1st: Floyd. 2nd: Curry. 3rd: L. David. 4th: Acho. 4th: Egnew

NewEra

I'm starting to think Floyd will be the bpa in a "need" position, DE/LB/WR/OT. We can then load up on DE/LBs in rounds 2-4. Looks like there's some good value on WRs in rounds 4-7 as well. Nix said this years draft is deep at OT and there's lots of value at the position. Maybe take an OT (Potter, Reynolds or datko)) and WR (posey, mcnutt, fuller, broyles, Wylie, Cunningham, Owusu, just to name a few) in round 5. Then CB in 6, maybe D'Anton Lynn or Robert Blanton. That would give us 3 new weapons for the passing game in Floyd, Egnew and say Owusu. 3 active bodies up front with Curry, David and Acho. A possible long term tackle (if not, depth) and depth at CB.

I understand some of the guys may get drafted before each rounds picks, but most of the guys mentioned are "projected" about right. I'd love this draft. I really like the depth at WR and LB rds 2-6. Hopefully we can land another Stevie late to go with a possible star in Floyd. Stevie, Floyd and Owusu with Nelson and Easley (cough) as backups would give fitz some weapons. Whatcha think?

I'm starting to think Floyd will be the bpa in a "need" position, DE/LB/WR/OT. We can then load up on DE/LBs in rounds 2-4. Looks like there's some good value on WRs in rounds 4-7 as well. Nix said this years draft is deep at OT and there's lots of value at the position. Maybe take an OT (Potter, Reynolds or datko)) and WR (posey, mcnutt, fuller, broyles, Wylie, Cunningham, Owusu, just to name a few) in round 5. Then CB in 6, maybe D'Anton Lynn or Robert Blanton. That would give us 3 new weapons for the passing game in Floyd, Egnew and say Owusu. 3 active bodies up front with Curry, David and Acho. A possible long term tackle (if not, depth) and depth at CB.

I understand some of the guys may get drafted before each rounds picks, but most of the guys mentioned are "projected" about right. I'd love this draft. I really like the depth at WR and LB rds 2-6. Hopefully we can land another Stevie late to go with a possible star in Floyd. Stevie, Floyd and Owusu with Nelson and Easley (cough) as backups would give fitz some weapons. Whatcha think?

I like Floyd a lot more after watching a lot of the combine yesterday too. I think 10 might be a little too high for him though. I'd love him in round 2 but I'm sure he won't last that long.

I really liked what I saw from that QB from Wisconsin, Russel Wilson, as maybe a third day pick for the Bills. Would need some development over a few years for sure but his speed and athleticism seem like they would be a perfect fit into Gailey's offense.

I don't really have an opinion on David's abilities. However, I don't see him as a guy that the current Bills regime would have interest in due to his size. They've made specific comments and roster moves that point to them attempting to make the roster much bigger. In David you have a player who is sized similar to D'Norris Searcy, who they drafted to play SS.

That said a guy like Travis Lewis, who was a 4 year starter and captain for Oklahoma, intrigues me as an OLB prospect and has 15lbs on David.

Edited by Carey Bender

I don't really have an opinion on David's abilities. However, I don't see him as a guy that the current Bills regime would have interest in due to his size. They've made specific comments and roster moves that point to them attempting to make the roster much bigger. In David you have a player who is sized similar to D'Norris Searcy, who they drafted to play SS.

That said a guy like Travis Lewis, who was a 4 year starter and captain for Oklahoma, intrigues me as an OLB prospect and has 15lbs on David.

More recently Dave W said he wanted smaller faster LB's so LD fits that description.

Just from watching a lot of college ball I do like Travis Lewis though. He certainly passed the eye test.

I am convinced we will finally take an OT with our first pick(to Bill in nyc's delight)and it would be a wise pick to finally solidify that position. I can see Curry as our second pick but beyond that I am clueless.

Love it but Floyd.

A bet you a million dollars your post was added no value to the conversation of possible draft option for the Buffalo Bills in 2012.

First off, Vonnegut is my all-time favorite author. God Bless You Mr. Rosewater is my favorite book of his. I guess that was just my commentary on how people predicting who the Bills are going to draft really does nothing for me, because they're not going to draft them anyway. I'm sorry to be blunt. I am the biggest Bills fan in the whole world, but beyond the first round, it's simply not worth my time to speculate. I desperately wanted the Bills to take Gronkowski in the 2nd round two years. Where did that get me?

1330375032[/url]' post='2390450']

First off, Vonnegut is my all-time favorite author. God Bless You Mr. Rosewater is my favorite book of his. I guess that was just my commentary on how people predicting who the Bills are going to draft really does nothing for me, because they're not going to draft them anyway. I'm sorry to be blunt. I am the biggest Bills fan in the whole world, but beyond the first round, it's simply not worth my time to speculate. I desperately wanted the Bills to take Gronkowski in the 2nd round two years. Where did that get me?

You don't get it....and that's ok. No reason to further any type of debate. You should just bypass threads like these, there's gonna be hundreds and your head might spin. It's draft time. Get over it.

1330360504[/url]' post='2390262']

I love 3/4 of those picks. I would sign up for that draft.

I'm not sure if Larry David can make it the NFL though, if his laces are untied he might be able to make a play, but that only works so many times.

Why do you feel that way about David? His size is underwhelming but his instincts are apparent. He's got a nose for the ball. The others I was thinking about in the third are Bruce Irvin (pass rusher, not much else. That's why I chose David), Nigel Bradham (Strong and fast, but likely will need a couple years to start) and Travis Lewis (best of the bunch IMO, but coming off an injury scares me a lil bit). I chose David because I feel he's the most nfl ready of the bunch. Fits the mold of a 4-3 weakside LB. Has great instincts and can cover. Size is his only weakness IMO and that can be addressed.

Thanks for the replies. Go Bills

Why do you feel that way about David? His size is underwhelming but his instincts are apparent. He's got a nose for the ball. The others I was thinking about in the third are Bruce Irvin (pass rusher, not much else. That's why I chose David), Nigel Bradham (Strong and fast, but likely will need a couple years to start) and Travis Lewis (best of the bunch IMO, but coming off an injury scares me a lil bit). I chose David because I feel he's the most nfl ready of the bunch. Fits the mold of a 4-3 weakside LB. Has great instincts and can cover. Size is his only weakness IMO and that can be addressed.

Guess you're not a fan of "Curb Your Enthusiasm!

I agree that another pass receiving threat is needed on offense, but I am not sure that I like Michael Floyd - especially

at the #10 overall spot. If the grades for a pass rusher or LT are even close to Floyd's (per the Bills), I would much

rather have the DE or LT. I just have a feeling about Floyd not being too big of a star...

No problem, Just saying that from Feb - April a lot of the posts are going to be draft speculation and you're correct its not likely anyone will get it correct. You can't expect an almost sure thing late 1st rounder like Aaron Williams to fall into the second.

But the point of these posts are to discuss draft prospects that's the fun, the fun isn't getting it 100% correct, the point is to work out possible scenarios.

Some people like to get deep, why beyond the first round down into priority UDFAs.

I'm more of a 1-5 rounder guy my self.

BTW Cat's Cradle is my favorite.

From the Book of Bokonon:

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

Yeah Lavonte David is a bit too small for me and probably Nix, he is out of the Bryan Scott mold.

I like Travis Lewis a lot and his toe problems could take even longer to heal. The good news is he toughed through the injury also good news he ran one of the fastest 40s for an OLB so he might be healed.

Lewis could be a deal if he were there in the 3rd. He was a beast in 2010, like a possible late first rounder.

A Floyd, Curry (or Branch), Lewis, Acho Draft is really really nice.

If Acho is gone you can throw in Nate Potter then maybe Malik Jackson with the second 4th.

Also check out Curb your Enthusiasm you can start with season 5.

Edited by Why So Serious?