Which losing Super Bowl team did you want to win?

major

Looking back over Super Bowls past, I have identified a few losing teams I would have liked to have seen won. Of course, we would all say Buffalo. However, if you had to pick another losing team that you wanted to see win, who would it have been and why?

I would have liked to have seen Oakland beat Tampa in Super Bowl 37 due to the fact that I can't stand Gruden.

Your pick?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back over Super Bowls past, I have identified a few losing teams I would have liked to have seen won. Of course, we would all say Buffalo. However, if you had to pick another losing team that you wanted to see win, who would it have been and why?

I would have liked to have seen Oakland beat Tampa in Super Bowl 37 due to the fact that I can't stand Gruden.

Your pick?

I know I'm going to catch hell over this, but I wanted the Pats to beat the Giants for a perfect season. I am sick and tired of hearing from the "perfect" 72 Dolphins.

I know I'm going to catch hell over this, but I wanted the Pats to beat the Giants for a perfect season. I am sick and tired of hearing from the "perfect" 72 Dolphins.

I rooted for the Giants, but I can certainly sympathize with your statement about the 72 Dolphins.

I really wanted the Seahawks over the Steelers.........to bad the refs didnt..............lol

Eagles over Pats

I'm still not over that one, man. I know not everyone disagrees about McNabb's performance at the end of that game, but I still haven't forgiven the guy.

As for my SBs, I remember wanting Elway and the Brocos to have beaten the 49s in '89 or whenever that was. That was just complete and utter destruction, man.

Super Bowl I Chiefs and the Packers. Having grown up in the time of the two different leagues there was great hatred between the AFL and NFL. Even when the Bills lost the championship game just a week before to the Chiefs, I wanted them to kill the Packers. I loved the rivalry and differences between the two leagues. Besides the Bills Super Bowls, the first four Super Bowls were the best because of the bitterness.

To show you how much you rooted for your own league back then. I went to the 1969 opening day Bills vs the Jets game and the Buffalo Jills carried out a sign thanking Joe Namath and the Jets for beating the Colts. Think we'll see a sign thanking Brady and the Pats if they beat the Giants this year?

Those were the days........

Edited by jkx2

I wanted all the losing Broncos teams to win...in recent years, I wanted the Bears to beat the Colts, any team that lost to the Pats, and the Arizona Cardinals. Also, wanted Dan Reeves Falcons to beat the Broncos the year he lead the Giants against his old team.... for whatever reason, I always liked the Elway Broncos...outside of the Bills, Elway and Favre have probably given me as many great football memories as anyone. I also liked Dan Reeves a iot....good, old fashioned football coach.

Super Bowl I Chiefs and the Packers. Having grown up in the time of the two different leagues there was great hatred between the AFL and NFL. Even when the Bills lost the championship game just a week before to the Chiefs, I wanted them to kill the Packers. I loved the rivalry and differences between the two leagues. Besides the Bills Super Bowls, the first four Super Bowls were the best because of the bitterness.

To show you how much you rooted for your own league back then. I went to the 1969 opening day Bills vs the Jets game and the Buffalo Jills carried out a sign thanking Joe Namath and the Jets for beating the Colts. Think we'll see a sign thanking Brady and the Pats if they beat the Giants this year?

Those were the days........

I love watching NFL films pieces about the early super bowl years...what you just described is a rivalry that I honestly didn't even know existed until a few years ago. That must have really been interesting to see go down!

Oddly enough, as I'm typing this there is a preview on HBO for the upcoming documentary, "Namath"...that will be something to see, I'm sure.

I wanted all the losing Broncos teams to win...in recent years, I wanted the Bears to beat the Colts, any team that lost to the Pats, and the Arizona Cardinals. Also, wanted Dan Reeves Falcons to beat the Broncos the year he lead the Giants against his old team.... for whatever reason, I always liked the Elway Broncos...outside of the Bills, Elway and Favre have probably given me as many great football memories as anyone. I also liked Dan Reeves a iot....good, old fashioned football coach.

Agree with all of this. I forgot about the Cardinals v. Pitt. Considering I am more apathetic toward the Cards that probably just about any team in sports, I was jumping up and down like a kid when the went up on Pitt late in the 4th...I still can't believe that Benny hit that pass to Holmes...I give them credit for an amazing play, but DAMMIT I wanted Warner and the guys to pull that one out. I tend to route for underdogs when I have no horse in the race, and that would have been a great win for the Cards.

KC and Oakland in SBs I and II.

Vikings in their last of the four they lost.

Denver against Dallas when they had the Orange Crush defense.

Any team that lost to Miami and N.E. in the SB.

GO BILLS!!!

Here's your flack. While the fishs record is still in tact, If N. England had beat the giants, we would still have a divisional rival owning the perfect season record. And that record could go longer than the current one. Imagine the Hoody owning that record? No upside to that win.

I wish KC had won super bowl I. KC had to beat us to get there. We should have been there.

1327797150[/url]' post='2372811']

Ugh...and have a lifetime of hearing about 19-0?????

I think I rooted harded for the Giants that day than I did during the Bills last Super Bowl.

Here's your flack. While the fishs record is still in tact, If N. England had beat the giants, we would still have a divisional rival owning the perfect season record. And that record could go longer than the current one. Imagine the Hoody owning that record? No upside to that win.

I wish KC had won super bowl I. KC had to beat us to get there. We should have been there.

It's been 40 YEARS for the fish. And I HATED Miami long before Brady was even born. You know what they say about first love-well it works for first hate. You think the Pat's get all the breaks? You don't remember the 70's dolphins with Shula[on the rules committee!]

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

It's been 40 YEARS for the fish. And I HATED Miami long before Brady was even born. You know what they say about first love-well it works for first hate. You think the Pat's get all the breaks? You don't remember the 70's dolphins with Shula[on the rules committee!]

Oh I agree 100% with the above. Its just that we would be trading one rock in AFCE hell for another. The Pats had owned us for not quite as long but its been just as painful. The Bills/Dolphins rivalry of the 70's was really something though. Unlike anything we have going now.

Edited by Best Player Available

Oh I agree 100% with the above. Its just that we would be trading on rock in AFCE hell for another. The Pats had owned us for not quite as long but its been just as painful. The Bills/Dolphins rivalry of the 70's was really something though. Unlike anything we have going now.

I was very fortunate to be at the goal post game when we finally beat Miami. Killer seats, on the 40 3 rows up on the Miami side. I could clearly hear Shula yelling "What are we doing out there!"

No way can NE ever compete with that. Like I said, first hate.