Every team plays Thursday game

Bills14

http://www.buffalobills.com/

"Bills to play primetime game in 12"

not possibly...they will be

Wonderful - now you can change your thread title to accurately reflect what article explains, namely, 'All but four teams will play a Thu nite game.' :nana:

I remain skeptical of any Chris Brown statements - particularly when he throws in the "presumably" qualifier...

"That means 26 of the 32 NFL clubs will appear on the Thursday night schedule during the 2012 regular season along with the two that appear on Thursday night kickoff weekend in Week 1 on NBC which makes 28. Presumably the four that do not will appear either on Sunday or Monday night during the regular season."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful - now you can change your thread title to accurately reflect what article explains, namely, 'All but four teams will play a Thu nite game.' :nana:

I remain skeptical of any Chris Brown statements - particularly when he throws in the "presumably" qualifier...

"That means 26 of the 32 NFL clubs will appear on the Thursday night schedule during the 2012 regular season along with the two that appear on Thursday night kickoff weekend in Week 1 on NBC which makes 28. Presumably the four that do not will appear either on Sunday or Monday night during the regular season."

Presumably they'd be the early and middle game on thanksgiving. As that is the logical way to get to all 32 on thursday

The thread shouldn't be called every team plays Thursday night game because that isn't what Goodell said. He said every team will play a prime-time game in 2012 so that could mean Thursday Sunday or Monday night... Whatever the case though, the Bills and the rest of the teams in the league WILL have a prime-time game in '12.

Edited by HuSeYiN1978

The thread shouldn't be called every team plays Thursday night game because that isn't what Goodell said. He said every team will play a prime-time game in 2012 so that could mean Thursday Sunday or Monday night... Whatever the case though, the Bills and the rest of the teams in the league WILL have a prime-time game in '12.

Just going by what i read:

"This will result in every team appearing in Thursday football games and every team having a prime-time appearance throughout the season," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said at his annual state-of-the-NFL news conference Friday at the Super Bowl XLVI media center.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82692011/article/goodell-all-teams-to-go-prime-time-in-new-thursday-night-slate?module=HP11_headline_stack

It's funny how almost anytime anyone on here tries to give fellow Bills fans info most people focus on how they can dispute the information.

The link i provided literally said:

"buffalobills Buffalo Bills

Commissioner says every NFL team will play a Thursday night game n 2012 - including the #Bills. Thursday night games will be played wk 2-15"

It's still on their twitter page right now.

The second link from NFL.com quoted Goodell as saying the same exact thing as you can see a few posts above lol

"change the thread title, it's misleading.............." wow unless some of you read English different then me i don't know whats going on, i get there's different websites saying different things but i'd like to think nfl.com quoting Roger would be the most reliable

either way who cares we have a night game, now lets talk about whether the nfl tries to embarrass us and schedule us against NE or something

It's funny how almost anytime anyone on here tries to give fellow Bills fans info most people focus on how they can dispute the information.

The link i provided literally said:

"buffalobills Buffalo Bills

Commissioner says every NFL team will play a Thursday night game n 2012 - including the #Bills. Thursday night games will be played wk 2-15"

It's still on their twitter page right now.

The second link from NFL.com quoted Goodell as saying the same exact thing as you can see a few posts above lol

"change the thread title, it's misleading.............." wow unless some of you read English different then me i don't know whats going on, i get there's different websites saying different things but i'd like to think nfl.com quoting Roger would be the most reliable

either way who cares we have a night game, now lets talk about whether the nfl tries to embarrass us and schedule us against NE or something

Maaaaannnn, if It's gotta be NE then It's gotta be NE... We gotta stop being afraid of these guys... Last I remember if it wasn't for mckelvin's fumble we would have beat the pats on Monday night... Our last three Monday night games though all losses, went down to the wire... I highly doubt our Bills would get crushed on prime-time... Let's GO...

My math might be fuzzy but isn't there 32 teams? They won't have a game the week of the World Series or the last week of the season so that means 15 games on Thursday night...doesn't that mean two teams will get the shaft?

I think it's quite obvious that this means the league is contracting to 28 teams. No other explanation makes sense :huh:

I think it's quite obvious that this means the league is contracting to 28 teams. No other explanation makes sense :huh:

Idk what's so hard to figure out... Week 2-15 equals 14 weeks not 13... You have to count week 2 as a game being played... Then there's also Thursday night kickoff to start the season which means now we're up to 15 games being played. The last game will be a double header on thanksgiving as usual... That's 16 games being played times 2 teams each game equals 32 teams... We all get to play ok? Helpful?

This season's programming, at least in the Atlanta market, is the worst I've ever seen. I got one televised Buffalo game all season--the December Pats one in which they gave up 40 unanswered points. :sick:

Having said that, I think we deserve more. The new Bills, with exception of that horrible stretch after the Washington game, are fun to watch--more fun than I can remember.

It shouldn't be all about wins. The Ravens win a lot, but they're the most boring offense in the league, IMO. They, along with the crappy Colts and Dolphins, had at least five primetime games here. And the Steelers this year seemed to be on almost every week, even though their games were like 12-9 slugfests. I know they're good, but c'mon--every week?

Buffalo and Detroit--one apiece--and Detroit plays on Thanksgiving. I don't even remember seeing a SF game on the tube all year until the playoffs.

Mindless programming.

Say what you will about TBD but the math skills around here are second to none.

Actually they're second to one.

Presumably they'd be the early and middle game on thanksgiving. As that is the logical way to get to all 32 on thursday

Again with the 'presumably' :wallbash:

That's why it's not good to make presumptions… because you make… because it doesn't mean anything.

Idk what's so hard to figure out... Week 2-15 equals 14 weeks not 13... You have to count week 2 as a game being played... Then there's also Thursday night kickoff to start the season which means now we're up to 15 games being played. The last game will be a double header on thanksgiving as usual... That's 16 games being played times 2 teams each game equals 32 teams... We all get to play ok? Helpful?

Could you repeat that again except more slowly this time?

Thanks.

Actually they're second to one.

That's why it's not good to make presumptions… because you make… because it doesn't mean anything.

Could you repeat that again except more slowly this time?

Thanks.

(In slow mo) wwwwweeeeeeee aaaallllllllll wwwwwiiiilllll pllllllaaaaaay aaaaaaaa tttthhhuuurrrsssdddaaayyyy nnnnnniiiiigggghhhht ggggaaaaaaaammmmeeee..........

Edited by HuSeYiN1978

Are all NFL teams ready for the national spotlight?

They should be, because the league will arrange its 2012 schedule to ensure that every team will play a Thursday game. This is the first time every NFL team will play in a nationally televised game in a given season.

In his annual Super Bowl address Friday, Commissioner Roger Goodell said the NFL Network's Thursday night schedule will be expanded from eight to 13 games next season (not counting the Thursday night season opener), and they will run from Week 2 through Week 15. Besides the NFL Network's games, CBS, FOX and NBC will air Thanksgiving Day games.

13+1+3=17

17 X 2=34

32 NFL teams

Each NFL team will play a Thursday game in 2012.

link