Draft Offense!

Here the truth!

Before injuries destroyed our offensive line team, before Fred was hurt,Before Fitz got his ribs broke, Before Chan made horrible 4th qrt decision and before Stevie Dropped that pass....

Our offense was on the verge of becoming special.....

drafting offense gets us closer to becoming a play-off team than drafting defense...especially in the early rd.....if we can secure a top WR and a TOP TE ... that puts us over the top on offense ....then draft defense and be agressive in FA....

Here the truth!

Before injuries destroyed our offensive line team, before Fred was hurt,Before Fitz got his ribs broke, Before Chan made horrible 4th qrt decision and before Stevie Dropped that pass....

drafting offense gets us closer to becoming a play-off team than drafting defense...especially in the early rd.....if we can secure a top WR and a TOP TE ... that puts us over the top on offense ....then draft defense and be agressive in FA....

I agree that our offense is much closer to being really good than many will ever admit due to their hatred for Fitz. Our defense however is really, Really REALLY bad. Our D gave up 27.1 pts a week. To make the play offs and be at least 10-6 we need our offense to score about a TD more a week than our defense gives up on average. This is my opinion. There are almost no offenses that average 34.1 pts a week. We DRASTICALLY need to reduce the amount of points our defense gives up.

We have pounded this into the ground. Winners have GREAT "D". You are correct- our offense is good when healthy. Need depth. This draft has to be about "D". Get some FA's for depth on offense at a moderate price. DRAFT "D". PLEASE

In just saying we are so far away from having a good defense

Statistically we are very far away. I have great hope as we have a LOT of young guys that should get better quickly with an actual off season and OTAs and we have a real defensive coordinator now as opposed to some other teams LB coach that was given a shot. If we can somehow manage a pass rush with a piece or two and the items mentioned impact us positively as expected I think we should be middle of the pack in defense. We should be no worse than say 17th which would be a huge step up from 30th.

Edited by PDaDdy

Here the truth!

Do you mean, "here is the truth!" or "hear the truth!" ??

Our offense was doing well because the defense was actually getting turnovers. Unless your plan for drafting offense will provide us with a team that scores a minimum of 8 TDs/game, it's simply not going to work (in my opinion). Draft D. Get more D with free agency. And get some depth on the offense ... maybe one big stud WR to complement SJ. The key to success is improving the defense.

Here the truth!

Our offense was on the verge of becoming special......until the o-line started getting injured. SO, spend the #10 pick on a left tackle, re-sign Bell and then we have depth all around on the oline and we should be able to not skip a beat if someone goes down. As for a receiver, I'd rather get one in FA along with a pass rusher, plus re-sign Chandler and then go BPA in the draft and we just might have a competitive team next season.

Last year I was all for defense....

This year...we need an explosive wr and a high caliber TE

All about getting an explosive WR opposite SJ13 (i.e., Michael Floyd), but I don't see the need to draft a "high caliber" TE in the early rounds. Even if Chandler is not re-signed, I think we can bring in someone through free agency (i.e., John Carlson or Visanthe Shiancoe) who could step in right away and make an impact.

1330981477[/url]' post='2395984']

Here the truth!

We won a few of those games because of turnovers. I'm all for using the 1st pick on offense, but defense needs to be the focus of this draft.

Get Michael Floyd in the 1st. Floyd, Johnson, Nelson and a TE (hopefully Chandler) and you have a sick WR core with a backfield of Spiller and FJax. The offense skill positions are actually pretty bad ass. The interior of line is strong and if Harriston can develop as a LT then line is pretty solid.

Then draft 2 DEs 2 LBs, Maybe a 4th round O-line, a DB and a TE Thats 8 picks.

We get 1 more for a wildcard BPA.

Get Michael Floyd in the 1st. Floyd, Johnson, Nelson and a TE (hopefully Chandler) and you have a sick WR core with a backfield of Spiller and FJax. The offense skill positions are actually pretty bad ass. The interior of line is strong and if Harriston can develop as a LT then line is pretty solid.

Then draft 2 DEs 2 LBs, Maybe a 4th round O-line, a DB and a TE Thats 8 picks.

We get 1 more for a wildcard BPA.

Agreed once again we are closer to having a great offense than we are to having an average Defense

Agreed once again we are closer to having a great offense than we are to having an average Defense

Interesting thought process. If you think that after this draft the offense could be good enough to cover for the bad defense then your premise makes sense.

I wonder if Buddy agrees with you.

I think the offense is further, but i think coaching had some impact on that.

Chan's offensive coaching was way better the Edward's deffensive coaching.

I do think BLO goes O in the first but think it is a OT.

Then heavy d, with maybe the possibility of a TE or WR mixed in there. I would love to see the Bills grab Charles in the 3rd if he slips there.