Dating An Older Woman

You're playing it right, man...nice job :thumbsup:

Playing it right???????

Dude. You should make a web show about ineptitude around women. You can interview yourself as the world's leading authority.

For those of you asking for an update....We had set up a time to meet for dinner two Sunday's ago. She cancelled the day before saying that her son was in NYC all weekend and he was coming back that Sunday night and she wanted to spend some time with him. I responded by saying "no problems. I'm going to Mexico in a couple of days. If you want to hang out when I get back, get in touch with me". She said that she would get in touch with me upon my arrival and asked me to send her some pics of Mexico, etc.

So I was in Mexico for a week and got back last Tuesday. I didn't reach out to her at all while I was away and didn't get back in touch with her when I got back.

Then on Saturday, after not having corresponded in almost two weeks, she sent me a text message this past Saturday saying "Hey....Thinking of you. Let me know how your trip to Mexico was. I'd love to see you again".

So it's been a long, drawn out process, which I appreciate. Whether or not it will flourish into a full fledged, I don't know what you would call it....relationship....has yet to be determined. If anything happens, TBD will be the first to know.

Let's break this down step by step:

Step 1: It was not her son coming in from NYC. It was her Aunt Flo coming in from the Netherlands.

Step 2: Your trip to Mexico made her wonder what you were doing and worked her into a frenzy. FRENZY! She is rich so she probably assumed you would be there for at least two weeks.

Step 3: Since it was roughly two weeks since her visit from Aunt Flo when she wanted to see you again......BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!!!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing it right???????

Dude. You should make a web show about ineptitude around women. You can interview yourself as the world's leading authority.

Haven't you ever heard the expression that "those who can't play, coach"?

In your case you are coaching poorly.

Nah. He doesn't need to be fawning all over this chick. He needs to keep it cool and not come off like he's waiting around for the next time they get together. I think he's doing just fine.

Nah. He doesn't need to be fawning all over this chick. He needs to keep it cool and not come off like he's waiting around for the next time they get together. I think he's doing just fine.

Dude. There is a difference between fawning all over and striking while the iron is hot. Some irons get cold real fast.

Dude. There is a difference between fawning all over and striking while the iron is hot. Some irons get cold real fast.

I support my cougar-huntin' brother in whatever way he wants to pursue this chick.

For those of you asking for an update....We had set up a time to meet for dinner two Sunday's ago. She cancelled the day before saying that her son was in NYC all weekend and he was coming back that Sunday night and she wanted to spend some time with him. I responded by saying "no problems. I'm going to Mexico in a couple of days....

And here I thought this post was going in the direction of "so spur of the moment she dropped everything to fly down to Mexico to meet me..." :rolleyes:

Edited by LabattBlue

Usually the iron ends up in a different fire if the first one takes too long to get burning.

:thumbsup: Darn Right! We ain't gonna wait forever!

She's the one who bailed on him recently, though. I just gave him kudos for playing it cool as a result and not beign a clingy cougar hunter. And look what happened as a result...she contacts HIM, saying she's thinking about his doggie style. Now he can hit it.

And here I thought this post was going in the direction of "so spur of the moment she dropped everything to fly down to Mexico to meet me...

... yes, with a friend, who happens to be an attractive fashion model, who recently graced the cover of Sports Illustrated (no names, please). and then ...

jw

figured by the time OP gets to second base, we can all make up a story, with marriage, kids and death before nightfall, eh?

Edited by john wawrow

She's the one who bailed on him recently, though. I just gave him kudos for playing it cool as a result and not beign a clingy cougar hunter. And look what happened as a result...she contacts HIM, saying she's thinking about his doggie style. Now he can hit it.

I wasn't talking about his situation. Just in general. He did the right thing just as long as he bought her a gift from he travels to Mexico. ;)