Why Stephen Hill WILL be the pick at number 10.

mob16151

First of all woohoo Williams is a Bill. And now that's out of the way back to some draft coverage. I've been giving the draft some pretty deep thought today, and I've come to a conclusion. The Bills will draft Stephen Hill at number 10. But wait mob16151 thats a huge reach. Well I'll lay out my thinking. (And a 5 round mock.)

Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech. 6 foot 4 220 pounds. 4.36 40 yard dash time. Remember Buddy Nix talking about what the Bills were looking for in a Wide Reciever? We want a guy that's open even when he ain't. Hill meets that criteria, and intriguingly his measurables are almost identical to Calvin Johnsons, and better than Demaryius Thomas. He also showed an ability to run the whole route tree, and great hands at the combine. Hill is the ultimate homerun pick in this draft, and I fully expect him to be a Bill, when Buffalo is on the clock with the tenth pick in the draft. Giving us a wide reciever depth chart of

1.Johnson

2.Hill

3.Nelson

4.Jones

5.Easely

Now with the rest of this mock.

RD 2. Josh Norman Coastal Carolina. He meets the criteria this regime seems to look for in corners,and as a plus he's a plug and play corner. Likely succesor to Drayton Florence.

RD 3. Andrew Datko OT Florida State. He's a good looking tackle prospect, that has struggled some with injuries in college. He needs to also get better against, power rushers. Basically needs to add strength but the size and skillset is there to make him an above average LT in 2 or 3 seasons.

RD 4. Chandler Jones DE Syracuse. Not a sudden or explosive pass rusher, but he sets the edge well, and can probably play from day 1 as a situational guy.

RD 4. Keenan Robinson OLB Texas. Doesn't do a good job shedding blocks, but with the Bills new d line, that shouldn't be a huge issue. Has outstanding range.

RD 5. Aaron Corp QB Richmond. Doesn't have the biggest arm, but he has a nice frame, throws a catchable ball,and seems smart. Could eventually supplant Fitz 2 or 3 seasons down the road.

RD 5. Philip Blake C Baylor. Big bodied lineman best suited to a power blocking scheme. Provides quality depth behind Wood, and could be a starter down the road. (Side note : I really wanted to mock a guard named Looney to the Bills because of his last name. I didn't though lol)

I didn't mock any TE's to the Bills because I believe there willing to go into next season with Chandler,Smith, and Onubum.

So there you have it, let me know what you think.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go smoke 10,000 dollars worth of crack, come back, and still not be able to post a sillier pick at #10. This guy is a 4th round talent as a football player. Damn.....just damn.

And what makes him a 4th rounder? Besides the massive amounts of crack you smoke?

Edited by mob16151

He is afraid to get hit, big time.

Crack jokes aside, I see almost 100% SEC games her in Tenn, and trust me, this guy is a taller and bigger Bucky Brooks, a guy who got drafted in the 2nd round by our Bills because of combine numbers. Hopefully no team repeats this mistake.

Crack jokes aside, I see almost 100% SEC games her in Tenn, and trust me, this guy is a taller and bigger Bucky Brooks, a guy who got drafted in the 2nd round by our Bills because of combine numbers. Hopefully no team repeats this mistake.

Tech is an ACC team, and living in NC I see tons of ACC games.

gross. if you're taking a WR that early, it better be someone with game - like Blackman, Floyd, or Jeffrey.

I can totally see Hill going in the 1st but 10 seems high...i wouldn't mind if we trade down and take him (no Jeffrey please, guy doesn't play with effort and not a good route runner). I believe we take OT 1st rd though

mpression: Has a unique skill set, can pluck off his frame, track the football and is the next big time talent from the Georgia Tech program. Is going to need some time to develop, but can come in and track football vertically early on. Has a lot of upside to his game and skill set says he's an NFL starter.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=39993

That leaves the question: what would Hill look like in a downfield passing offense with a strong armed QB? For the answer to that question, we have pre-Draft workouts and speculation. Needless to say, Hill could have shocking upside, even Randy Moss upside. That Olympic caliber long jump in high school shows up on tape. Hill can really go get it on deep passes, and has elite top speed.

There are plenty of examples, Matt Jones being perhaps the worst, of receivers being taken in the first round who were greater "projections" than Stephen Hill. Grading Hill from his Georgia Tech data is difficult. Denying his upside is negligent. Hill has first-round upside. Expect Hill to be in high demand for private workouts.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1665228/stephen-hill

He's Calvin Johnson? Yep!

Reading comprehension fail? His measurables compare FAVORABLY to Calvin Johnsons. Good lord to people on line know what words all together in a row mean? It's called a sentence. There used to say things. Good lord.

1331873389[/url]' post='2410625']

mpression: Has a unique skill set, can pluck off his frame, track the football and is the next big time talent from the Georgia Tech program. Is going to need some time to develop, but can come in and track football vertically early on. Has a lot of upside to his game and skill set says he's an NFL starter.

http://www.nationalf...ml&player=39993

That leaves the question: what would Hill look like in a downfield passing offense with a strong armed QB? For the answer to that question, we have pre-Draft workouts and speculation. Needless to say, Hill could have shocking upside, even Randy Moss upside. That Olympic caliber long jump in high school shows up on tape. Hill can really go get it on deep passes, and has elite top speed.

There are plenty of examples, Matt Jones being perhaps the worst, of receivers being taken in the first round who were greater "projections" than Stephen Hill. Grading Hill from his Georgia Tech data is difficult. Denying his upside is negligent. Hill has first-round upside. Expect Hill to be in high demand for private workouts.

http://www.cbssports...28/stephen-hill

We don't have a downfield passing offense with a strong armed qb. I like his talent and would be happy if he were our 2nd rd pick. I'd be upset if he's the pick at 10, especially if Floyd is still on the board. Floyd is a much more polished WR.

Reading comprehension fail? His measurables compare FAVORABLY to Calvin Johnsons. Good lord to people on line know what words all together in a row mean? It's called a sentence. There used to say things. Good lord.

What are errors in syntax and homophones, Alex?

If you're going to get on your reading comprehension soapbox you may want to go ahead and nail down the basics of composition. That being said I like Hill more than Jeffry but he's not even in the same league as Michael Floyd.

What are errors in syntax and homophones, Alex?

If you're going to get on your reading comprehension soapbox you may want to go ahead and nail down the basics of composition. That being said I like Hill more than Jeffry but he's not even in the same league as Michael Floyd.

Lets work on sentences, before we get into the advanced stuff.

I havent seen him play much but everything i have read about him says he is a great blocker. It seems hard to believe that such a great blocker for a WR is afraid to get hit.

First of all woohoo Williams is a Bill. And now that's out of the way back to some draft coverage. I've been giving the draft some pretty deep thought today, and I've come to a conclusion. The Bills will draft Stephen Hill at number 10. But wait mob16151 thats a huge reach. Well I'll lay out my thinking. (And a 5 round mock.)

Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech. 6 foot 4 220 pounds. 4.36 40 yard dash time. Remember Buddy Nix talking about what the Bills were looking for in a Wide Reciever? We want a guy that's open even when he ain't. Hill meets that criteria, and intriguingly his measurables are almost identical to Calvin Johnsons, and better than Demaryius Thomas. He also showed an ability to run the whole route tree, and great hands at the combine. Hill is the ultimate homerun pick in this draft, and I fully expect him to be a Bill, when Buffalo is on the clock with the tenth pick in the draft. Giving us a wide reciever depth chart of

1.Johnson

2.Hill

3.Nelson

4.Jones

5.Easely

Now with the rest of this mock.

RD 2. Josh Norman Coastal Carolina. He meets the criteria this regime seems to look for in corners,and as a plus he's a plug and play corner. Likely succesor to Drayton Florence.

RD 3. Andrew Datko OT Florida State. He's a good looking tackle prospect, that has struggled some with injuries in college. He needs to also get better against, power rushers. Basically needs to add strength but the size and skillset is there to make him an above average LT in 2 or 3 seasons.

RD 4. Chandler Jones DE Syracuse. Not a sudden or explosive pass rusher, but he sets the edge well, and can probably play from day 1 as a situational guy.

RD 4. Keenan Robinson OLB Texas. Doesn't do a good job shedding blocks, but with the Bills new d line, that shouldn't be a huge issue. Has outstanding range.

RD 5. Aaron Corp QB Richmond. Doesn't have the biggest arm, but he has a nice frame, throws a catchable ball,and seems smart. Could eventually supplant Fitz 2 or 3 seasons down the road.

RD 5. Philip Blake C Baylor. Big bodied lineman best suited to a power blocking scheme. Provides quality depth behind Wood, and could be a starter down the road. (Side note : I really wanted to mock a guard named Looney to the Bills because of his last name. I didn't though lol)

I didn't mock any TE's to the Bills because I believe there willing to go into next season with Chandler,Smith, and Onubum.

So there you have it, let me know what you think.

pretty good picks, if Hill can match his potential he's the pick but you are going to be surprised when Tannehill is the pick :P

we don'r need to draft any interior OL, why pick a small arm small school QB, if we pick one it should be someone who can really take over Fitz, I'd take Tank Carter over robinson and Datko has really fallen down the draft board so we could get him 6-7th rnd.

pretty good picks, if Hill can match his potential he's the pick but you are going to be surprised when Tannehill is the pick :P

we don'r need to draft any interior OL, why pick a small arm small school QB, if we pick one it should be someone who can really take over Fitz, I'd take Tank Carter over robinson and Datko has really fallen down the draft board so we could get him 6-7th rnd.

With woods injury history, I at the very least want a guy who can back him up, so were not scrambling for a center, or moving starters around.

With woods injury history, I at the very least want a guy who can back him up, so were not scrambling for a center, or moving starters around.

To be honest Colin Brown is a great back up, totally impressed with him at the end of last year. I in fact would like to see him fill both that and the swing tackle role (just because of size and reach, he has some wings not so sure of the footwork and speed but he needs a spot on our roster IMO...).