Irsay Hearsay

ieatcrayonz

I was about to defend you until you said the Who was garbage . . . but I will anyway.

I find it amusing that there are always people on this board who pull out the long knives to attack those that share something that they heard. The original post is called "Irsay Hearsay." Take it for what it is worth and stop attacking someone who shares something that he heard about the Buffalo Bills and shares it on a Buffalo Bills message board.

This reminds me of how some people seem love jumping down someone's throat when they make the cardinal sin of posting about something that, God forbid, was already the subject of another topic. Oh, the humanity . . . .

Holy crap. I didn't know the quotes were from The Who because I don't listen to garbage like that but the one about bad man/sad man sounded weird and familiar. Then everyone on here starts making The Who jokes and it clicks. I knew my source was good but this only reinforces that it came from Irsay's daughters.

Anyway, it is still only investigation by the Colts into possible trades. I might make a few calls later to see if there is anything new as Polian got fired a while back. Maybe the new guy or Irsay has made progress since then.

Edited by Peter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All this stuff about 5:15 and pinball wizards is garbage. This thread is about who's next and I think Manning is going mobile because the song is over in Indy. That sounds like a bargain, and if Buddy isn't getting in tune with that, then piss on it. After all even if my wife thinks it is, love ain't for keeping.

All this stuff about 5:15 and pinball wizards is garbage. This thread is about who's next and I think Manning is going mobile because the song is over in Indy. That sounds like a bargain, and if Buddy isn't getting in tune with that, then piss on it. After all even if my wife thinks it is, love ain't for keeping.

album cover reference, well done.

That is not what I said and I'm not sure how you got that. The McCargo thing was to sour Irsay on the Bills in general. there is no way anyone would have been able to see the Manning thing coming. Polian was trying to refrain from dealing with the Bills in ANY scenario,not just this specific one.

Oh, I see, ... Polian was trying to refrain from dealing with the Bills by first dealing with the Bills for McCargo.

I think Polian will tell you that Irsay does not know what its like to be the bad man?

My contact spoke with one of the girls a little while ago. It turns out that Manning is not interested in Buffalo but has a real real interest in playing for Dallas so he could compete with Eli. There is no animosity, just competitiveness. The Colts do not want Romo and are trying to work a three way trade with either Seattle Jackson to Indy, Romo to Seattle, Manning to Dallas or Buffalo sending Fitz to Indy, Manning to Dallas and Romo to Buffalo.

Talks are still early but Dallas does want Manning and would give up Romo. Indy would do it. It isn't clear about Buffalo or Seattle. I don't know why either team would hesitate on such huge upgrades.

As you know I live in Indiana which is usually a very good place to keep a low profile. In this case however it is one of those times where word gets around a small community quickly.

I know someone who knows two of Irsay's daughters very well. My contact is reliable but I do not know Irsay's daughters. What I do know is that they like being around Hollywood types so I tend to believe the stories I'm hearing.

Polian did not get dumped only because of the Manning thing alone. He got dumped for refusing to investigate all angles. Irsay wanted to pick up Manning's bonus as a show of thanks and good will. He wanted to then immediately trade Manning for a journeyman who could hold down the fort until Luck got good enough. Forever is a long time if you ask me, but I regress. There are 6 or 7 QBs who fit this scenario and you already guessed who one of them might be.

Anyway, Irsay was quizzing Polian about the status and sensed Polian was lying to him. Although he was indeed trying to move Manning, he just faked it about actually speaking to the Bills about Fitz. Evidently he had all the details about Grossman, Orton, McCoy, Jackson, Moore, and Campbell/Palmer but was real thin about Fitz. As he drilled him it became clear that Polian's disdain for Wilson was still a major issue. Polian is also no fan of Nix but doesn't really hate him.

Anyway the source says Irsay stormed from the meeting and was heard to say "We won't get fooled again....that's enough". When his daughter tried to calm him down Irsay said that Polian had made a trade for McCargo despite knowing about McCargo having a back back and also sucking. Polian did this to make sure Irsay would never deal with the Bills again but the whole thing backfired when Irsay found out.

Fast forward to now and Irsay had had enough. He feels bad about the whole Manning thing but has to do what he has to do. Evidently he told one of his daughters "No one knows what its like to be the bad man, to be the sad man....". He is really depressed about the whole thing. He isn't 100% sure about the Manning/Fitz trade but wants to investigate it. He sees it as one of the top three scenarios.

The fact that Polian got fired seems to back up all of these rumors/accounts of the behind the scenes goings on.

Wow it would be cool to see Manning in Buffalo.

REALLY PILING UP THE BULLS&*% CRAYONZ

My contact spoke with one of the girls a little while ago. It turns out that Manning is not interested in Buffalo but has a real real interest in playing for Dallas so he could compete with Eli. There is no animosity, just competitiveness. The Colts do not want Romo and are trying to work a three way trade with either Seattle Jackson to Indy, Romo to Seattle, Manning to Dallas or Buffalo sending Fitz to Indy, Manning to Dallas and Romo to Buffalo.

Talks are still early but Dallas does want Manning and would give up Romo. Indy would do it. It isn't clear about Buffalo or Seattle. I don't know why either team would hesitate on such huge upgrades.

Interesting. If this is for real, then is Romo really an upgrade over Fitzpatrick? Why bother.

Edited by vincec