Fitz: Team wasn't ready to be successful

Beerball

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what's so scary about those quotes. Fitz is supposed to be the leader and the face of the franchise. Who spoke up when things were bad? Dareus a rookie! I'm as big of a homer/excuse maker as the next guy (ok maybe not as much as PTR but still) but this is a bad situation. I'll again state that these PROFESSIONAL athletes should not have to learn how to win or how to deal with winning - most come from either a very succesful high school or college team. This speaks volumes about the culture of the entire organization and again is a very scary statement. This to me is akin to Jauron's "it's hard to win in the nfl."

I'm with you on Upshaw and think that "the culture" needs to be one of excellence "the Yankee or (eff me for even saying this but) the Patriot way."

....and it starts at the top!

I pretty much agree with these comments. After reading Fitzs pop Warner style (coaches) excuses,I had to cringe, Then Dareus came to mind. When Dareus asked too address the team late in the season, I would have liked to have heard those comments. The guy is a winner, has a winners attitude and I will go out on a limb and say I doubt he agrees with Fitzs excuse(s). He probably would say. Speak for yourself Mr. quarterback. This is one of the most absurd comments I have read from any Bill in a long time. Being a career clip board holder and just asked to be ready to come in if the starter goes down is a tough job. Being handed the keys to the bus and being told your our guy for some is apparently too much pressure. I understand. Buddy take note! Don't care if Fitz says the team was all part of this a leader would never say this. And Kim Kelly never did per someone elses "memory" This is not a young maturing team. This is a team that needs arguably 12 to 15 quality starters if they want too compete in the AFCE. It starts right there.Currently, There are ZERO wide receivers signed that have NFL talent. Maybe like someone else said if they quit growing beards, trading t-shirts, stiffing paid appearances because they believe they have "arrived", also stop practicing TD celebrations in front of a mirror. And maybe spend that wasted time watching film for next weeks opponents and learn the playbook, so when one of them drops a sure TD right through their hands, they will not have to say it was a"miscomunication" I don't like it and these guys are far from being ready for prime time. Some said the team was shedding their losers image. I see no evidence of that. This disaster of a season is not all the DC coordinators fault. These are paid professional athletes and the pressure of winning is too much at game 6 in the regular season? Laughable.

I call Fitz: F$tzmoney because he got the money and returned to his normal average self. He knew what to do to get that cash in his pocket. And what the hell is this comment all about really? Who comes out and says "We weren't ready for success". I dont even know what he means. So he is saying hey we are a bunch of crappy players who couldnt handle winning, so we sucked. Well that's hell of an attitude from the Franchise QB of the Buffalo Bills. We suck, so when we didnt suck for that little bit, we had to start to suck again because thats who we are. Oh and I got paid so I can care less. F$tzmoney will start next year. I dont know if he finishes the year as the starter, but he will be the starter day one.