2012 Thursday, Sunday and Monday Night Games

HuSeYiN1978

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought playing thanksgiving night in toronto would work on so many levels, cleary the powers that be disagree. That siad you would think they would get at least a thursday night home game.

I just don't get why people love the night games. Personally, I dislike having to arrange around them. Either tired at work the next day or rushing out of work to get to the thurs/mon ones or anyone traveling having to take extra time off work. I personally prefer early games.

Edited by NoSaint

I just don't get why people love the night games. Personally, I dislike having to arrange around them. Either tired at work the next day or rushing out of work to get to the thurs/mon ones or anyone traveling having to take extra time off work. I personally prefer early games.

Well everyone's schedule is different... Me? I love the night games cuz I have to go pick my daughter up from her mother's house around 6pm so after I pick her up and come home it would be perfect to sit down and have dinner watching the Bills play the night game...

Well everyone's schedule is different... Me? I love the night games cuz I have to go pick my daughter up from her mother's house around 6pm so after I pick her up and come home it would be perfect to sit down and have dinner watching the Bills play the night game...

Some people's schedules are different but I'm saying a good majority have work in the morning. Also, because it's different than the norm, it's more likely to cause issues.

A Monday night game means anyone out of town needs to take Monday and possibly Tuesday off work to use their tickets. Locals working 9-5 have to hustle out of work (which gets worse and worse the further west you go) and get out of the stadium pretty late which always makes for a fun day at work the next morning....

My commentary was speaking to those going to the game primarily.

Edited by NoSaint

Some people's schedules are different but I'm saying a good majority have work in the morning. Also, because it's different than the norm, it's more likely to cause issues.

A Monday night game means anyone out of town needs to take Monday and possibly Tuesday off work to use their tickets. Locals working 9-5 have to hustle out of work (which gets worse and worse the further west you go) and get out of the stadium pretty late which always makes for a fun day at work the next morning....

My commentary was speaking to those going to the game primarily.

Well I was at the last monday night game against the.browns and from what I remember it was a full stadium and not 1 person sat down the whole game and I drove all the way from queens, n.y. so not that I'm disagreeing with you completely, if the Bills played a night game, Bill fans will watch. Don't worry...

Do you guys think the Bills did enough this past season to earn a couple or even ONE primetime nationally televised game?

Or maybe the better question is that there's 17 weeks in an NFL season with a Sunday night and a Monday night game every week and sometime in November they start putting in Thursday night games so I believe that there's a minimum of 30-40 nationally televised games every year being played. With there being 32 NFL teams in the league should it not be a rule that every team gets at least ONE primetime game? It's ridiculous how we always play at 1:00pm on Sundays.

How can we get the NFL's attention on this situation and maybe get them to put that in the rulebook as far as schedule planning goes before the season?

We lost 8 out of last 9 games, didn't we?

Well I was at the last monday night game against the.browns and from what I remember it was a full stadium and not 1 person sat down the whole game and I drove all the way from queens, n.y. so not that I'm disagreeing with you completely, if the Bills played a night game, Bill fans will watch. Don't worry...

Yea - i attend them too. That's clearly not what I was saying. I was getting at the fact that although everyone's excited for something special, it gets old quick. Perhaps I was spoiled with it for 5 of my last 7 home games being evening. Saturday night was fun but the rest arent that awesome.

Perhaps it was a reference to our QB saying that the team wasn't ready for success (i.e. Prime Time) in 2011. What makes you think that they will be ready in 2012? Will a light suddenly come on and everyone in the locker room decides, "OK, NOW we're ready!"?

Before the loss of a lot of our key (starters) players the bills were fun to watch and very competitive. With a strong draft andsome good FA signings, we should have a pretty good\competitive team. So why not have 1 primetime game!

Thtas not an issue. We all know Bills fans will watch, along with the opponents fans, the stadium will sell out too. But what about the rest of the country? Anyone outside of Bills and their opponents fans making sure they catch this game?

Thtas not an issue. We all know Bills fans will watch, along with the opponents fans, the stadium will sell out too. But what about the rest of the country? Anyone outside of Bills and their opponents fans making sure they catch this game?

All I know is this past season's MNF games had a lot of blowouts where you could turn your tv off or at least change the channel because the game was so one sided.

The Bills recent two MNF games although losses, were great games to watch. The nation will be at least watching a competitive game if the Bills were to play based on recent history so just give the damn Bills a prime-time game and call it a day.

Do you guys have any resources that say the last two MNF games the Bills played had low ratings? If you can dig up that resource then I'll accept not playing in prime-time games and watch the Bills at 1 o'clock.

Ummmmm maybe to ensure that fans that live all over the United States that can't afford to watch their favorite team on Sunday NFL ticket can have a chance to watch their team play a big game? Which would help the ratings out also.

Quite frankly it doesn't have to technically be a "rule" but according to the amount of televised games being played in a year every team can have at least ONE game. Then whoever the NFL considers "great teams" or a "great game to watch", they can also have those games played too... There's more than 30 primetime games a year which mean 2 teams play in every game... That makes it a minimum of 60 teams getting to play in those games meaning we can easily have every team in the NFL have not one but two televised games a year so asking for just one every year isn't that big a deal...

To be honest with you guys? I'm surprised you don't feel the way I do on this subject.

I'm even more surprised at the comment that dude made by saying our team is not ready for a big game... What fans we have... SMH

:thumbsup: That's what I'm saying...

Isn't that like making a rule that everyone should get to play?

I like the message to the owners. You want prime time exposure? Fix ur dam team ...

All I know is this past season's MNF games had a lot of blowouts where you could turn your tv off or at least change the channel because the game was so one sided.

The Bills recent two MNF games although losses, were great games to watch. The nation will be at least watching a competitive game if the Bills were to play based on recent history so just give the damn Bills a prime-time game and call it a day.

Do you guys have any resources that say the last two MNF games the Bills played had low ratings? If you can dig up that resource then I'll accept not playing in prime-time games and watch the Bills at 1 o'clock.

Your right, that 50 point blowout by the patriots was Sunday wasn't it?

Here's my evidence- tv execs have the job of maximizing ratings based on past performance and future expectations. The bills will possibly get a shot this year, but to be up in arms otherwise is nonsense.

Do you think the networks passes up on great rated bills games just to spite buffalo, or might there be credibility to the idea we actually are rating lower generally in our epic drought.

Do you guys think the Bills did enough this past season to earn a couple or even ONE primetime nationally televised game?

Or maybe the better question is that there's 17 weeks in an NFL season with a Sunday night and a Monday night game every week and sometime in November they start putting in Thursday night games so I believe that there's a minimum of 30-40 nationally televised games every year being played. With there being 32 NFL teams in the league should it not be a rule that every team gets at least ONE primetime game? It's ridiculous how we always play at 1:00pm on Sundays.

How can we get the NFL's attention on this situation and maybe get them to put that in the rulebook as far as schedule planning goes before the season?

Right!! And all players should get to play and everybody should get a trophy at the end!!

Right!! And all players should get to play and everybody should get a trophy at the end!!

You act like I'm out here boo hoo crying for a trophy... But the point is well taken from all of your comments. I'll love this loser team we got by my own means from now on. Not that you guys are less fans than me by any means but I definitely didn't expect all the negativity.

I'm pretty certain we can qualify for a Monday night game on the road against the Pats* after their bye week. Other than that...

we wont be playing the pats off their bye in a while, funny thing is my dad wrote a letter to the bills i think or the D&C addressing the fact that the pats would play the bills of their bye week every year and it went to the bills and ever since we havent. this was 2 years ago i think and we havent yet