We aren't targetting big name FAs?

I'm probably reading too much into his statement, but I got the impression Pass rushers are what he was referring to when he talks about being aggressive in free agency.

"We're gonna go after guys that can help us...it MAY NOT BE receivers.. we got guys who can help him [sJ13]. It doesn't mean we won't sign a receiver, it doesn't mean we won't draft one."

While may not is definitely we WILL NOT, it sounds like Nix letting us know that he would pick up a mid-tier receiver, but we're probably no longer in the running for V Jackson, Manningham, Colston, Garcon or Bowe.

I dunno, am I just inferring meaning that wasn't there?

I'm probably reading too much into his statement, but I got the impression Pass rushers are what he was referring to when he talks about being aggressive in free agency.

"We're gonna go after guys that can help us...it MAY NOT BE receivers.. we got guys who can help him [sJ13]. It doesn't mean we won't sign a receiver, it doesn't mean we won't draft one."

While may not is definitely we WILL NOT, it sounds like Nix letting us know that he would pick up a mid-tier receiver, but we're probably no longer in the running for V Jackson, Manningham, Colston, Garcon or Bowe.

Yes, you are reading too much into that. Remember the morons who assumed the Bills weren't going to sign SJ because of a Nix or Gailey press conference? The odds are there are receivers in the draft that have the potential to be better (and cheaper) than any of the FAs on the market. Most of the quality teams don't spend a ton of money on receivers.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Buddy has a way of being too honest when he does not say no comment. He either refuses to tell you out right or he tells you. He said he likes the receivers we have when healthy and we have speed. I am thinking Clowney and Easley for speed. They love Donald Jones when healthy and Roscoe when healthy. I don't see them spending a lot at WR after committing so much to SJ. He did leave the door open because he is not 100% decided but I am confident he does not want a big name FA WR. As for the draft if who ever he has as his #1 WR, if it is the BPA when he drafts I think he would have no problem drafting a WR.

Reading what was quoted, it sounds like they won't actively be bidding the top WR's available now, but if they can sign a guy that can improve the current group in FA or the draft, they will do it. Chances are they either sign a decent #2-3 WR in FA if they can afford it, or they draft a guy

I think they'll draft one. The more I read about Floyd from ND the more I hope its him at 10...

God no.

Take a tackle.

If you are telling me you like Floyd because of how he looked running around in his under pants, i do not like it.

Take a wr in the fourth.

I think Gailey believes he can turn a somewhat talented/hardworking wr into a stud. I for one agree.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

God no.

Take a tackle.

If you are telling me you like Floyd because of how he looked running around in his under pants, i do not like it.

Take a wr in the fourth.

I think Gailey believes he can turn a somewhat talented/hardworking wr into a stud. I for one agree.

Floyd was one of the most dominant receivers playing in college and he had scrubs throwing him the ball (see Jimmy Clausen in the NFL). How many playoff spots did Joe Thomas, Jason Peters, and Jake Long combine for last year? LT is a very overrated position. Receivers have a ton more value in today's NFL.

I can't read between the lines with Nix because I believe 97% of what he says to the media is nothing at all...or nothing we all haven't already figured out.

What I do believe is that during negotiations, Nix told SJ about his plans for the team. I don't think his agent or SJ would have signed a five year deal if they felt that the front office wasn't going to make a significant investment in upgrading the team. SJ is now the fourth Bill (Fitz, Pears, Lindell) that's decided to stay with the Bills.

I don't think that's coincidence.

God no.

Take a tackle.

Take a wr in the fourth.

I take issue with this. I saw every single game Floyd played (look at my avatar, big surprise) and he is a game-changer. He was absolutely dominant in the redzone and he ran even faster than I thought he would. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on him at 10. I liked Reiff a lot, but even Chavous, in my opinion the best draft pundit out there, speculated on PFT live yesterday he is more likely going to be shifted to the right side like Bulaga. IF that's the case Kalil is the only top 10 OT.

I take issue with this. I saw every single game Floyd played (look at my avatar, big surprise) and he is a game-changer. He was absolutely dominant in the redzone and he ran even faster than I thought he would. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on him at 10. I liked Reiff a lot, but even Chavous, in my opinion the best draft pundit out there, speculated on PFT live yesterday he is more likely going to be shifted to the right side like Bulaga. IF that's the case Kalil is the only top 10 OT.

I fully agree. I actually like Floyd a little better than Blackmon for what the Bills would do with him in our offense and the role that he would play. Kalil will be gone, Reiff is likely gone anyway, Claiborne is gone by #10, and Nix is saying he doesn't like the pass rushers at #10. So do you want a significantly upgraded stable of WR's (I think they'll draft 2 WR's if they don't take a 2nd tier WR via FA), or a CB with the first pick?

The Chiefs used the franchise tag on Bowe. Not an option.

I mentioned in another threat that I would not be surprised nor upset if Floyd is the pick at 10, but it all depends on what we do here in FA. It is still quite possible we pick up a WR, like the much hyped VJax or even the more "Bills-like" approach and pick up someone like ATL's Harry Douglas as a #2. Either way, I think we still need 1 more receiver. I hope we address in FA, so we can focus on Def, OT and TE during the draft.

I mentioned in another threat that I would not be surprised nor upset if Floyd is the pick at 10, but it all depends on what we do here in FA. It is still quite possible we pick up a WR, like the much hyped VJax or even the more "Bills-like" approach and pick up someone like ATL's Harry Douglas as a #2. Either way, I think we still need 1 more receiver. I hope we address in FA, so we can focus on Def, OT and TE during the draft.

I say you have to look at who is likely to be available when we pick vs who can help the team the most. I don't see a clear-cut DE standing out at 10 in the draft, nor do I see a can't miss OT option. I see several good CBs possibly available and likely the #2 &3 WRs. Because of that I'd rather spend $ on the Oline or Dline and draft CB/WR.

I say you have to look at who is likely to be available when we pick vs who can help the team the most. I don't see a clear-cut DE standing out at 10 in the draft, nor do I see a can't miss OT option. I see several good CBs possibly available and likely the #2 &3 WRs. Because of that I'd rather spend $ on the Oline or Dline and draft CB/WR.

Agreed on spending $ on the D-Line...the draft doesn't impress me. But it is deep according to Nix, so you could draft for depth if you pick up a DE in FA. Even taking the one of the best DTs in the draft if we picked up a DE in FA wouldn't bother me. Just look at what the Giants do.