Colts looking to trade Freeney

Hatszel

Serious. With both the HC Greg Pagano and Greg Manusky running 34 systems it would seem that they will switch over so they'll need some big boys up front and Dwan is a good 34 End and he was drafted by Baltimore in the second, so it seems plausible.

Freeney is a perennial pro-bowl player and a first ballot Hall of Famer. Dwan Edwards is a solid NFL player but nowhere near an even trade for Freeney. I would expect that Indy will be looking for draft picks, not aging roster players.

wouldn't mind signing Abraham if we cannot get Williams, Freeney or Wimbley

Dwan Edwards was a cornerstone of one of the worst defenses in Bills history. He is little more than a warm body. 10 plus mil for a situational pass rusher seems like a lot. I don't see Buddy chasing any guys on the wrong side of 30. Not this year...and not when they need far more than just him.

Stick with the plan. Don't get distracted by the candy in the checkout aisle.

Dwan Edwards was a cornerstone of one of the worst defenses in Bills history. He is little more than a warm body. 10 plus mil for a situational pass rusher seems like a lot. I don't see Buddy chasing any guys on the wrong side of 30. Not this year...and not when they need far more than just him.

Stick with the plan. Don't get distracted by the candy in the checkout aisle.

MMMMMMMM, Candy!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Candy

:P

I have been calling out his name for about a month now.

I bet you could get him for half Mario or Freeney.

Situational pass rusher guy. Still has 2-3 years left. He is in great shape.

What about 3 yr $20 mil for ole Honest Abe? Any takers? Big signing bonus and first year salary.

only problem is hes very situational (took like 50% of snaps) and i dont know that our defense without him on the field could get into those situations (2nd and 3rd and long, or playing with a consistent wide lead) he would certainly help on those days when we get up 2-3 scores and let the other team right back in.... but rather than pay for him AND someone to take up those other snaps, id rather get an every down player like mario - if we are going big money.

any trade for Freeney would be conditional and would be for next year (2013).

Give them a 5th rounder in 2013 that can be as high as a 2 or 3 of he re-signs and meets certain criteria

Seems like a no brainer to me assuming Indy would take this. If they want more than this, tell them to stuff it and wait for Freeney to be released so we can sign him

only problem is hes very situational (took like 50% of snaps) and i dont know that our defense without him on the field could get into those situations (2nd and 3rd and long, or playing with a consistent wide lead) he would certainly help on those days when we get up 2-3 scores and let the other team right back in.... but rather than pay for him AND someone to take up those other snaps, id rather get an every down player like mario - if we are going big money.

Are we not already paying Kelsay? If they cut Edwards, is there not a void. This may also mean they could cut ties with Meriman(not sure timing of his contract kicking in, but if could pull of Abraham's signing, then to me Meriman goes).

Not trying to arguee, but Kelsay is better at stuffing the run and playing contain then a pass rusher.

Draft a young guy in 2nd round to bring along this year. Next year you have a very good rotation.

Cut Abrams after 2years if the plan goes right.

I know it wont happen, and do value your opinion NoSaint.

But if Bills are serious about this being the year, and i think they are. Gailey knows he has to get into the playoffs.

Serious. With both the HC Greg Pagano and Greg Manusky running 34 systems it would seem that they will switch over so they'll need some big boys up front and Dwan is a good 34 End and he was drafted by Baltimore in the second, so it seems plausible.

BB - 2 linebackers in the first 3 rounds? Does the Morrison signing change your mind at all?

Dwan isn't a bad player. Since he was drafted in the 2nd he does have a cadaver disc implanted in his back which does affect perception of his value. That and the number of games he's missed due to injury.

Personally, if I am Buddy Nix I would seriously consider this if we go in with an understanding of what we're getting. Freeney has played for the Colts his entire career, and we're looking to grab him in his last year. I don't think that we are going to keep him for very long if we get him. Now, if we want to use his time to develop newly drafted DE's or try to try to get a preexisting player to take the spot I would be for it. But really, who do we have now? We have Kelsey and Merriman as DE's but I'm not going to say that either of them are going to put the fear of God into anyone.

We get him now, and consider it a one year boost like taking TO or let him know flat out that we would have to take a sizable pay cut.