with the 10th pick do we pass on Floyd?

A player like. Micheal Floyd?

He just might end up being the Best WR in this draft....

He gives us the big deep threat, and if we bring Stevie back you can move him around more....

Then go defense in the 2nd rd or be agreesive during FA time

Edited by EldaBillsFan
Edited title for clarity

If we have a LT come draft day then taking Floyd wouldn't make feel like I did when we took Whitner (though I'd rather trade down but I doubt that will happen). I also like taking a shot at a guy like Brian Quick, Tommy Streeter or Marvin McNutt in the 4th and using our first 3 picks on defense (e.g., Ingram - Curry - Irvin).

Floyd's my pick as of right now. Theres a good chance he'll be the BPA at 10 as well

Remember, Doc's rule... #10, you better be a diamond right from the get go.

So... it is draft day, Bills are on the clock. Three... two... one... the pick is in. It's Floyd.

OK... What should I expect from Michael Floyd this coming season? A #10 pick. 100 receptions? 200 receptions? 2000 yards? 20 TDs? What did the Bills just buy for a few million bucks?

Isn't his name Michael Floyd?

Malcolm Floyd is the Chargers receiver, I believe.

Thank you

I just think Floyd is a rare talent...even more so than Blackmon, DE is very dept this draft, outside LB deep....Big, Strong, Fast WR's there's only 2 in this draft...not including Hill

It's another good way to go but with the pass rush being a priority i really don't know which way Buddy & company might go ..

Wannstedt did say that the front 4 of our D HAVE to be a difference maker so we need some one that can help that front 4 be a force & there is one guy that might be worth the 10th pick -- Nick Perry of USC .. The guy looked like a beast at the combine ..

Can you just see Williams , Dareus , & Perry plus a good second round guy ?? I just don't know any more , I think that who we get resigned will have a barring on who or what position we draft ..

I kind of think Stevie J is dragging his feet (cause he wants to go to SF 49ers hence lil Donte inviting him out to the play off game) so he either gets the F tag , which will be what he is shooting for in a contract a year about 9 mil but the Bills don't want to pay him that much b/c of his antics & if not the F tag he'll get to check out the market . If he doesn't come back then Floyd could be a very real possibility at 10 !!!

I haven't seen him mentioned as "a deep threat". If they are gonna draft a WR with the 10th pick, I think it should be a home-run hitter, not a possession receiver. I don't think they are going to use the pick on a WR, but if they do, I would expect it to be Kendall Wright.

This is the one year that an OT would seem to be the best pick, by default. There don't seem to be any standouts (value-wise), at the positions that the Bills need DE, OLB, and WR.

I haven't seen him mentioned as "a deep threat". If they are gonna draft a WR with the 10th pick, I think it should be a home-run hitter, not a possession receiver. I don't think they are going to use the pick on a WR, but if they do, I would expect it to be Kendall Wright.

This is the one year that an OT would seem to be the best pick, by default. There don't seem to be any standouts (value-wise), at the positions that the Bills need DE, OLB, and WR.

Floyd ran a 4.47 40 at the combine....Kendall Wright's best time was 4.61. Just sayin...

Floyd ran a 4.47 40 at the combine....Kendall Wright's best time was 4.61. Just sayin...

Yeah, but nobody is buying that Wright is that slow. Just sayin'. I don't want either of them with the 10th pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/26/michael-floyd-stephen-hill-stand-out-at-combine/

Baylor wideout Kendall Wright, who is in competition with Floyd to be the second wideout draft, ran a surprisingly slow 4.61. Some hand times had him closer to 4.45. He plays much faster on the field and some expected him to be in the 4.3′s this week. He looked great in drills, however, and we don’t think the number will truly hurt Wright because he looks so much faster when he’s actually, you know, playing football.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Yeah, but nobody is buying that Wright is that slow. Just sayin'

He may not be as slow as his combine 40 would suggest, but do you actually think he is a more polished WR than is Michael Floyd? The fact that you're deeming Floyd a "possession receiver" is just silly. He is so much more talented than that...and IMO, he is more of a deep threat WR than Kendall Wright. He can do it all.

Not saying that Kendall Wright isn't a good WR prospect, but he is not even in the same league as Blackmon and Floyd.

He may not be as slow as his combine 40 would suggest, but do you actually think he is a more polished WR than is Michael Floyd? The fact that you're deeming Floyd a "possession receiver" is just silly. He is so much more talented than that...and IMO, he is more of a deep threat WR than Kendall Wright. He can do it all.

Not saying that Kendall Wright isn't a good WR prospect, but he is not even in the same league as Blackmon and Floyd.

I don't think he is more polished than Floyd, just a better deep threat. As I said, I don't want either of them @ 10, and I don't think the Bills do either!