Illegal contact only called because Brady threw and interception

We've all seen this before: Something bad happens to the Pats. But wait, there's a flag!! 1st and 10 Patriots! The Illegal contact penalty on Webb that nullified Pollards INT was absolute BS. In the replay, you can see Edelman crash into Webb, push off, get in perfect position for the ball with seperation (which was throw perfectly at his hands). Then he failed to make the easy catch. He pops it up for and easy INT, and that's when the flag came out- AFTER the INT. But how can there be a flag when the reciever wasn't held up and was in perfect position to make the catch?? There is light contact between DBs and WRs like that on every play. The Patriots own the refs. Does anyone still doubt that NFL refs, being the lowest paid refs of any pro sport, aren't being manipulated by outside influences?

Edited by mountainwampus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've all seen this before: Something bad happens to the Pats. But wait, there's a flag!! 1st and 10 Patriots! The Illegal contact penalty on Webb that nullified Pollards INT was absolute BS. In the replay, you can see Edelman crash into Webb, push off, get in perfect position for the ball with seperation (which was throw perfectly at his hands). Then he failed to make the easy catch. He pops it up for and easy INT, and that's when the flag came out- AFTER the INT. But how can there be a flag when the reciever wasn't held up and was in perfect position to make the catch?? There is light contact between DBs and WRs like that on every play. The Patriots own the refs. Does anyone still doubt that NFL refs, being the lowest paid refs of any pro sport, aren't being manipulated by outside influences?

I disagreed with that call but it was called so I dealt with it. I was fine right up until the end of the game when the Baltimore receiver was mugged on the last offensive attempt. There was no call and not a mention was made of the fact that the DB had both hands on the receiver pulling his jersey until the ball got there. That made me a little angry.

I disagreed with that call but it was called so I dealt with it. I was fine right up until the end of the game when the Baltimore receiver was mugged on the last offensive attempt. There was no call and not a mention was made of the fact that the DB had both hands on the receiver pulling his jersey until the ball got there. That made me a little angry.

I feel like the Pats were outplayed. The Ravens were outRef'd. The refs used a systematic approach to help the Pats whenever they needed it. That INT would've killed the pats momentum. Instead they got 3 points. If the illegal contact was real, the flag should've come immediately, not 2 seconds later after an INT (you can see the flag come late in the replay)... I just can't let it go. We've lost too many times to the Pats on similar shady calls. Remember "Just give it to him" ?? (early 2000's) when the Bills left the field early in protest. And too many to count since.

I noticed that also. They call a lame illegal contact on the Ravens after Brady throws an INT yet let that obvious penalty go. And reporters will say "you can't blame the refs. You have to be able to overcome the bad calls" Well, I say yes you can blame refs sometimes. Games are so close that bad calls or non calls can decide a game. It's a shame.

Edited by first_and_ten

I can't believe I'm defending the Pats, but that was a flat-out obvious penalty - the type that gets called all the time (and rightly so).

I can't believe I'm defending the Pats, but that was a flat-out obvious penalty - the type that gets called all the time (and rightly so).

Yet, it was only called ONCE in that game despite a lot of contact between WRs and DBs on both sides. That much contact occurs on 90% of all NFL snaps. Also, the INT had nothing to do with contact, it was just bad recieving. I don't know. I must just be biased and bitter. I hate Brady.

Welker crashed into Webb. It was a BS call.

Sorry. Thought it was Edelman. Thanks for correcting and agreeing :)

For someone known for having the best hands, Welker sure does pop a lot of balls into the air.

Edited by mountainwampus

no matter what, if Tom Brady got in my face after that first down he ran. I would have grabbed his face mask and and twisted till his head popped off. He isnt big enough to be acting like a bad boy. Patriots will get stomped by the Giants. They barely pulled out of that game. Of course the 2 teams I never want to see in a Superbowl again, ( Steelers and Patriots ) one of them actually makes it. Kinda ruins the Superbowl experience this year. GO GIANTS!

It really is pathetic around here. Pats lose " see I told you they suck! Can't cheat no more!" Pats win "See! They paid off the ref!"

Worry about the Bills.

It is the same affliction that affects the Bills- the point is that no team is invulnerable from the Cheatriots* favoritism.