Cortland Finnegan

Tennessee said they will not offer him a contract.

He was a seventh round pick in 2006.

He and his agent are reportedly looking for a deal similar to the one Jonathan Joseph got from the Texans last year.

5 years $48.5Mil.

Finnegan did play ever snap last year for Tenn.

Finnegans 2011 stats-

Tot

75Solo

58Ast

17FF

0Sack

1.0Int

With Buddy saying they are going to be aggresive in FA and that they want to add 2-3 DB's, think Finnegan is possibility?

Who would you like as a FA DB?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

He looks to be asking for way too much $$$. I dont think we will be signing a FA CB. I think they r looking at the draft. I hate to say it but it may be our pick @ 10, depending what players are still on board and the bills not trading our pick away!

If we're going to break the bank for a top-tier FA cornerback, I would much rather spend 8-9 million per year on a guy like Ladarius Webb or Brandon Carr. I don't suspect this to happen, however, so Richard Marshall (Cards) or William Middleton (Jags) might be more cost-effective options. Both are young (26 and 27 respectively) and have shown the ability to be solid corners in this league. Of the two, I would prefer William Middleton who showed that he can handle his own against good receivers, is physical, and played well down the stretch for the Jags.

Tennessee said they will not offer him a contract.

He was a seventh round pick in 2006.

He and his agent are reportedly looking for a deal similar to the one Jonathan Joseph got from the Texans last year.

5 years $48.5Mil.

Finnegan did play ever snap last year for Tenn.

Finnegans 2011 stats-

Tot

75Solo

58Ast

17FF

0Sack

1.0Int

With Buddy saying they are going to be aggresive in FA and that they want to add 2-3 DB's, think Finnegan is possibility?

Who would you like as a FA DB?

I certainly do. He brings an aggresive attitude that is sorely lacking from our secondary. In fact it is lacking from our entire defense. I think Buddy is going to step up, and pay what he has to, to bring in the necessary talent.

It's a lot of money but he's a good player. I'd rather the spend the money on Wr or a pass rusher, but if the well is dry and he's still available, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Hopefully his aggresiveness would rub off on the defense.

I dont think we will be signing a FA CB. I think they r looking at the draft.

Why do you think that?...They were pretty much 1st in line to interview Stanford Routt...I think they would prefer to get a Vet CB in and concentrate elsewhere, or address CB later in The Draft...Unless Claiborne slides, which is not happening... B-)

PS...Finnegan may be asking for too much, but he's exactly the type of Player this Defense needs desperately...He's got attitude galore and is not afraid to get physical...I think he and Williams would make a hell of a tandem...

Edited by KOKBILLS

Ummm, care to take a look at some 6th and 7th round picks and undrafted players?

Did you not get that I was referring to our existing scrappy bunch of 7th rounders and undrafted free agents?

No. Let's get a decent pass rush and then evaluate what we have. You have a former 1st rounder in McKelvin that I thought played pretty well considering the anemic pass rush. McGee is back. And you just addressed CB with a high pick last year. When I think "what will complete the Bills or get them over the top", I think of 3 things:

1. Better offensive line - I'm sure you can come up with a statistic that supports that line, but they need better players at tackle and depth in the middle.

2. Better defensive line - They need 2 DEs and 1 DT. They have no edge rushers they can count on and that team should not count on Kyle Williams (and his reattached achilles), and

3. At least 1 professional linebacker. They only have 1 proven performer now and he was discarded by the Packers.

After that, we can talk TE, 2nd WR and developmental QB. Then maybe consider a corner. My prediction:no FA. 4th rounder in the draft.

With our starters pretty much in place, I can't see us going after Finnegan or any other DB in FA. The money we have would be better served signing some of our own FAs, getting another WR and a pass rusher.

With our starters pretty much in place, I can't see us going after Finnegan or any other DB in FA. The money we have would be better served signing some of our own FAs, getting another WR and a pass rusher.

The need for another CB is big since we spend half the defensive snaps in a nickel or dime, especially with having to beat Brady twice a year. They brought in Stanford Routt and I can see them making a run at another FA CB, if not Finnegan. I just don't think Finnegan is gonna be worth the money he's asking. It won't surprise me if he languishes on the market until his asking price comes down.

GO BILLS!!!

I just don't think Finnegan is gonna be worth the money he's asking. It won't surprise me if he languishes on the market until his asking price comes down.

Which would make him a prime candidate for Buffalo in time... B-)