Is this the year to go after a R.F.A?

With Mike Wallace and Webb set to be 1st round RFA I wouldn't mind the bills using there 1st round and signing either of them. I know we have the 10th overall pick but I honestly hate this draft and especially where we select. Wallace would be a true flanker to Stevies Z and it would also allow us to make a big run at Mario Williams while getting a better receiver then we could in the draft (90% chance). Wallace is 25, webb is 27. Webb was graded out as the 4th best corner in the nfl last year and getting him would bring instant credibility to or CB corps and along with williams could cross that off our needs list. I know that everyone thinks I'm crazy but besides a L.T not being picked by us in the 1st round. I wouldn't be opposed to it let me know your thoughts.

i would still rather use the draft pick at 10 to select a player that, in theory, really fits into what the staff is trying to accomplish. or have the possibility of a trade down and get some additional players. if it were a game changing de or lb, that's a different circumstance, but i am just not interested in losing this pick for a wr or corner. even if we choose to draft a wr or cb with this pick, i'm just looking forward to the excitement of the draft!

i would still rather use the draft pick at 10 to select a player that, in theory, really fits into what the staff is trying to accomplish. or have the possibility of a trade down and get some additional players. if it were a game changing de or lb, that's a different circumstance, but i am just not interested in losing this pick for a wr or corner. even if we choose to draft a wr or cb with this pick, i'm just looking forward to the excitement of the draft!

Do you not think a WR or CB fits into what this staff is trying to accomplish? Are these not areas where the Bills are in need of a talent infusion? Not trying to argue, just curious as to your thought process.

Do you not think a WR or CB fits into what this staff is trying to accomplish? Are these not areas where the Bills are in need of a talent infusion? Not trying to argue, just curious as to your thought process.

One might argue a DE makes our corners look good but id think a WR is very much on the wish list

One might argue a DE makes our corners look good but id think a WR is very much on the wish list

I absolutely agree.

A DE (or any semblance of a legit pass rush in general) will do wonders for the DBs. But I think they need to address CB in the draft with at least one pick if not two. WR is definitely an area of need as well ... I don't care if they address these spots in FA or the draft so long as they're addressed.

I absolutely agree.

A DE (or any semblance of a legit pass rush in general) will do wonders for the DBs. But I think they need to address CB in the draft with at least one pick if not two. WR is definitely an area of need as well ... I don't care if they address these spots in FA or the draft so long as they're addressed.

As long as they address CB in the first round. Because the most entertaining part of football season is the annual Bill in NYC "They picked a CB in the first round!" meltdown.

Minus the bolded, I agree with you 100%.

Drafting a first round corner would be the absolutely dumbest thing this team can do. I point to the Jets as an example of the pitfalls of doing so. They gave Revis how much? I'm too lazy to look it up, but I will guess that he makes 15 million or so per year. This is WAY too much of a drain on their salary cap. Hey, they actually re-negotiated the contract of Sanchez, who imo is sub-par. Certainly, the Revis contract entered into this equation.

The Bills have but one credible LB on the roster, and he is on the wrong side of 30. They will more than likely need a LT, whereas Bell is all but gone, or so I think. There are plenty of WRs who are UFAs that can help this team. They need to steer clear of the idiotic 1st round picks of the past.

PS: Dick Drawn explains this better than me. Corners cover 1 WR, and now there are formations with 5 receivers. The rule changes have made this a different game. QB, pass rush, and pass protection are the way to go.

As long as they address CB in the first round. Because the most entertaining part of football season is the annual Bill in NYC "They picked a CB in the first round!" meltdown.

Don't be cruel! ;)

yes, they are areas which could be upgraded, but i would just prefer to see buddy and his staff pick the player that they feel has the most to offer this team. i love the draft even though i am an extremely casual college football fan (and that's being generous)that first pick could be something special. yes it could be a bust waiting to happen. but i guess it's the known versus the unknown. and again, if you were talking a young stud front 7 player, i say go for it. just my thoughts.

I would usually HATE giving up a 1st for FA, but if there is a year to do it, this would be one of the better years considering Wallace (I'd never do it for a cb) is exactly what this team needs. The other downfall the contract. You'd be paying the slot of the 1st rd pick (id assume it's around 2-3 milk per) over 10 mill per. If Wallace is gonna leave pitts to come to buffalo, we're gonna have to anti up

Bills need to do something to add a few peeps in the seats. Season tickets are suffering and the product justifies it. I think the Bills do something this year in FA to get some excitement flowing.