Dog bites reporters face on live TV.

erynthered

Brilliant. Take a dog that's just been through a traumatic experience, haul it into a TV studio filled with bright lights, noise and lots of people he doesn't know, and then have some idiot stick her face right into his. I'm sorry for her injuries, but WTF are people thinking*?

* rhetorical question, I know what they are thinking: "what other mindless crap can we put on to keep the television zombies entertained"

Brilliant. Take a dog that's just been through a traumatic experience, haul it into a TV studio filled with bright lights, noise and lots of people he doesn't know, and then have some idiot stick her face right into his. I'm sorry for her injuries, but WTF are people thinking*?

* rhetorical question, I know what they are thinking: "what other mindless crap can we put on to keep the television zombies entertained"

This whole story puts a "pit" in my stomach (pun intended). Just what the media needs, more BS against the bully breeds. And of course, no one will bother to spend the energy thinking rationally like you just did. It will all be the dog's fault. :thumbdown::angry::sick::cry:

I had 2 very large dogs a german sheapard and a akita......one day they got into it and my 16 year old daughter jumped into the middle of it and "hugged" the Akita trying to stop the fight. I was on the other side of the yard and it seemed like it took me an eternity to get to where they were at.....

I grounded her for a week.....you DONT stick your face close enough to be bitten especially when a dog is upset. And the Akita while huge was the most gentle dog you would ever know....

One time....that is all it would take to change her life and of course after that I would have to put the dog down. Luckily for me the Akita just looked at her and stopped fighting....but I still have thoughts on how bad that could have turned out.

I am sorry for this reporter.....but what were you thinking?

So that woman hosts a recurring segment on animals. Did she think he was smiling at her? He showed his teeth. Fair warning.in this battle of Darwinism, dog wins. Unfortunately there will likely be talks to put him down rather than talks to not put your face near his mouth when he's showing his teeth.

So that woman hosts a recurring segment on animals. Did she think he was smiling at her? He showed his teeth. Fair warning.in this battle of Darwinism, dog wins. Unfortunately there will likely be talks to put him down rather than talks to not put your face near his mouth when he's showing his teeth.

That station will take so much heat if anyone pushes to have that dog put down. They'll quietly back down, not mention the anchor for a while and hope everything goes away.

I blame the owner. The reporter was as dumb as she could get, but the owner should have known better.

Yep.

So that woman hosts a recurring segment on animals. Did she think he was smiling at her? He showed his teeth.

She stared right into his eyes in close quarters. In "dog speak", that's a challenge. That's why he bared his teeth - he was letting her know to break contact or there was going to be escalation.

It doesn't matter what kind of dog breed it is. Dogs have consistent behaviors, especially alphas. She broke one of the easiest rules of dogs and paid for it.

There is literally no one involved here who's not at fault.

The owner for putting himself in this situation to begin with and not having adequately trained/socialized this dog. The fact that it's not current on its vaccinations tells me all I need to know about him. I hate people who get a dog because it makes them look tough and then can't handle them and don't take the time to do what it takes to properly keep them.

I get that he didn't want to appear to be an * on live teevee, but how does the officer just sit there when it's pretty clear that things aren't going in the right direction? Nevermind an obligation to have done a check on the vaccinations after the incident or at least before you parade him around strange people and put him on camera. My father was an ACO for 20 years and that's basic due diligence. After the rescue situation, you don't have to be an * and issue a ticket for unvaccinated (I'm assuming this is rabies vaccination, as that's the only one any town or city I've ever heard of keeps track of) when you look at the records, but you do have to be like, "Uhh. Dude... Get your dog its shots. Now. And I'm going to follow up on this; if it's not done by tomorrow (unless there's a serious line-up at the vet), you're getting a ticket." And it may not be a police officer's job to do this, per se, but it would be his job to check things with the ACO and let them do their part.

The reporter was way too aggressive, especially with an animal that had just recently been through a stressful situation, as KD wrote. I have worked to train my 2-year old GSP to take his tail being pulled and being up in his grill, even taking milkbones out of his mouth and not reacting. It's something we've done with every dog we've had, to cut out any aggression response. Even then, when you don't know a dog (and more importantly, when it doesn't know you), you can't act like this. Any dog, even the best-trained, can snap; it only takes the right set of circumstances.

I was bitten this summer (my dog was as well) when I was walking down the road. Two fighting breed dogs just charged out of a house, crossed the road and lit into us. No sniffing of butts, no nothing. It does color my opinion that there are many people who own breeds they can't control and that they have no business owning. Why do you need a Cane Corso, a Rottweiler, or breeds that may not have higher incidences of bites, but that when the switch is flipped and they chase and bite, they are hard-wired to not let go?