NFL Replay Week3 Bills beat Patriots

1B4IDie

One thing that really stood out to me re-watching this game... Fitz was a lot more accurate than I remembered. Even in his downfield attempts, the ball was thrown pretty good (granted he only through "deep" about 4 times).

There's been alot of talk about his cracked ribs and all, and I tuned out for much of that discussion, but is there a direct quote or evidence of his injury? Or just speculation?

Because after watching this game, I'm feeling much, much better about Fitz if he has a full off season to work on his game... and he and the Oline aren't injured.

IMO there was a clear difference between the first half of the season and the last half of the season. But there hasn't been an *official* explanation other than a couple players saying he had cracked ribs and coaches saying he had an undisclosed chest injury.

If he performs the way he did for the first half of last year's season for a full season this year, we'll all be very happy, imo.

IMO there was a clear difference between the first half of the season and the last half of the season. But there hasn't been an *official* explanation other than a couple players saying he had cracked ribs and coaches saying he had an undisclosed chest injury.

If he performs the way he did for the first half of last year's season for a full season this year, we'll all be very happy, imo.

I think it was a compilation of factors. In no order...

1] The injuries on the offensive line completely screwed up our timing because Fitz could no longer count on the 2-3 seconds he almost always got in the first third of the season. We withstood the first two injuries, when Rinehart and Hairston came in and played admirably. When the third and fourth injuries hit we were noticeably weaker and the line collapsed, despite the sack numbers.

2] The injuries to the WR. First to Donald Jones which forced DNelson to play #2 which he is not suited for. Jones wasnt very good but he was a threat and he blocked well. Then the injury to Roscoe who caused all kinds of problems for the D. This forced a switch of Brad Smith and CJ to WR which disrupted the entire offensive scheme. Fitz and the offense were very good and sometimes unstoppable when he could line up 3-4 WR (of Stevie, Roscoe, Nelson and Jones) along with a healthy threat of Chandler (who was the main beneficiary). Along with Freddy, and Brad Smith and CJ making cameos, defenses could not stop everyone and Fitz was great at knowing before the snap where he was going to go. When the line and the WR started to crumble, he no longer had those options and defenses started closing in on us because they knew we not only couldn't give him the time, but we couldn't get open.

3] Fitz's injury hurt him noticeably. I think he could have gotten away with it much better if it weren't for the above two reasons. He was tough as hell but he was getting beat badly, especially as soon as he passed, which greatly effected his accuracy and play. I don't think people give Fitz nearly enough credit for the season he played, when he was great and even when he sucked. He got thoroughly abused, and better QBs overall in the league would have been worse than him if they played on the Bills.

One thing that really stood out to me re-watching this game... Fitz was a lot more accurate than I remembered. Even in his downfield attempts, the ball was thrown pretty good (granted he only through "deep" about 4 times).

There's been alot of talk about his cracked ribs and all, and I tuned out for much of that discussion, but is there a direct quote or evidence of his injury? Or just speculation?

Because after watching this game, I'm feeling much, much better about Fitz if he has a full off season to work on his game... and he and the Oline aren't injured.

Fitz had cracked ribs after the WAS game. David Nelson let it slip and Fitz and Chan confirmed.

PTR

Here's another way to lift your spirits - re-watch any game from this season and imagine Mario Williams on that defense. BOOM.

Not to mention Kyle being healthier than he's been in years, Dareus having his rookie season behind him, and possibly Merriman being healthier than he has been in years.

1] The injuries on the offensive line completely screwed up our timing because Fitz could no longer count on the 2-3 seconds he almost always got in the first third of the season. We withstood the first two injuries, when Rinehart and Hairston came in and played admirably. When the third and fourth injuries hit we were noticeably weaker and the line collapsed, despite the sack numbers.

Which to me was the biggest failure last year. You can see the offense hit a wall as soon as Hairston got hurt. Bills have to bring in at least two more legit OTs into camp this year.

1332103270[/url]' post='2413562']

2] The injuries to the WR. First to Donald Jones which forced DNelson to play #2 which he is not suited for. Jones wasnt very good but he was a threat and he blocked well. Then the injury to Roscoe who caused all kinds of problems for the D. This forced a switch of Brad Smith and CJ to WR which disrupted the entire offensive scheme. Fitz and the offense were very good and sometimes unstoppable when he could line up 3-4 WR (of Stevie, Roscoe, Nelson and Jones) along with a healthy threat of Chandler (who was the main beneficiary). Along with Freddy, and Brad Smith and CJ making cameos, defenses could not stop everyone and Fitz was great at knowing before the snap where he was going to go. When the line and the WR started to crumble, he no longer had those options and defenses started closing in on us because they knew we not only couldn't give him the time, but we couldn't get open.

3] Fitz's injury hurt him noticeably. I think he could have gotten away with it much better if it weren't for the above two reasons. He was tough as hell but he was getting beat badly, especially as soon as he passed, which greatly effected his accuracy and play. I don't think people give Fitz nearly enough credit for the season he played, when he was great and even when he sucked. He got thoroughly abused, and better QBs overall in the league would have been worse than him if they played on the Bills.

I very much agree with all you've posted, as usual. The injuries really hurt the offense. There really wasn't a unit on the offensive side that didn't escape the injury bug. Hard to keep the production up when week in and week out, your offense is looking like a MASH unit.

1332118847[/url]' post='2413761']

Fitz had cracked ribs after the WAS game. David Nelson let it slip and Fitz and Chan confirmed.

PTR

That's what I keep seeing in regards to Fitz. I just don't know of any documented (news article) that has confirmed it. Just curious if there was something.