Another darn silly buzzed question

Pilsner

Just watched Take Me Home Tonight and Bathtub Time Machine. If you had to choose just one 80's song to represent you and the 80's, (if u lived thru the 80's) which song would it be? There are so many damn great songs from this era it's hard to choose. Off hand at this moment I would pick Bizarre Love Triangle. What one single song makes u think of the 80's? If it's a pansy song, say it anyway cuz I did.

Hmm I guess most peeps thought my post was stupid or they didn't grow up in the 80's. There is a new gen of Bills fans who would prolly better relate to the 90's. I hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

Just watched Take Me Home Tonight and Bathtub Time Machine. If you had to choose just one 80's song to represent you and the 80's, (if u lived thru the 80's) which song would it be? There are so many damn great songs from this era it's hard to choose. Off hand at this moment I would pick Bizarre Love Triangle. What one single song makes u think of the 80's? If it's a pansy song, say it anyway cuz I did.

When were the 80s? Never heard of em.

So, what is the buzzed question - which song represents you or which song makes you think of the 80s?

Why not both u silly billy. Just answer one if u can. Two would be a bonus.

Represents me: Against the Wind - Bob Seger or Synchronicity II - The Police

Most makes me think of the 80s: A lot, but #1 would be Flock of Seagulls - I Ran

• 1 month later...

Didn't live through the 80's, but since John Wawrow hasn't been on a lot lately I'll post his for him:

youtube.com/watch?v=fl9KQ1Mub6Q

thanks, Levi. there really is no other song to represent the 80s than this. it sums up the dischord and the disenchanted with a vibrant rock and roll sound that still resonates today.

jw

The 80's were horrible to look back on, alot of garbage "music" came out during that decade

Growing up in the 80's, but missing the 70's, I really wonder which decade was more embarrassing to look back on? The Disco era 70's or the Poppy/techno/hair band 80's?

GNR's Welcome to the Jungle. I was welcomed to the jungle of LA in 1983 and partied pretty damn hard in the 80's. So much so I took the 90's off.

The 80's were horrible to look back on, alot of garbage "music" came out during that decade

Growing up in the 80's, but missing the 70's, I really wonder which decade was more embarrassing to look back on? The Disco era 70's or the Poppy/techno/hair band 80's?

If you think that the 70's was all about disco you definitely did not grow up in the 70's. Some of the best music ever written came out of the 70's. There's bad music in every era you have to search out for the good stuff.

this debate has been conducted a few years ago on this board, and with all due respect, there was far more better music to mine, in my opinion, in the 80s than in the dreadful, over-bearing, 24-minute, navel-gazing songs of the 70s, which also produced, ugh!, disco.

say what you will about the pop/techno/hair bands of the 80s, yet you overlook some of the bands that actually made a difference during that time.

The Clash were borne out of the 70s, but their relevance carried over into the 80s.

there was the Ska movement, Elvis Costello, the Pretenders (with James Honeywell Scott), and a host of ornery little bands that sprouted all across the U.S. -- from The Replacements, to The Minutemen, Husku Du, the Pixies and the entire southern california punk movement. and let's not forget the days when REM actually meant something.

without the 80s, there would be no fawning over kurt cobain and nirvana, or pearl jam having the opportunity to produce the same song over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, and have some call it new.

foo fighters owe their left nut to the 80s.

yes, it had its cindy loopers and def leppards and foriegner hit it big, as did stevie winwood. but to dismiss the 80s as mere techno pop and hair bands, well ... i think that's skimming the surface. you gotta dig a little deeper, no?

jw

GNR's Welcome to the Jungle. I was welcomed to the jungle of LA in 1983 and partied pretty damn hard in the 80's. So much so I took the 90's off.

If you think that the 70's was all about disco you definitely did not grow up in the 70's. Some of the best music ever written came out of the 70's. There's bad music in every era you have to search out for the good stuff.

I know that there was some good stuff that came out of the 70's, just like there was some good stuff from the 80's too, But when most think of the 70's its the disco era, and bell bottoms

nah, i didn't like the 70s, but you're right. there were bands and albums that mattered, The Faces, the Stones came into their own, Ramones, New York Dolls, et al.

so i apologize for my earlier screed as being a little over the top. what bugs me is how the 80s always seem to be dismissed, Chef.

jw

nah, i didn't like the 70s, but you're right. there were bands and albums that mattered, The Faces, the Stones came into their own, Ramones, New York Dolls, et al.

so i apologize for my earlier screed as being a little over the top. what bugs me is how the 80s always seem to be dismissed, Chef.

jw

No you're probably wrong there. The 70's are dismissed more than any other era with regard to music just because of disco. Disco was the most popular music in the 70's for sure but anyone who is a fan of "music" knows that the popular music of any era pretty much sucked. But, I'll give disco this. It did give the rise to the party atmosphere of cocaine and partying to excess so it had that going for it. :D