This offseason, the front office has no excuses!

Santana

The time is now for Buffalo, there's absolutely no excuse for us not to be extremely active in Free Agency. The jury is out, we all know that we have a core group of players (when healthy) that we can win games with. Us as fans know, the media knows and the rest of the NFL knows as well. I have to say that I don't have any trust in our front office to make the right choices and I'm pretty sure the majority of people who follow the Bills feel the same way. I know being a GM is not an easy task by any means, let me just put that out there right now but it's just pathetic that we have to settle for such incompetence. Buddy Nix has a lot to prove to us Bills fans, we aren't going to accept the "we're going to build through the draft" crap. The thing is, I don't think we need to go out there and sign 8 players but we definitely need a couple savvy veterans on both sides of the ball. I just don't want Nix to bring in a bunch of mediocre players who are not going to make an impact and say well we were aggressive is free agency. Just get 2 to 3 players who can step in and contribute right away and be leaders on the field. A lot of players aren't going to want to come to Buffalo and it's not just because we don't win, it's because of the way our organization handles their team (players). We don't resign key players and we do whatever to save a couple pennies, even if it's not whats best for the team. I'm not putting those things on Nix alone because it's been happening for several years now. The Buffalo Bills need to adapt and catch up with the rest of the league. It's not the early 90's anymore and we're at the bottom of the barrel.

The time is now for Buffalo, there's absolutely no excuse for us not to be extremely active in Free Agency. The jury is out, we all know that we have a core group of players (when healthy) that we can win games with. Us as fans know, the media knows and the rest of the NFL knows as well. I have to say that I don't have any trust in our front office to make the right choices and I'm pretty sure the majority of people who follow the Bills feel the same way. I know being a GM is not an easy task by any means, let me just put that out there right now but it's just pathetic that we have to settle for such incompetence. Buddy Nix has a lot to prove to us Bills fans, we aren't going to accept the "we're going to build through the draft" crap. The thing is, I don't think we need to go out there and sign 8 players but we definitely need a couple savvy veterans on both sides of the ball. I just don't want Nix to bring in a bunch of mediocre players who are not going to make an impact and say well we were aggressive is free agency. Just get 2 to 3 players who can step in and contribute right away and be leaders on the field. A lot of players aren't going to want to come to Buffalo and it's not just because we don't win, it's because of the way our organization handles their team (players). We don't resign key players and we do whatever to save a couple pennies, even if it's not whats best for the team. I'm not putting those things on Nix alone because it's been happening for several years now. The Buffalo Bills need to adapt and catch up with the rest of the league. It's not the early 90's anymore and we're at the bottom of the barrel.

I'm so sick of this crap. EVERY team (except the Redskins) builds through the draft. It is common sense. Some teams sign more FAs than others but they all build through the draft. You're like a politician who discovers a catch phrase and runs with it.

I'm so sick of this crap. EVERY team (except the Redskins) builds through the draft. It is common sense. Some teams sign more FAs than others but they all build through the draft. You're like a politician who discovers a catch phrase and runs with it.

Relax man and read thoroughly before you make ignorant statements. First off you took what I said out of context. I didn't say that building through the draft was bad I said it in the context that we can't solely rely on just the draft and not be strategic in FA. I suggest you actually read before you reply instead of skimming through posts until you find something negative to point out.

Relax man and read thoroughly before you make ignorant statements. First off you took what I said out of context. I didn't say that building through the draft was bad I said it in the context that we can't solely rely on just the draft and not be strategic in FA. I suggest you actually read before you reply instead of skimming through posts until you find something negative to point out.

Isn't that what they're doing now? They've signed 3 or 4 guys each of the past two offseasons. I expect them to do the same this year as well.

Edited by Carey Bender

Yeah they have but no one who's madecan immediate impact you know?

Barnett was pretty good this past season. Dwan Edwards is a guy you can rely on, will not make a huge impact but that is not the nature of his position.

Yeah they have but no one who's madecan immediate impact you know?

they signed Barnett, Urbik, Pears and Chandler. None were big names but each of them made a big impact

I think they will do more of the same

Possibilities include:

Dave Tollefsen and Anthony Spencer on Defense and WRs like Robinson, Garcon or Brandon Lloyd

Excuse will be new D coordinator and shifting to 3 - :unsure: 4 ?

Ralph still owns the team. That is the standard excuse, right?

We have been VERY active in free agency. We just don't pay for any ELITE talent. We scrape the bottom of the barrel for UFAs and practice squad players and then stick them out on the field while everyone hopes they turn into a star.

they signed Barnett, Urbik, Pears and Chandler. None were big names but each of them made a big impact

I think they will do more of the same

Possibilities include:

Dave Tollefsen and Anthony Spencer on Defense and WRs like Robinson, Garcon or Brandon Lloyd

Ralph still owns the team. That is the standard excuse, right?

Right.

I just don't see the Bills pulling off a 10 -6 or 11 - 5 record to make the AFC wildcard.

They aren't going to beat N.E. and win the AFCE division.

:blink:

Right.

I just don't see the Bills pulling off a 10 -6 or 11 - 5 record to make the AFC wildcard.

They aren't going to beat N.E. and win the AFCE division.

:blink:

based on the last 10 years or so, this is a reasonable expectation. But you never know. Nobody expected the Bills to have such a strong start to the season this year. Nobody expected them to beat the Pats. Nobody knows what they will do in FA and the draft. I'm going to wait and see. At this point, I think they have a strong possibility to push for a WC spot if they make the right moves.

The Giants were 9-7 and won the Super Bowl....

There's not as much competition in the NFC as there is in the AFC that's why. Although beginning last year with the Indianapolis Mannings going down and the Detroit Lions becoming a great team the tables are starting to turn...

Barnett was pretty good this past season. Dwan Edwards is a guy you can rely on, will not make a huge impact but that is not the nature of his position.

Dwan Edwards is a 5 tech DE and may be a rotational DT in their new scheme, that is if he's not released for cap reasons. Switching defenses so frequently has its cost and Edwards may be the odd man out.

To the OP's point, it's imperative to win and fans won't accept mediocrity again in 2012. The HC and GM know this is the season it has to happen, hence the big swing to the 43 and firing of Edwards. It also stands to reason the Bills sign some top end UFA's with their rebuild seemingly in a very low gear. I don't expect Buffalo to be SB champs, let alone the AFC winner, but not making the playoffs is failure.

No one wants to hear the Bills tried to sign players in UFA. Sweat doesn't count, only results. And aside from perhaps the aforementioned Edwards and Nick Barnett, Buffalo hasn't signed a meaningful UFA in years. The time is now and it's playoffs or bust.