OT: Colts hire new coach

merlin

Peyton has a future in TV and acting. SNL showed how funny he can be. (the United Way bit is a classic!) He can walk away now with his ticket to Canton punched. He has a ring, and his future earning potential is strong.

PTR

He should walk away. He has a family and one more ding to that neck and who knows...

Indianapolis Star is reporting that Colts have hired Baltimore DC Chuch Pagano to be their new head coach.

Doesn't sound like they intend to keep Peyton ...

Pagano will converting from the Indy cover-2 with an over abundance of small players to an attacking 3-4 players

Let's see how long it takes them to make the switch.

They are already lightyears ahead of the Bills since they have a defensive coach who knows what he is doing.

my guess is that after 3 years they aren't switching to some other defense with their team in total chaos

Peyton has a future in TV and acting. SNL showed how funny he can be. (the United Way bit is a classic!) He can walk away now with his ticket to Canton punched. He has a ring, and his future earning potential is strong.

PTR

Bingo. Plus he could certainly get a job as a QB coach if not a OC. By everything I read he had an office with the Colts coaches and was more or less an assistant OC the past few seasons anyway. He absolutely has many post playing options.

I also think he would be better than any of the player talking heads that the networks employ now.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Marvin Lewis, Rex Ryan, Mike Nolan, Chuck Pagano...

Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata, and others...

Which group do you think deserves the credit for the Ravens defensive dominance for the last decade or more?

Good point. I'll also add in Mike Singletary. The Baltimore DCs seem to have a dubious track record as HCs at best.