Buffalo Bills Myth Busters Series

Sniper

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd sign Lindell to a three year 7.5 million dollar deal if I were Buddy. He deserves it.

Those numbers make sense to me. Lindell goes out there and does his job every year and is usually clutch. It would be a shame to underestimate his value because once he is gone it may be hard to get someone in here with the same level of success.

people think this because he had a rough start, i cant remember exactly what happened but i remember him sucking in some games early in hs Bills career whereas Cristie started hot and only had a few bad games toward the end. Also, Lindell was a cast-off that no one wanted or expected to be good. He is good though.

I agree. From my point of view I have always thought of Moorman as overrated. Moormans distance on his punts is in the top tier but he is "mid tier" for everything else. I think he is poor at pinning punts within the 10 yard line.

Isn't the official stat punts within the 20-yard line?

Isn't the official stat punts within the 20-yard line?

There is definitely one for within the 20 yard line but what I have noticed "within the 10" it doesn't happen all that much. Often I watch other "non Bills" games where the punter pins it within the 5 twice in a game. How often do we get that from Moorman? I can't recall.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

There is definitely one for within the 20 yard line but what I have noticed "within the 10" it doesn't happen all that much. Often I watch other "non Bills" games where the punter pins it within the 5 twice in a game. How often do we get that from Moorman? I can't recall.

I seem to recall Moorman doing this all the time several years ago. I'm not sure if it's different coverage guys, different coaching, Moorman getting old or all of the above,but he doesn't pin them deep like he used to. He can still boot it a country mile though.

I think he is alright. However, it could be argued that he has never had to kick under pressure. He may have had some game winners, but he has NEVER had to kick in a playoff game. And, of the game winners, how many were "important". What I mean is, were they the game winning kicks during say, the 14th game of of a 4-12 season?

I don't think we really know what we have in Lindell, and I wouldn't break the bank for him.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I don't think we really know what we have in Lindell, and I wouldn't break the bank for him.

Yeah. Maybe we could save some money and sign a guy like Billy Cundiff.

Seriously there have been some critics of Lindell but it seems like most Bills fans are pretty happy with him for the most part.

I always thought the most common criticism of him was his lack of depth on his kickoffs.

Here's the thing about field goal kickers… you expect them to be good but when you have a below average guy (like Dave Rayner for instance), you really appreciate having a competent kicker.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Yeah. Maybe we could save some money and sign a guy like Billy Cundiff.

Seriously there have been some critics of Lindell but it seems like most Bills fans are pretty happy with him for the most part.

I always thought the most common criticism of him was his lack of depth on his kickoffs.

Here's the thing about field goal kickers… you expect them to be good but when you have a below average guy (like Dave Rayner for instance), you really appreciate having a competent kicker.

I think he is fine. But like I said, he hasn't really been in any high pressure situations. I can't think of any at least, can you? Do you disagree?

I seem to recall Moorman doing this all the time several years ago. I'm not sure if it's different coverage guys, different coaching, Moorman getting old or all of the above,but he doesn't pin them deep like he used to. He can still boot it a country mile though.

THIS - Moorman 2+ yeras ago was a legit pro-bowler, who often lost out barely to Lechler(sp?) of the Raiders who was also amazing.

Moorman's play dropped off a bit - coincidentally or not - when April left and DeHaven took over. That could just be age - I'm not ready to blame DeHaven.

I do think - subjectively - that Moorman was noticeably better this past season than he was in 2010.