position of your choice.

In the 5th round we do like we did in the 2nd and 4th round. OT and defensive position of your choice.

The 6th and 7th rounds is up in the air. If Lamar Holmes is there I say take Him.

All of these picks because why? Because we traded down.

All sounds great and dandy.....but that means you still have to find someone to move up into the 10 spot. I really dont see anyone moving up unless somone wants tannenhill(sp?) that bad and i dont even see that. I would love for us to move down 5 spots, pick our guy and get an extra 2nd but i just dont see it happening.

Well, thankfully Wannstadt doesn't ask his DEs to cover. Even so, Ingram is a pass rusher, not a coverage guy. Just like a healthy Merriman, he's not a fit as a 4-3 LB.

Well, thankfully Wannstadt doesn't ask his DEs to cover. Even so, Ingram is a pass rusher, not a coverage guy. Just like a healthy Merriman, he's not a fit as a 4-3 LB.

So are we agreeing that if he's there we take him? Because it sounds like you'd take him if he was there.

All sounds great and dandy.....but that means you still have to find someone to move up into the 10 spot. I really dont see anyone moving up unless somone wants tannenhill(sp?) that bad and i dont even see that. I would love for us to move down 5 spots, pick our guy and get an extra 2nd but i just dont see it happening.

After reading my own post, I actually wouldn't mind moving back 5-10 spots back and there will still be a good WR to take at #20. To move from 10 to 20 would mean that we get the 20 slot, their 2nd rounder and even say a extra 6th or 7th...

I'd like to see us trade down, and still use our first pick on a DE to compete for the starting job opposite Williams. And if he's not ready right away, he learns behind Kelsay and Merriman, imo two solid technique players. We would get an extra pick to use on a variety of depth needs. :)