Byrd , Levitre, who else needs to be extended NOW?

zazie

yes.

and wood.

Wood is a bit more tricky. It has to be an incentivized deal with renumeration based on playing time. Decent signing bonus but on the small side.

He blew his ACL, a devastating injury for a non-athlete, even more so for a guy that needs his body to perform at a professional level.

Anyway if I am not mistaken Wood is under contract thru 2013, we have another year on that one before we have to worry about a Bills FO brain-fart.

Edited by zazie

The SJ situation is such a joke.

Good teams extend the rookie contracts of players that perform.

Now we have 2 more entering contract years. Should we not just extend them now?

I'd start with our best offensive player and work from there. He's earned it.

Wood is a bit more tricky. It has to be an incentivized deal with renumeration based on playing time. Decent signing bonus but on the small side.

He blew his ACL, a devastating injury for a non-athlete, even more so for a guy that needs his body to perform at a professional level.

Anyway if I am not mistaken Wood is under contract thru 2013, we have another year on that one before we have to worry about a Bills FO brain-fart.

Really?? When was the last time a really good athlete had his career cut short by an acl...1987?? 1990? They are so successful at repairing and now even replacing acl's that it is an injury that just requires proper rehab.

Really?? When was the last time a really good athlete had his career cut short by an acl...1987?? 1990? They are so successful at repairing and now even replacing acl's that it is an injury that just requires proper rehab.

I still tend to think of ACLs and other injuries that require a year or more of rehab as pretty devastating and career threatening. Maybe mediacl scinece has caught up to ACLs though, you could be right. Either way Wood is injury prone and needs to have an playing-time incentive contract IMO

I still tend to think of ACLs and other injuries that require a year or more of rehab as pretty devastating and career threatening. Maybe mediacl scinece has caught up to ACLs though, you could be right. Either way Wood is injury prone and needs to have an playing-time incentive contract IMO

It's not really fair to say he is injury prone. When he broke his leg that was a freak accident and anyone standing there would have had his leg broken.

The ACL is a bit worrisome. However like what was pointed out earlier ACL is not a big deal anymore. Specially for an Interior linemen.

Acheilles are still big deals. They are an almost 2 year injury but people can come back from them now and not everyone comes back from them.

You don't let Wood walk. (Period)

It's not really fair to say he is injury prone. When he broke his leg that was a freak accident and anyone standing there would have had his leg broken.

The ACL is a bit worrisome. However like what was pointed out earlier ACL is not a big deal anymore. Specially for an Interior linemen.

Acheilles are still big deals. They are an almost 2 year injury but people can come back from them now and not everyone comes back from them.

You don't let Wood walk. (Period)

1 more lower body injury, and he won't be able to...

(Sorry, probably not even accurate, just wanted to get a line in)

I think the title basically says it. The guys you want to keep (Steve and Bell), you don't even let them hit free agency(unless you are the Bills)..... you get Levitre and Byrd done BEFORE training camp, and with Wood you probably do one of those "during the season" extensions providing he looks like he has many years left. This is how a real team would do it but unfortunately we are Bills fans......and you can't change who you really are man! Apollo Creed taught us that!

I think the title basically says it. The guys you want to keep (Steve and Bell), you don't even let them hit free agency(unless you are the Bills)..... you get Levitre and Byrd done BEFORE training camp, and with Wood you probably do one of those "during the season" extensions providing he looks like he has many years left. This is how a real team would do it but unfortunately we are Bills fans......and you can't change who you really are man! Apollo Creed taught us that!

It's the guy who owns the team. This is the culture he has built.

It's true first_and_ten, and it's so not hard to get done. You get your ass to the negotiating table determined to get something done and make it happen. I don't wanna hear the "you'd have to make him the highest paid guy at his position" crap for him to stay in Buffalo BS either.

It's true first_and_ten, and it's so not hard to get done. You get your ass to the negotiating table determined to get something done and make it happen. I don't wanna hear the "you'd have to make him the highest paid guy at his position" crap for him to stay in Buffalo BS either.

What you're saying here is what the franchises who play to win and to be great do. The Bills have other priorities besides winning. The Bills have been a joke for so long because they don't do what it takes to win. Simple. And the man at the top is the person responsible.

Edited by first_and_ten

Now that the Bills have the Garrison Sanborn situation under control I am sure that they will turn their attention to their second tier players.

In reality we were saying the same things last season about Johnson, Williams, Wood, Levitre and maybe a couple others. The Bills did extend Williams and Fitzgibbons, but they haven't been very good at signing their own. Johnson is this year's guy that got away (I put his return at 40%), the guys you're talking about will be on next year's list unless the team becomes proactive.

Good teams extend the rookie contracts of players that perform.

Now we have 2 more entering contract years. Should we not just extend them now?

Again, try to understand this SJ thinks he is a top notch #1 WR and wants to be paid like such. HE IS NOT and the bills know this and will offer him a contract based upon many things including that

Nobody said easy as possible, but the Bills ALWAYS wait till the last minute to start even talking, then are like OH, WELL WE TRIED TO GET SOMETHING DONE.....

Absolutely! In fact Dareus has only 4 years left on his rookie contract and should be extended ASAP. Because the Bills are the only team in pro sports that make players play out a signed contract. LOL

We agree there...I'll tell you what...If this Organization can't get a deal done with Stevie... :wallbash:

I don't know...But I know I've had quite enough of The Bills losing talent and barely treading water in that area...They cannot afford to lose a guy like Stevie and still expect to be competitive in a Division that may just add Peyton Manning next year...They better re-sign Stevie...They better get it done, and then get him help on the other side too...

I honestly believe this deal will have an effect on Season Ticket Sales...Especially if they don't re-sign him...Fans can only take so much and Bills Fans have been though WAY more than their share with this Team...I have a feeling if Stevie gets away, no matter what they do after, they are going to seriously piss off a good portion of their Fan base...I just have a feeling about that... B-)