Pats fans not buying SB tickets

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a fan can't handle cold weather they they are p :censored: !!!I;ll say it again Putrid Fans KNOW the team doesn't deserve to be there. So to save face and ridicule that will stay home!

I wonder what the % of home town fans were for last 3 years?

I have a hard time believing price alone is scaring away the Bostonians.

PTR

How is the winter weather there? Can you golf?

PTR

Although Seatle is a top notch city, the weather is not nice enough there this time of year to merit consideration. They don't get alot if any snow but this time of year temps are usually in the mid to upper 40s & there is always at least a 20-30% chance of rain.

Believe me dallas is in the mix on stadium alone. Once you add in the influence that Jerry has with the league, there is noway he had a billion dollar stadium built if he was not guaranteed a super bowl every 5-7 years.

Although Seatle is a top notch city, the weather is not nice enough there this time of year to merit consideration. They don't get alot if any snow but this time of year temps are usually in the mid to upper 40s & there is always at least a 20-30% chance of rain.

Believe me dallas is in the mix on stadium alone. Once you add in the influence that Jerry has with the league, there is noway he had a billion dollar stadium built if he was not guaranteed a super bowl every 5-7 years.

I'm sure Dallas has lots of nice restaurants and clubs, and plenty of golf courses, etc, but I never thought of it as a destination city. Maybe I'm wrong. But I agree about Jerruh flexing his muscles. Maybe next time he'll get those temp bleachers inspected before he sells them.

If Dallas then why not Houston?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm sure Dallas has lots of nice restaurants and clubs, and plenty of golf courses, etc, but I never thought of it as a destination city. Maybe I'm wrong. But I agree about Jerruh flexing his muscles. Maybe next time he'll get those temp bleachers inspected before he sells them.

If Dallas then why not Houston?

PTR

I'm pretty sure they hosted one in 2004

How many of all tickets have been purchased by residents of NE?

Just 7 percent of Super Bowl ticket purchases on the prominent selling exchange StubHub came from Massachusetts residents.... Less than 2.5 percent of the tickets sold came from residents in Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont. (Connecticut has loyalists on both sides.) New Yorkers, meanwhile, grabbed 13 percent of the tickets. New Jersey residents, where the Giants actually play, bought 8 percent.

Story from 1/23/12. The numbers may have changes since.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I see Atlanta as a Dallas or Houston, big city, okay weather, but not much else. Am I wrong?

PTR

I mean it has the infra structure, and a lot of history,plus I like it better than both Dallas and Houston personally, but yea other than that.............

Story from 1/23/12. The numbers may have changes since.

PTR

Reread my question. You keep posting the Stubhub data--a single ticket resale site. Others here have already pointed out that this reflects only a fraction of toal tickets available.

I asked how may of the total tickets available for the game are now in the hands of NE residents. I assume you know since you claim they are not buying tickets.

Reread my question. You keep posting the Stubhub data--a single ticket resale site. Others here have already pointed out that this reflects only a fraction of toal tickets available.

I asked how may of the total tickets available for the game are now in the hands of NE residents. I assume you know since you claim they are not buying tickets.

I claim nothing. I am posting articles saying Pats fans aren't buying. No different than anyone else posting a link to a story for discussion.

PTR

Bad news for all of you who ripped Indy as a Super Bowl city. Celebs, media, fans of the Pats and Giants, NFL execs, corporate folks...they're all singing the city's praises. Sure, we lucked out with incredible weather (at least for this time of the year), but it goes way beyond that. We know how to put on a major sports event in this town...even the biggest one of them all. Flame away if you'd like, but the city of Indianapolis wins. Only thing that could have been better is if the Bills were in it.

For the people nay saying Atlanta I am alittle confused because from my understanding Atlanta has really come a long way into being a bigtime nightlife city over the last decade or so? The stadium is in a dome, its a large city? Why doesn't anybody think they will get Super Bowls?

For the people nay saying Atlanta I am alittle confused because from my understanding Atlanta has really come a long way into being a bigtime nightlife city over the last decade or so? The stadium is in a dome, its a large city? Why doesn't anybody think they will get Super Bowls?

It's a nice city. Never been to the stadium but in every other way I'd say it beats Indy, Dallas, and a lot of other cities.

I claim nothing. I am posting articles saying Pats fans aren't buying. No different than anyone else posting a link to a story for discussion.

PTR

Actually, you claim "Pats fans not buying SB tickets". That link doesn't support your claim.

Atlanta will get a Super Bowl again when they build their new stadium.

The Georgia Dome as you know was built for the Olympics and for numerous reasons it's not an ideal venue for NFL football.

The team and city are talking about building an open air football stadium.

When that happens, Atlanta will be back in the rotation.

Bad news for all of you who ripped Indy as a Super Bowl city. Celebs, media, fans of the Pats and Giants, NFL execs, corporate folks...they're all singing the city's praises. Sure, we lucked out with incredible weather (at least for this time of the year), but it goes way beyond that. We know how to put on a major sports event in this town...even the biggest one of them all. Flame away if you'd like, but the city of Indianapolis wins. Only thing that could have been better is if the Bills were in it.

The reporter for ABC was just saying on the news this morning that out of the 10 SB he's covered, Indy has the nicest people from the host city.