The Education of Stevie Johnson

Stevie's becoming a star right before our eyes...I've seen him on national tv like three times today (he's on NFL Network right now)...I'm really glad he's back...he's a good egg.

after listening to stevie, kirk morrison and scott chandler talking to the boys on wgr, i was really happy that they were re-signed. the energy that came across from these guys was fantastic. i really got the sense that they want to play here, in buffalo, and be a part of something good. they buy into what the coach is teaching and really seem to appreciate the fans and community.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8277fe41/article/bills-wideout-johnson-likes-to-mix-his-biz-with-fun?module=HP11_content_stream

We ask if the days of using his stomach as a billboard are over.

"This offseason I had surgery," he joked. "I ended up inserting this electric-rod thing inside me, and every time I pick up a permanent marker in the locker room, I get electrocuted."

I liked his "acceptance speech" during the signing press conference.

In all seriousness though, at the end when he told his mom to -look at your son now, look at your son now- that was touching.

Yep, that speech with Buddy pushed me over.

He's still a kid but he's a darn good kid who might be growing into a very good man.

Now he needs to be healthy and score. lots.