John Abraham

aussiebills

With Cliff Avril going to most likely be tagged and MArio Williams most likely breaking the bank, would Abraham be an option in Free agency

He played 4-3 DE for the Falcons and is always a solid contributer, good enough to set the edge and rush he passer

Below is the link to Avril most likely to be tagged:

http://detroit.sbnation.com/detroit-lions/2012/2/20/2811632/detroit-lions-free-agents-2012-cliff-avril-franchise-tag

With Cliff Avril going to most likely be tagged and MArio Williams most likely breaking the bank, would Abraham be an option in Free agency

He played 4-3 DE for the Falcons and is always a solid contributer, good enough to set the edge and rush he passer

http://detroit.sbnation.com/detroit-lions/2012/2/20/2811632/detroit-lions-free-agents-2012-cliff-avril-franchise-tag

yeah I'd take a look at him. He is getting a little up their in age but is still a very good pass rusher.

I'd sign him, he's always been productive and we can get a couple years out of him while transition back to a 43. Also think Andre Carter would be good pick, he played good for NE and would help fill out our roster for DEs.

If we had a seasoned franchise QB and were ready to contend I would, but by the time we are serious contenders(if that ever happens), Abraham will be retired.

Still need DEs Franchise QB or not.

I would look at Abraham, but would he be limited in the number of snaps per game?

Last year he played very few in order to try and keep him fresh. Whether the coaches were overly cautious, I don't know but his snap count was EXTREMELY limited (which makes his sacks more impressive, but doesn't make him a cornerstone guy but a small role player)

Last year he played very few in order to try and keep him fresh. Whether the coaches were overly cautious, I don't know but his snap count was EXTREMELY limited (which makes his sacks more impressive, but doesn't make him a cornerstone guy but a small role player)

Do we need a small role player? If so, why not Kroy Biermann?

I have to agree. it does not matter whether we think it's Bowl time or not. He might make our secondary much better just by being on the field. I would give him a roster spot depending how we do in draft and his price of course. Now that being said he could be a great teacher to one of our newfound youngsterses while while having only a third down presence. And i have always liked his character

Edited by 3rdand12

He started at RDE according to their depth chart and had the most tackles as a defensive lineman for them

Which is impressive for a guy that was on the field for like 50% of snaps, if that. I didn't catch his final snap count but i believe it was like 30 a game- definitely can be seen as a pro or con

Edited by NoSaint

Yea - near a million a game for a part time player on the downside of his career doesn't add up.

I'd do it at a lower price but it wouldn't male sense from his end. He will want to chase a ring unless we waaaay overbid.