Why Stephen Hill WILL be the pick at number 10.

mob16151

I think if we operate under the assumption that there is some grand scheme that Buddy is operating from then it would likely follow this scenario. First, we targeted a pass rusher and a second receiver initially in free agency. Second, we allow our oft-injured starting left tackle to walk without any offer. Keeping in mind that we did resign McGee. I think it follows that Buddy does not feel there is a pass-rusher or receiver worthy of the 10th overall pick. When you consider that he apparently is not prone to moving off the pick. I think logic dictates that he will select Reiff or Martin (in that order). The only x-factor would be if Claiborne somehow falls. I think it is also mildly interesting to have Eric Winston floating around, perhaps pick Mario's brain. That may shake up the plan a bit if Buddy feels he is of more value then any of the pool of available free agent receivers.

Yea :thumbsup:

Right now Buddy Nix is talking up the current WR's already on the team, perhaps he wants to see if Easly ever becomes a viable target for Fitz. Anyway, all that talk could be because all the FA money is used up on super Mario.

I like Stephen Hill and have posted about him in other threads, his combine stats AND performance made everyone at the combine sit up and take notice.

As for the OP reference to Calvin Johnson its not the first time I've heard it, I posted this statement weeks ago. Plus I posted this video before. Mayock states he is a late first round pick, and has great feet and hands L&G, Hill WILL be a 1st round pick, bank on it!

http://www.nfl.com/v...-Calvin-Johnson

http://www.nfl.com/v...th-Stephen-Hill

PS in regards to BB, Ryan Tannehill is also moving up the mock draft charts also because there is no other viable QB option in the draft now that RG3 and Luck are spoken for. He could be an option for the the Bills at the #10 spot, "IF" the Browns or Dolphins don't take him. Somehow I think they go OT simply because they know Fitz can run Gailey's fast timed, quick throw offense. Tannehill might actually need 3-5 seconds to throw :P

Edited by Fear the Beard

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is from GT and was in an option based system that didn't pass much and didn't have a great QB. That being said. After hearing about his stellar combine performance, a few weeks later I decided to look for some video on the guy. What I found was quite surprising. Does anyone know anything about this kid besides him blowing up the combine? His measureables are awesome and in the highlights I'm seeing the guy looks like he could be something special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kQWb4NXvJc&feature=fvwrel

This guy is from GT and was in an option based system that didn't pass much and didn't have a great QB. That being said. After hearing about his stellar combine performance, a few weeks later I decided to look for some video on the guy. What I found was quite surprising. Does anyone know anything about this kid besides him blowing up the combine? His measureables are awesome and in the highlights I'm seeing the guy looks like he could be something special.

youtube.com/watch?v=1kQWb4NXvJc&feature=fvwrel

Just read about him today. Looks like he is going to make it to the 1st rd and may shake up the order.

He has everything we need IMO, but if we select him we will be accused of reaching.

As I said in another thread, Buddy Nix was front and center at Stephen Hill's pro day and Chan has obvious connections to GT that gives them an almost lock solid evaluation on this guy.

The people talking up Floyd might as while forget him ever being picked by the Bills. Hill has no character concerns that I've heard about. He seems like the player Lee Evans would be if he were 6'4".

WR is clearly the Bills #1 need and if Buddy feels that Hill is a top 10 talent then he will no doubt be the pick at #10 baring someone huge dropping like Claiborne.

As I said in another thread, Buddy Nix was front and center at Stephen Hill's pro day and Chan has obvious connections to GT that gives them an almost lock solid evaluation on this guy.

The people talking up Floyd might as while forget him ever being picked by the Bills. Hill has no character concerns that I've heard about. He seems like the player Lee Evans would be if he were 6'4".

WR is clearly the Bills #1 need and if Buddy feels that Hill is a top 10 talent then he will no doubt be the pick at #10 baring someone huge dropping like Claiborne.

Not enough resume to be a top 10 pick. I would be shocked even more than when the Bills took Whitner. It would be a similar reach really.

We get him via the draft, or a free agent contract in about 4 years.

This guy doesn't have a huge body of work but his highlights are sick. You can't teach that stuff. Many say his measureables will put him in the first round. #10 is too high..#42 is too low.

REALLY? That is great to hear! I'm glad that he is on our radar. We would get blasted for reaching. Although he is a gamble this kid looks special. I'm so interested I even want to consider trade down scenarios now...LOL.

Hill will be a mid to late first round pick. If we trade down then he could be in the plans. The Bills also have a record of trading up into the late first round , so that is a possibility as well. My understanding is the year Tebow came out, we were trying to trade up to get another Georgia Tech WR. That trade never materialized since Demaryius Thomas was picked by Denver.

Man this is a tough one..

I reaally hate his production and the system he was in at GT.

I reaally love his measurables and his ability to get up and make spectacular catches.

With some of those 1 handed grabs I almost couldnt tell if it was Hill or Calvin Johnson in that GT uniform. I dont know much about it because I dont remember him standing out in any of the GT games I've watched in the past year.. but that highlight video is impressive to say the least. I would love him on the Bills.. but I dont think I would be willing to take a risk on him with the #10 pick.

His highlights look great, but he also had some bad drops. Now that could be attributed to not being used much due to the offense GT ran. But not sure you really want to make that assumption at pick 10 IMHO.

That is the problem. We would get roasted for potentially making a "Raiders" pick if we took this guy at 10 but I want him on our team and he won't be there in the 2nd. In some combine footage they compare Hill to Demarius Thomas of the Broncos and Calvin Johnson. I just think this guy is a talent but don't know how we get him unless we "reach" at #10.

Calling a pick a reach only has relevance to the draft. Once they are on the team their play should be judged on it's own merit. If a guy turns out to be just an above average role player he is blasted because he was picked too high like Whitner. If he Turns out to be a JPP you look like a genius.

Kendall Wright fits what we do more than any WR in the draft

Too small and too slow.

Edited by PDaDdy

I'd take Floyd and Wright over him....

He looks significantly slower on tape than his combine 40 time would suggest. I suppose the tape on this guy is probably misleading, however, as he was constantly having to slow down for under thrown balls. His body also looks a like it could use a little work, that is...he does not have that solid build that Floyd and Blackmon have. He might have some trouble getting of the line of scrimmage versus more physical NFL DB's.

That said...I wouldn't touch him in the first round, and I could think of 4-5 receivers I would rate over Stephen Hill.

He looks significantly slower on tape than his combine 40 time would suggest. I suppose the tape on this guy is probably misleading, however, as he was constantly having to slow down for under thrown balls. His body also looks a like it could use a little work, that is...he does not have that solid build that Floyd and Blackmon have. He might have some trouble getting of the line of scrimmage versus more physical NFL DB's.

That said...I wouldn't touch him in the first round, and I could think of 4-5 receivers I would rate over Stephen Hill.

Can these 4-5 guys beat physical NFL DBs? He's built like Randy Moss. 6'4", 215lbs, 4.36(40), 39.5" (vertical), 11'1" (broad jump). Can any of these 4-5 guys go up and get balls high in the air? Can they do it with one hand? I don't think this guy can be dismissed and has the "potential" to end up being the best NFL WR in this years bunch regardless of draft ranking.

Edited by PDaDdy

Can these 4-5 guys beat physical NFL DBs? He's built like Randy Moss. 6'4", 215lbs, 4.36(40), 39.5" (vertical), 11'1" (broad jump). Can any of these 4-5 guys go up and get balls high in the air? Can they do it with one hand? I don't think this guy can be dismissed and has the "potential" to end up being the best NFL WR in this years bunch regardless of draft ranking.

We have a lot of WR's with potential....need one that can actually come in and make an impact from day 1. I would rate Blackmon, Floyd, Kendall Wright, Alshon Jeffery, and possibly Sanu higher than Hill (in terms of their ability to make an impact right away). I wouldn't touch any WR's besides Blackmon or Floyd at #10. In a trade down scenario, I would value Wright of Hill in the late-first.