Buddy Nix Interview on Buffalobills.com

biggerdaddynj

After listening to the interview, do you agree that we're not going DE at 10? I know Buddy's not going to tip his hand but the way he talks about the DEs (in general and specifically) has me thinking OT or WR (and it better not be a WR at 10 unless there's a miracle and Blackmon falls to us--don't waste your time dreaming about that happening!). Here's the link (sorry don't know how to hyperlink it using my tablet):

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Focus-Buddy-Nix-Sitdown-Interview/509d7d8c-e36e-4309-9152-45a30b213184

I haven't listened to the interview yet, but I have a feeling they will still stay with what they have on the Dline. Williams and Dareus in the middle will be outstanding and will help whoever we have at end. Everyone (meaning coaching staff) seems to love Kelsay, who is at least serviceable at 4-3 DE (and sometimes much more), and I just think they give Carrington a shot on the other side.

I know everyone thinks pass rush has to be high priority, but between Williams injury and the part time 3-4, my guess is the Bills brass isn't going to spend a high pick to replace guys they think can do the job. I do expect to see a LB early, but I also agree that OT and WR could be targets as well.

After listening to the interview, do you agree that we're not going DE at 10? I know Buddy's not going to tip his hand but the way he talks about the DEs (in general and specifically) has me thinking OT or WR (and it better not be a WR at 10 unless there's a miracle and Blackmon falls to us--don't waste your time dreaming about that happening!). Here's the link (sorry don't know how to hyperlink it using my tablet):

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Bills-Focus-Buddy-Nix-Sitdown-Interview/509d7d8c-e36e-4309-9152-45a30b213184

Blackmon could easily fall to #10. The WRs that go at the very top of the draft are the physical freaks. I think Blackmon is gonna be good, but he's not the typical 6'4" 4.3 40 guy that gets dafted in the top 3-4 picks.

Seems to me that Buddy is a straight shooter ,and he seems to be laying the ground work so people are not disappointed when he doesnt draft a D end. Kirpatrick with williams could be a great pair. As for Blackmon, if he is taken in the top ten, he would be the shortest Wr taken in the top ten in 5 years .

Blackmon could easily fall to #10. The WRs that go at the very top of the draft are the physical freaks. I think Blackmon is gonna be good, but he's not the typical 6'4" 4.3 40 guy that gets dafted in the top 3-4 picks.

Blackmon reminds me of Michael Crabtree in that Crabtree was the consensus top WR prospect despite lacking great speed. I think Blackmon will be better, but I don't see him as the second coming of TO like many are saying.

OK, I'm in...put KirkPOTrick in your sig mock, and take Linthicum TE or Nate Potter OT at 4A.

A very good draft!

Astro--as our resident Drafttek rep. I was wondering which big bodied "not covered when they're covered" WRs you think are possible picks if we wait until the 3rd or 4th? Brian Quick, Justin Criner, Dwight Jones, Jeff Fuller, Marvin McNutt? Of course, thoughts and opinions from all are encouraged too!!! Thanks.

Edited by biggerdaddynj