I wouldn't have a problem with this draft

NishP

1st round - Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois -

- Mercilus is gonna fly up the boards with a strong combine showing and a ridiculously good senior year, we should worry about him being a 1 year wonder like maybin because even maybins numbers were not close to being this good

2nd round or trade back into the 1st - Nick Perry, DE, USC -

- Nick perry added 20 pounds to his frame (now 270) and still ran an awesome 40 yard dash, he also did 36ish reps at 225 at the combine. Addressing our D-line early will set us up for success in the near future. Im still not convinced that he jumps into the first round with his combine showing but if he does we still have DE options with Branch from clemson and Curry who's out of marshall.

If Perry isn't available;

- Branch, DE, Clemson

- Curry, DE, Marshall

3rd round - Brock Osweiler, QB, ASU -

- The bills seem pretty interested in his RAW talent, he was a 60% passer his junior year and is 6 feet 7 inches, he can sit under fitzpatrick for a few years.

4th round - Bruce Irvin, OLB, WVU -

- He is a hybrid DE/OLB but with that speed (sub 4.5 40 yard dash) and the fluidity that he has he should have no problem transitioning to a 4-3 OLB, and the bills really need an OLB that can keep up with TE's we have been getting burned for years.

4th round - Nate Poter, OT, Boise -

I watched a lot of boise this year and this 6 foot 6 inch tackle has the potential to be a beast, even buddy said this draft is really deep at the tackle position. We'll get great value from this kid.

Edited by Nishous

I don't think that there is ANY chance that Nick Perry will be around at the top of the2nd, much less

when the Bills pick in the second. With his added weight/strength, I think he will go in the to 20-25.

I don't think the Bills can afford to draft both Mercilus and Perry in the first 2 rounds, even if Perry were

to miraculously make it to their pick in round 2.

Edited by OldTimer1960

I don't think that there is ANY chance that Nick Perry will be around at the top of the2nd, much less

when the Bills pick in the second. With his added weight/strength, I think he will go in the to 20-25.

I don't think the Bills can afford to draft both Mercilus and Perry in the first 2 rounds, even if Perry were

to miraculously make it to their pick in round 2.

while I agree theres probably no way Perry falls to us in the 2nd....why cant "the bills afford to draft both Mercilus and Perry in the first 2 rounds"? Do you mean we cant afford to draft two DE's as our top two picks? If thats what you are implying I certainly disagree..I think the team could use their first 4 picks on pass rushers - maybe you are forgetting we were almost historically awful at sacking the QB last year (take away the 10 sack fluke game against the Skins), and we were almost just as terrible two years ago...we havent had a pass rush in god knows how long - throw enough shnit against the wall and some is bound to stick...hell, use every draft pick on pass rushers and sign a couple in free agency as well....

I don't think Perry lasts that long. I like Whitney, but the one year wonder thing is frightening. I'd go Irving from South Carolina, then Perry. If Perry is not available, I'd take Vinny Curry. I would have no problem taking DE's with the first two picks.

I can also see us going OT (Martin), then trading back into the first to grab Perry/Curry.

I'm not sure about Osweiler. I get that he's a 6'7" gunslinger... but how has that worked out in the past? Derek Anderson immediately comes to mind. Maybe it's the fact that they both came from mediocre PAC 10 schools.

I REALLY like Wisconsin's Russell Wilson later in the draft.

He's athletic (4.55 40). He's an accurate passer with good mechanics. And he's very smart. He picked up and ran the Wisconsin offense in only an offseason and lead them to 11-3 season. The only 2 regular season losses, the Badgers trailed for about 1 minute total (Hail Mary with :00 left on the clock against MSU, and a late heave at OSU). The Third loss, a shoot out in the bowl game against #5 Oregon.

The biggest knock on him is that he's too short (5'11"). But let's be honest, we can all think of tall quarterbacks who are terrible, so I don't buy this as a legitimate reason he WON'T be successful in the NFL.

Let's just take a simple Buffalo example... Rob Johnson vs. Doug Flutie. Johnson was taller, right?

Scouts like to make up reasons why people can't do it, but arguably one of the top 3 QBs in the NFL right now is 6-foot-nothing (Brees). Sure, he will sail a couple more balls. He'll miss a play here and there. But if he's smart enough to know the weakness in his game and know how to adapt (which I think he is), why not grab him in a later round, let him play behind Fitz for a couple years and see where he comes out. he's got to be better than Thigpen (who is just terrible).

He's also a winner. I can't think of many top tier NFL Quarterbacks that LOST in College and win in the NFL. In fact, I'm not sure I can think of one (Unless you count Cutler). I'm not saying it has to be a National Champion, or even D1, but you have to know how to win. I'm not saying winning makes you great, but until I see a QB that didn't win in college become a top tier QB in the NFL, my opinion will remain that if you lost in college, I'm not interested.

I just don't buy into the "Built like an NFL Quarterback" argument. And mostly because of The JeMarcus Russells, Derek Andersons, Ryan Leafs, Rob Johnsons, and so on and so on...

I think Wilson is the type of QB Chan can like with his athleticism and his intelligence. He's a winner and seems to be a stand up citizen.

brock is a really athletic guy for being 6'7. was a bball player. and decided to change over to football he only started 15 games i think and would have stayed in school but dennis erickson got canned and didnt wanna run the option and thats what ASU will be doing next year. there was talk about him transfering to cal where is QB coach/OC from ASU was hired but i think ASU wouldnt grant him the transfer. hes very raw but got the tools. big arm and hes very mobile.

but very very raw and is a project for sure

I like your draft a lot and think we can make it happen (even if we trade back which would be great!). Hear what everyone is saying about Perry but I think if he's not there we should be able to get Branch or Curry. Think you need to move Irvin up to the 3rd though. I'd pass on Osweiler and take a WR in the 4th. Of course, if we don't re-sign Bell I think we need to go OT in the 1st (don't mind waiting to the 4th for OT if it's for "depth"). I think next year is the year for our QB of the future.