Who would you rather play?

ICE

Ya know ICE in my opinion it really doesn't matter to me..6 weeks ago, the thought of who we were going to face in the playoffs ( if we make the playoffs) wasn't even a micro-thought ( if thats a word ) so now 6 weeks gone at 9-6 were talking about indy or sd?? hell i'd take either..this team is on such a roll right now I'd feel pretty confident about bills going into indy or sd and making one helluva game out of it..win or lose..hopefully a win

Don't you think it's a mistake to start contemplating who you'd rather play when your team hasn't clinched a playoff spot yet? Even if everything has gone the Bills' way, they still have to beat the best team in the conference next week. A huge step up in competition.

And still need help from the Colts and maybe the Rams.

I'd worry about the Steelers first. That will not be easy even if they rest guys.

SD or Indy?  I honestly don't know. I know we can't keep score with Indy, but to me SD is a more balanced team.

179840[/snapback]

That's a pretty difficult question...I really think we'd have a chance to beat either. The game I obviously fear is @ NE.

I gotta think if you asked an SD or IND fan if they'd rather play BUF, NYJ or DEN...they're picking NYJ or DEN.

Don't you think it's a mistake to start contemplating who you'd rather play when your team hasn't clinched a playoff spot yet? Even if everything has gone the Bills' way, they still have to beat the best team in the conference next week. A huge step up in competition.

And still need help from the Colts and maybe the Rams.

I'd worry about the Steelers first. That will not be easy even if they rest guys.

179870[/snapback]

Eli is a homo man. Get over it.

Don't you think it's a mistake to start contemplating who you'd rather play when your team hasn't clinched a playoff spot yet?

If he was playing on the team, maybe ;) But since none of us are, we can speculate all we want.

I'd rather face San Diego. Peyton is too much of a powerhouse, and although our secondary is good, I think he would torch them all too often.

The correct question is "Who in their right mind wants to play the Bills right now?" Only the phony tough and crazy brave would want to play the Bills. Indy or SD doesn't matter. Bills would smoke either of them right now.

And you know this how? I sense a lot of overconfidence.

Who exactly have the Bills beaten during this streak? Let's see:

Sun 11/21 St. Louis W 37-17 - A team that stinks on the road and has a moron for a coach. The Rams were never that good to begin with and combine that with how the Bills play at home. Easy recipe.

Sun 11/28 at Seattle W 38-9 - Impressive from the aspect that it was on the road. Other than that, how exactly has Seattle been playing the past 2 months? They even lost to Dallas at home and they stink. And don't forget that Hasselbeck was out.

Sun 12/5 at Miami W 42-32 - It's always good to beat a rival in a "trap game." But the Bills are much better than the hapless Dolphins. Combine that with the fact that Bledsoe owns Miami.

Sun 12/12 Cleveland W 37-7 - A joke of an opponent with zero offense to speak of. Decimated by injuries and in a hostile environment. Add it up. Blowout.

Sun 12/19 at Cincinnati W 33-17 - Decent win because the Bengals did have a good offense. But clearly, Kitna off the bench was no match for the Bengals D. Didn't the Bengals suffer a crushing loss the week before?

Sun 12/26 at San Francisco W 41-7 -See Browns. Not much really to be said here. It would be no different if you played the Giants.

Ok... so, let's say we call Seattle a quality win even though they've been very disappointing. What other game could the Bills have lost on this schedule?

If you look at the entire schedule, the most impressive win was against the Jets. They physically dominated that game in the 2nd half against a similar team. And McGahee was money. I'd clarify that as your best win. It signaled the start of the turnaround.

But how can anyone come out and say they'll go into the RCA Dome and destroy Peyton Manning? Cmon! In that environment, I wouldn't even give the Bills much of a chance. Manning is on a mission this year Imo. I think the Colts are winning it all.

At San Diego, that might be a little easier.

1.They're not in a dome. So noise factor shouldn't be that bad.

2.San Diego doesn't exactly have the biggest fanbase. That's important in these kind of games. Hostile environments make it tougher on opponents.

3.Is San Diego's offense as explosive as Indy's? Hard to say. They certainly present problems because Tomlinson can run it and catch out of the backfield. Gates is a huge key. And Brees is throwing it well. But would I classify them on the Colts' level? Not at all. See how Brees reacts to pressure.

Out of the two, the Chargers is by far the more winnable game for the Bills. But they'll need to have McGahee run for over 100 and carry it 30 times. Keep the Charger offense off the field. Pressure Brees and force a couple of turnovers. Plus Bledsoe must play a smart game. Moulds and Evans must be factors. I think the Chargers' D is pretty opportunistic also. So, it'd make for an interesting match-up.

But how can anyone come out and say they'll go into the RCA Dome and destroy Peyton Manning? Cmon! In that environment, I wouldn't even give the Bills much of a chance. Manning is on a mission this year Imo. I think the Colts are winning it all.

179907[/snapback]

A couple of comments here.

First, is it that bad in Giant land that you care what BILLS fans think about the Bills? I mean we have lots of trolls from New England, Miami, and the Jets, but this is a first.

Second (concerning the above quote, have you ever been to a game at the RCA Dome? I have and guess what, it's not intimidating at all. In fact it's the quietest stadium I've ever been to.

A couple of comments here.

First, is it that bad in Giant land that you care what BILLS fans think about the Bills?  I mean we have lots of trolls from New England, Miami, and the Jets, but this is a first.

Second (concerning the above quote, have you ever been to a game at the RCA Dome?  I have and guess what, it's not intimidating at all.  In fact it's the quietest stadium I've ever been to.

Cry me a river. Where in my post did I troll? I am a realist. Your team still has one more win to get and needs help. If that happens, then entertain Super Bowl thoughts.

And secondly, so because you were at the RCA Dome sitting in the stands, it's not loud? It doesn't distract opponents on the field? Come off it.

I'd MUCH rather play at San Diego than Indy. There is no way Manning lets them lose in round one at home. Remember what they did to Denver last year? They came out smoking and never let off the gas pedal. They'll come out and score 40 against whoever they play in round one. They're going to New England in round 2, no question.

San Diego is a nice team, but we'd have a 50/50 shot against them if we brought our A game.

I would root for the Chargers simply because Indy is the one team in the NFL "built" for playing on artificial turf. Buffalo hasn't played one game on turf this year - have they? That would be a tough first one to say the least.

SD or Indy?  I honestly don't know. I know we can't keep score with Indy, but to me SD is a more balanced team.

179840[/snapback]

NO doubt SD is SUPER tough this Year...But at Indy in Round #1 is a heck of a mountain to climb...

I'll take my chances with SD...The match-up of our D vs. SD's Offense is certainly a better one than vs. Peyton and his boys...Plus, even though Indy's D is not as tough as SD's, Freeney is awfully tough to block in the Dome... ;)

NO doubt SD is SUPER tough this Year...But at Indy in Round #1 is a heck of a mountain to climb...

I'll take my chances with SD...The match-up of our D vs. SD's Offense is certainly a better one than vs. Peyton and his boys...Plus, even though Indy's D is not as tough as SD's, Freeney is awfully tough to block in the Dome... ;)

179938[/snapback]

Yes. After seeing what Freeney did to Jonathan Ogden last week, I think he'd sack Bledsoe about 5-6 times on that fast track carpet.

Cry me a river. Where in my post did I troll? I am a realist. Your team still has one more win to get and needs help. If that happens, then entertain Super Bowl thoughts.

And secondly, so because you were at the RCA Dome sitting in the stands, it's not loud? It doesn't distract opponents on the field? Come off it.

179928[/snapback]

Well go be a "realist" and discuss your top 10 pick with other Giants fans. Most Bills fans don't want to hear from some "piss in the Kool Aid" Giants fan right now.

Indy is no worse than any other place to play in the NFL. Saying it will be tougher than San Diego is a joke. Chargers fans are better than Colt fans. Colt fans are some of the worst in the entire NFL.

Well go be a "realist" and discuss your top 10 pick with other Giants fans.  Most Bills fans don't want to hear from some "piss in the Kool Aid" Giants fan right now.

Indy is no worse than any other place to play in the NFL.  Saying it will be tougher than San Diego is a joke.  Chargers fans are better than Colt fans.  Colt fans are some of the worst in the entire NFL.

First off, we don't have a top 10 pick thanks to our idiot g.m. Second, it's a free country. So, I think I'll stick around.

Third, that last point is laughable.

Have a nice day. Best of luck next week.

beat steelers

then off to san diego, i may be able to score tix for my son and i ....

i'd rather see the bills vs the charger's anyway.... fan's there are okay,but polite and not really too loud.... great place to see a game

it's cool just being able to feel like we are a part of the playoff race.... the team has become respected around the league.... and that makes me proud of mularkey, bledsoe mcgahee evans et al...

179928[/snapback]

Have you been to the RCA dome? Because I have been there for a Bills game. It was a close game and I was cheering my head off and those "terrific" football fans in the Dome asked me to be quiet because they were trying to watch the game...its not as advantageous as the other home fields in the AFC.

First off, we don't have a top 10 pick thanks to our idiot g.m. Second, it's a free country. So, I think I'll stick around.

Third, that last point is laughable.

Have a nice day. Best of luck next week.

179961[/snapback]

Again...from personal experience with the "fans" in Indy I would have to disagree with you. See my last post. Places like KC, NE, Pitt, Buff, and (back in the day) Denver are places to be feared when you have to go into those buildings to win...the RCA dome not so much. Dome teams never have too much of an advantage over non-dome teams because there are NO ELEMENTS in a dome. The only thing that can cause a real big advantage is noise and there isn't very much of that in INDY.