OT: Colts hire new coach

merlin

It's just speculation, but if he was somewhat healthier--we would've all heard the good news by now!

Even if he plays a single down this year...will Peyton Manning, be Peyton Manning?

As for the new Colts coach, I've read nothing but great things about him...

Coached for the Ravens, Browns, Raiders...U of Miami, UNLV, USC, Boise & East Carolina

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I think Peyton is done in Indy and probably the NFL entirely. The Colts cleaned house and never asked Peyton's opinion on it. In years past Peyton had alot of say in the offense and coaching staff he had around him. Due to his injury and the uncertain status he is a liabliity and will probably be cut.

I heard this morning that there are rumors out there that Peyton doesn't have all the feeling back in his throwing arm. Since it is a nerve injury and there is no guarantee that it will grow back why would the Colts keep him and pay 28 million dollars to him in March?

If Peyton came back it would be a huge mistake. He has millions of dollars, a SB ring, and his whole life ahead of him.

Peyton would probably be a great QB coach or offensive Coordinator. If he wants to stay in football he should do that.

Peyton has a future in TV and acting. SNL showed how funny he can be. (the United Way bit is a classic!) He can walk away now with his ticket to Canton punched. He has a ring, and his future earning potential is strong.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Indianapolis Star is reporting that Colts have hired Baltimore DC Chuch Pagano to be their new head coach.

Doesn't sound like they intend to keep Peyton ...

good, the Colts owner is an idiot, a rich idiot ...but still an idiot.

The starting QB gets a severe injury so he decides to rebuild the entire team, and unless he hires a top OC & DC he will realize his new GM's choice for a head coach was lame

Great just what this team needs another hotshot coordinator for a coach. Why can't they just spend the money and bring in someone proven like Cowher or Gruden. I'll tell you why because Ralph is ch...wait did you say the Colts? Ah good for them!

Peyton has a future in TV and acting. SNL showed how funny he can be. (the United Way bit is a classic!) He can walk away now with his ticket to Canton punched. He has a ring, and his future earning potential is strong.

PTR

Competitors don't quit but he may not have choice.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

What was the theory regarding Manning's status and the firing of Bill Polian?

Seems like a lot of people here were claiming some sort of linkage.

From what they are saying on Sirius, Manning had no say in any of the decisions. In all probability he will not play in Indy. If he plays, I think he will go to the Jets.

Marvin Lewis, Rex Ryan, Mike Nolan, Chuck Pagano...

Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata, and others...

Which group do you think deserves the credit for the Ravens defensive dominance for the last decade or more?

None. It's the GM and Ray Lewis.

Those players give those coaches great names.

Edited by DukeyBomb