Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was watching yesterday when the defense attorney gave her that sheet to read lines 18-23, and I could tell she didn't know how to read it............But, I guess I do wonder then how she tweets?

Please believe me that I am no GZ supporter and he is not 'my guy'. I am most concerned with trying to have a rational discussion with those who will likely react badly should GZ be acquitted, which I think is likely. Maybe that is too much to ask. I am putting my faith in the justice system and those on the jury and am hopeful that others respect their decision.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply he was "your guy."

Just that merely having an opinion on the matter will seem like you're taking his side. That is to say, to someone who may possibly be emotionally invested in the outcome for reasons beyond the facts.

I was watching yesterday when the defense attorney gave her that sheet to read lines 18-23, and I could tell she didn't know how to read it............But, I guess I do wonder then how she tweets?

I'd guess poorly.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply he was "your guy."

Just that merely having an opinion on the matter will seem like you're taking his side. That is to say, to someone who may possibly be emotionally invested in the outcome for reasons beyond the facts.

Understand, and thanks.

CNN hitting a new low on the cracker comment:

"I can't believe people are using her testimony to put words in trayvons mouth"

Saying that they called white people in the neighborhood "crazy ass crackers" all the time is about the only thing I believe from her.

If GZ had all those bad things on his record...

What about the suspensions for TM. The fights he got in? The drugs he dealt? The images of him smoking? Growing pot? The things he said on Facebook and Twitter? The kid was nothing to society but a little punk.

I would have to agree. If the Prosecution is going to try to use past character flaws to bolster their case, the Defense should be able to use TM's in Zimmerman's Defense.

You are so dismissable. You know, that was the second time you called me out on the spelling of a word and both times you've been wrong. Most people with at least half a brain would look up the spelling before continuing with their folly. You, on the other hand, not only highlight your stupidity, but keep posting schit to draw even more attention to it. I'm losing interest in you as my cat toy. It used to be that I had to actually do something to make you go off the deep end, but now my mere presence in a thread does it. That's why you are so dismissable.

Well then, consider yourself dismissed. Feel free to go !@#$ yourself.

i know that. its easier to say on national tv than "i cant read" and shes previously refused to read paperwork in this trial, was my point. doesnt make much difference either way, just an observation.

Oh, an observation? Well who the !@#$ are you, man, Isaac Newton?

Saying that they called white people in the neighborhood "crazy ass crackers" all the time is about the only thing I believe from her.

They should google "Paula Deen".

I would have to agree. If the Prosecution is going to try to use past character flaws to bolster their case, the Defense should be able to use TM's in Zimmerman's Defense.

Well then, consider yourself dismissed. Feel free to go !@#$ yourself.

Still haven't found the cohones to admit you were wrong, eh? Now who's the jackass?

Here Sue:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/dismissable

dismissable

Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary

Jump to: navigation, search

English[edit]

Etymology[edit]

dismiss +‎ -able

Adjective[edit]

dismissable (comparative more dismissable, superlative most dismissable)

1. Capable of being dismissed. Most of their arguments were dismissable as obvious fallacies.

The problem is that Zimmerman's character/state of mind is very much in at issue to show a motive to shoot Martin, whereas Zimmerman had no knowledge of Martin's history when he shot him. Martin's character is irrelevant, Zimmerman's isn't.

However, I have the feeling that the prosecutors have already blown the trial. It probably doesn't matter anymore. They better pray Zimmerman takes the stand so they can hammer him with passport/money lies.

The problem is that Zimmerman's character/state of mind is very much in at issue to show a motive to shoot Martin, whereas Zimmerman had no knowledge of Martin's history when he shot him. Martin's character is irrelevant, Zimmerman's isn't.

However, I have the feeling that the prosecutors have already blown the trial. It probably doesn't matter anymore. They better pray Zimmerman takes the stand so they can hammer him with passport/money lies.

Martin's character and past rumored deeds would be important to the case to show that he was capable of being the aggressor.

Martin's character and past rumored deeds would be important to the case to show that he was capable of being the aggressor.

Exactly. Which is in diametrical opposition to the cherubic picture of him they almost exclusively show.

You can't really say that you were in fear of your life based upon information you had no way of knowing at the time.

Martin's character is irrelevant to the current trial, just as Zimmerman's character issues -which Martin would have no way of knowing - would be irrelevant if Martin had been the one to survive the encounter and be on trial for Zimmerman's murder (assuming he asserted a justification defense).

Of course, regardless of who is being tried, you can only go so far into character/propensity evidence unless the defendant opens the door.

So, if Charles Manson shows up at your house, and you end up killing him, his character had nothing to do with it?

Do I have any idea of what Charles Manson did back in the 1960's? Do famous people who happen to be currently incarcerated routinely show up at my doorstep? Is this a relevant (or even intelligent) example?

Inquiring minds want to know!