Met Geoff Hangartner tonight

I really think letting him walk after the 2010 season was a mistake, but "it is what it is".

I wish him well in Carolina..

He did have a fairly high contract for a backup, If we had Urbick slide to center earlier instead of Levitre it wouldn't have been so ugly. Still not understanding why we aren't interested in a backup center.

He did have a fairly high contract for a backup, If we had Urbick slide to center earlier instead of Levitre it wouldn't have been so ugly. Still not understanding why we aren't interested in a backup center.

Exactly my thoughts. Rinehardt was just fine for a primary interior back-up as long as they had the guys in the right places, which they didn't in the Miami game. That's more on the coaches during the season than the front office cutting Hantgartner.

Exactly my thoughts. Rinehardt was just fine for a primary interior back-up as long as they had the guys in the right places, which they didn't in the Miami game. That's more on the coaches during the season than the front office cutting Hantgartner.

That is a good example of teams rebuilding versus teams retooling. The Bills were rebuilding. Buddy and Chan like and want big interior linemen, and pretty much everyone they signed has proven that. Hangartner is smallish, so he didnt fit into the long term plans. If the Bills thought they were definitely a playoff contender last year, chances are they would have kept a guy like Hangartner as a reliable versatile back-up, even if he didn't fit the bill as a big guy.

Hangartner was always getting bullrushed. They had to let him go.

He was a godsend compared to the nightmare our center was before. A step up to average (Hang) was dramatic progress. He had his flaws for sure, but I agree with KTD that we likely would have kept him if we were just retooling.

I wish him well.

bada ching

winnnig more games is bad? Pick 16 we would've went 8-8, this board would have been a much more pleasant place after 8-8

exactly.

people say "id rather lose as many games as possible to secure a high draft pick."

but unless youre picking top 2-3, it really doesn't make things that much easier to be picking 10th instead of 20th.

long story short - id rather go 7-9 than 6-10.

I like Colin Brown a lot, dude is giant and a steam roller in the making. Wood is very good and we have quality depth in the wings for a lower price. It was a shame we had to find our center the hard way last year but it turned out okay. I always liked Hang but at times he lacks. That and the contract, you don't waste a lot on interior guys (especially the back up ones).

Edited by bowery4