assuming we draft bpa...

I think its OT/DE/OLB. OT (Left) is what is crippling our offense. We need to put on a heavy pass rush and a DE and OLB are critical pieces to that puzzle.

agreed. These are the 3 biggest needs in my opinion.

Fitz is serviceable. I would love an upgrade but that would not be a top priority.

I think its OT/DE/OLB. OT (Left) is what is crippling our offense. We need to put on a heavy pass rush and a DE and OLB are critical pieces to that puzzle.

this is right along the lines of what i was thinking with the exception that i would take best availeable ol in general and not limited to ot. the logic behind that being that i would love to put another player in there with wood and levitre and the best of the rest. i mean if bpa is a tackle, then great. but if i can get a guard to throw in there that's strong as an ox and really mean, i'll take that.

GB - LT - Chad Clifton(All pro). They don;t have a premier DE, but Matthews makes up for it.

NE - Mayo and Spikes are very good LB. Welker is a HOF caliber WR. Their DBs are not great, admittedly but benefir from great players around them

Obviously, it is difficult to get all pro's everywhere. My point is that the talent on the team needs to be upgraded drastically.

I don't think there is one position on the roster that I would say we are 100% set except RB

Clifton is not an all pro, nor has he ever been named to an all pro team. I get your point, but from this most recent post it seems what you are saying is that you need a few players who can make those around them better, not necessarily an all pro at each of those positions.

Edited by Carey Bender

FIXED!

Just out of curiosity how do you define a franchise QB statistically, how many of them are in the league and where would we get this supposedly "franchise" QB?????

I can't stand the franchise QB discussion. For example Aaron Rogers is Franchise but he has some of the best WR in the league and he was out played by his backup. Another example is Drew Brees. We would have run him out of town too like San Diego before he got some WRs and a good scheme put around him and saw what he could really do. We look at these guys in a vacuum and ignore everything else they are surrounded by that contributes to their success.

You have to stop looking at these imaginary franchise QBs as messiahs that you can't win without. Put good talent around a smart decisions maker with some balls and all of a sudden he is franchise. Get a clue. Franchise QBs are as much made by the talent around them and the scheme as they are born a franchise QB. Answer those questions first before you whine that Fitz isn't good enough. Look at Kurt Warner as well. How franchise was he when he was stocking shelves? All of a sudden with Mike Martz, Issac Bruce, Torry Holt and Marshall Faulk he becomes franchise. He goes to the Giants and he sucks again with no line and no WRs. He goes to Arizona with Fitgerald and Bolden and he is franchise again. Come on man!

Thank you - Thank you & Thank you again It's great to read a reply that the person get's it . There are a few exceptional talents in the NFL but as you said with the Bills fan base they would have been run out of town .

I sometimes think that with SOME of the QB's we have had here that with the right coach , the right scheme 7 & again as you said the right talent around them they may have done a lot better !! To save on the ridicule i won't say who i think they are , i get enough of that normally on here !!!

Wait.

I thought BPA was regardless of position. If the best player available is a running back, you take him, if you are drafting BPA, right?

absolutely, but the point of my post was pretty much if all things are equal, and we could get bpa at 3 positions in the first 3 rounds, which positions would you want to see filled? or which would you feel would have the most potential impact.

Thank you - Thank you & Thank you again It's great to read a reply that the person get's it . There are a few exceptional talents in the NFL but as you said with the Bills fan base they would have been run out of town .

I sometimes think that with SOME of the QB's we have had here that with the right coach , the right scheme 7 & again as you said the right talent around them they may have done a lot better !! To save on the ridicule i won't say who i think they are , i get enough of that normally on here !!!

i would have loved to see j.p. losman coached up. i appreciated that he really wanted to be a part of the community as well as the quarterback, that kind of stuff goes a long way with me. plus, he had a cannon for an arm and a really good relationship with evens, i remember thinking they could be our modern era kelly/reed.

No disrespect but what crippled our offense was the turnover machine @ QB. Without a top guy it's to win in this league. And he is in the bottom half of this league..... easily.

if all things are equal when we are selecting players in the upcoming draft, which 3 positions would you like to see adressed and why? you can give specific player names if you want or just go with a generalized hypothetical. in oreder or no specific order. hope this turns out to be fun and pass a little time between now and then.

i'd like something close to...

1. most destructive available de to complement the peices we have on the d-line.

2. most explosive and intelligent available olb.

3. nastiest ol available with an addiction to contact.

contradictory.

if we are picking the bpa. i want the bpa so be it if he is a cb, lt, de, wr or qb. take him. if i am picking what i like i will rank it. if we assume everybody is the same there is no need to use bpa.

Yes. All-Pro.

And yes. There are several teams that have them.

GB, Pitt, NE, NO. You know, the good teams.

ugh...yes the pro bowl is full of all the starters from just these 4 teams. c'mon man. assuming no injuries we most likely have wilson, jackson, wood, and williams in the probowl this past year. it's a good start. the reality is that teams generally don't put together teams with entirely "all-pro" line ups, and when they do, see philly.

if all things are equal when we are selecting players in the upcoming draft, which 3 positions would you like to see adressed and why? you can give specific player names if you want or just go with a generalized hypothetical. in oreder or no specific order. hope this turns out to be fun and pass a little time between now and then.

i'd like something close to...

1. most destructive available de to complement the peices we have on the d-line.

2. most explosive and intelligent available olb.

3. nastiest ol available with an addiction to contact.

doesn't this go against BPA?

GB - LT - Chad Clifton(All pro). They don;t have a premier DE, but Matthews makes up for it.

NE - Mayo and Spikes are very good LB. Welker is a HOF caliber WR. Their DBs are not great, admittedly but benefir from great players around them

Obviously, it is difficult to get all pro's everywhere. My point is that the talent on the team needs to be upgraded drastically.

I don't think there is one position on the roster that I would say we are 100% set except RB

MLB and DT.. Barnett and darius are effing gamers kyle and shep solid too. if you can't agree the bills are solid there, then you basically just bhitshing....

1. 4-3 DE

2. 4-3 OLB

3. WR/TE

1 & 2 b/c screw the 3-4. We were late jumping on that bandwagon & our personnel is better suited for 4-3. If we add a big time DE and OLB the defense is solid & we can start focusing on the fun side of the ball.

3 Because we need another threat in the passing game. Nelson & Jones have had their moments, and Easley might well show us something at some point, but we need someone besides Stevie that teams need to adjust for to keep them honest.