Byrd, LLevitre, Fredex

zazie

If we extend everyone contract now there will be no money to get anyone in free agents. They told fred that they would get him taken care of so they should try. As for the other guys wait till the middle of next year and then make the deals.

If we extend everyone contract now there will be no money to get anyone in free agents. They told fred that they would get him taken care of so they should try. As for the other guys wait till the middle of next year and then make the deals.

This. No need to rush into these other guys, except Fred. The other guys can wait until next time around.

This. No need to rush into these other guys, except Fred. The other guys can wait until next time around.

of course you realize that each game that goes by injury free for these guys makes it more difficult and expensive to sign them? Waiting is a recipe for disaster.

of course you realize that each game that goes by injury free for these guys makes it more difficult and expensive to sign them? Waiting is a recipe for disaster.

Exactly get all 3 done before training camp. Byrd (My favorite Bill) right now is our best player on Defense and Levitre are most versatile OL...They need to be extended ASAP

I am very happy with our off season moves thus far. Resigning certain players for depth seemed a high priority i.e. Morrison, Martin. Happy to see the resigning of Stevie and Chandler. I feel Chandler has found his home and with Pete M??????????zzzzzz as a coordinator I assume a huge season is in the wait for him. I agree that resigning Jackson even for an additional year or at least a fatter paygrade would be a message to the locker room that their is a new attitude in Buffalo, you produce-we reward. Also, hopefully it will help a FA game changer to come here.... ahh maybe not...... I can actually see the direction we are going finally. Have a good feeling about next year. Especially when the Steelers are cleaning house, Colts are in disarray, the Jets are on the decline, Miami is rebuilding. We seem to have a solid foundation now and a direction. Kind of feels like we are on the up and up for next year. Go Buffalo!

Andy Levitre - 4yr/$14.25 million (Locked up for the next 4 years.)

Fred Jackson - 3yr/$15.75 mil. ($5.5 million signing bonus)

Jarius Byrd - 5yr/$28 mil.

(id sign Byrd early into next season)

Levitre will take significantly more to sign i think.....

I don't think so. It is just 2 players, and it can't be that hard to do it later. I think signing Stevie and chandler was a tougher job than extending byrd and levitre will be.

1) Levitre: No interior line = no offense, period. Keeping him and Wood locked into that line for a long time must be a major priority.

2) Byrd

3) Jackson

2 and 3 are largely based on their respective ages.

Just Levitre and Byrd IMO; love me some Freddie J but he's on the downslope of his career, and giving him a new contract at this point would not benefit the Franchise in the long-run....but Levitre and Byrd need a deal done, but I for one trust Nix to get it done in due time whenever that might be, b/c whatever the debate on this board about Nix getting good FA, one thing he's prove thus far is that he's willing to pay their own

I don't think I'll miss LeVitre or Byrd terribly. Fred, on the other hand.... :unsure:

Jackson has said very publicly that Nix promised him a new contract during this off season. If that should fail to happen I think the resentment would be very high and not just from Freddie but from others on the team, and likely a few fans as well.

Ya but i think the numbers that Fred is thinking about & the numbers that Buddy may be thinking about might be at total opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to resigning him ..

If Fred was 25 he would be getting the top money that the league would offer but seeing as he is going to be 30 he may be a tad late asking for the HUGE contract !! :blush:

I do think Buddy is a man of his word but it will be interesting to see just how the entire thing goes down !!