Official Super Bowl XLVI Thread

Just Jack

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning teams make more plays and commit fewer mistakes.

I fail to see the logic of trying to diminish the winning team's achievement with posts like yours.

I think he was getting after my comment about can gronk get to the hail Mary if healthy

I hate the Giants but so glad they knocked off Marsha and Billycheat. Plus looks like the refs pretty much were a non factor except for that holding call on Gmen in first half. Amazed they called grounding on that saftey.

And from where he made the call, it looked right to him. It wasn't a totally out there call

Winning teams make more plays and commit fewer mistakes.

I fail to see the logic of trying to diminish the winning team's achievement with posts like yours.

It shouldn't go unmentioned that the Giants committed 3 ghastly fumbles. They fell on two of them and the other was negated by a Pats penalty.

Montana is the best QB I've seen. Marino is the best passer.Elway,Favre,Young,Roethlisberger had/have monster ability.

Eli has the ability in the clutch that Montana had. Brady is as cool under pressure.He is the junior Montana.Not quite there.

I think Brady and maybe some others put too much pressure on themselves to win it for Kraft's deceased wife. Reminded me of Bills a little before loss to Redskins in their 2nd SB appearance. Kelly & Co. were tight as drums kept saying "we have to win, have to win."

It shouldn't go unmentioned that the Giants committed 3 ghastly fumbles. They fell on two of them and the other was negated by a Pats penalty.

Again you can pee and moan all day about this and that on both sides, and the ball not being round, but at end of the day one team scored 4 more points that the other.

The only time I see it as acceptable is when the refs play too much a hand in the outcome. I don't think that happened today.

I think Brady and maybe some others put too much pressure on themselves to win it for Kraft's deceased wife. Reminded me of Bills a little before loss to Redskins in their 2nd SB appearance. Kelly & Co. were tight as drums kept saying "we have to win, have to win."

Again you can pee and moan all day about this and that on both sides, and the ball not being round, but at end of the day one team scored 4 more points that the other.

The only time I see it as acceptable is when the refs play too much a hand in the outcome. I don't think that happened today.

I haven't noticed any moaning, honestly

Was I moaning? You pointed out that the winning team makes fewer mistakes. Usually the case, yes, but the end result isn't a tally sheet of credits and debits. Luck plays a larger role than most people are willing to admit.

Was I moaning? You pointed out that the winning team makes fewer mistakes. Usually the case, yes, but the end result isn't a tally sheet of credits and debits. Luck plays a larger role than most people are willing to admit.

@ crunch time you make your own luck. Gmen got a TD drive starting with something like 4 mins on the clock, highlighted by the brilliant throw and catch to Manningham. NO LUCK JUST SKILL. Pats had almost a min left, and couldn't answer. Everything that came before was irrelevant at that point.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

@ crunch time you make your own luck. Gmen got a TD drive starting with something like 4 mins on the clock. Pats had almost a min left, and couldn't answer. Everything that came before was irrelevant at that point.

That's a bit much. I agree with the play your *** off and don't make excuses attitude but I think it's an overly simplified lens to view a game through. Play great against a great, and with a bounce or two it's a win. Play bad and it takes a lot. There are going to be a handful of plays that make huge differences, and a lot will be dumb luck in an evenly matched game. Unfortunately we don't have the talent to claim even matches with great teams yet.