The Official Mitt Romney thread

I can only take exception to one item above. Royalties are not the same as tax's. If I let you take oil out of my ground to sell[or use my copyrighted song, computer program,etc] each time you take or use my property I am compensated. You make money from my property, so do I. Tax's are when the government notices you made money from my property and so did I and comes in to take their share, even though they contributed nothing. Big difference.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He makes his money the same way I make my money," Buffett said. "He makes money by moving around big bucks, not by straining his back or going to work and cleaning toilets or whatever it may be. He makes it shoving around money."

Yup. Why should someone who doesn't work pay a lower rate than a cop on the street risking his life?

Yup. Why should someone who doesn't work pay a lower rate than a cop on the street risking his life?

I think you've hit on something huge, Dave. All tax rates should be specific to occupational risk. A lumberjack or policeman should be subject to lower capital gains tax than say a teacher. Its common sense, because financial risk and health risk are virtually indistinguishable and fair is fair.

Of course not all cops face the same risk, therefore taxation should account for the regional crime statistics, departmental funding, access to weapons, amount of street lighting, etc. If you walk a beat in Boise, that fat dividend you received should be taxed at a higher rate than a cop with the same investment who patrols Bed-Stuy. Of course we'll need a substantially larger government to administer the new Norfolk tax code.

So people who make a lot of money don't work? Only people that cleant toilets and walk a beat work? Man you really are a hoot you know that.

I bet Romeny and people like him have lost a hell of a lot more sleep over their "work" that you ever will.

So people who make a lot of money don't work? Only people that cleant toilets and walk a beat work? Man you really are a hoot you know that.

I bet Romeny and people like him have lost a hell of a lot more sleep over their "work" that you ever will.

Bet? 10k?

I'm sure old Mitt really works hard shifting that cash around.

He's making 45 million a year running for president, you know that don't you? You understand what I'm saying?

Bet? 10k?

He's making 45 million a year running for president, you know that don't you? You understand what I'm saying?

Yeah that running for President is some cushy ass job. Damn you're weak.

People that make a lot of money moving other people's money around have no stress what so ever. It's easy work...trust me. :rolleyes:

Yeah that running for President is some cushy ass job. Damn you're weak.

People that make a lot of money moving other people's money around have no stress what so ever. It's easy work...trust me. :rolleyes:

But for 45 million dollars it's worth all the stress!

It's so stressful he had to take on the unstressful hobby of running for president

Ya, he's earning that 45 mill the old fashion way.....

You are too easy

Bet? 10k?

What the hell are you talking about? 45 million a year by running for president?

But for 45 million dollars it's worth all the stress!

It's so stressful he had to take on the unstressful hobby of running for president

Ya, he's earning that 45 mill the old fashion way.....

You are too easy

This coming from someone who dreams of making $45k someday. :lol:

What doesn earning money the old fashioned way even mean? You've been watching too many commercials.

This coming from someone who dreams of making $45k someday. :lol:

What doesn earning money the old fashioned way even mean? You've been watching too many commercials.

Your ignorance....well....your ignorance.

You basically admit I beat you--surprise, surprise--by launching a personal attack on me based on something you have absolutely no information at all about? Why so stupid? Even Alaska Darin isn't that dumb, and that's saying something!

I haven't been watching too many commercials, Ive responded to too many of your incredibly ignorant posts, is all

You basically admit I beat you--surprise, surprise--by launching a personal attack on me based on something you have absolutely no information at all about? Why so stupid? Even Alaska Darin isn't that dumb, and that's saying something!

I haven't been watching too many commercials, Ive responded to too many of your incredibly ignorant posts, is all

It's fun to watch you try to be smart. Like playing with lab mice.

I never thought I'd say it, but I think you're right Dave. I get it now. We should tax capital gains at 50%, maybe even 60%. I mean, that's bull **** that Warren Buffet's secretary has to pay income tax on her income while Mitt Romney gets to pay capital gains tax on his capital gains. Where's the social justice?

I know, I know, jacking up taxes on capital gains will suppress investment which in turn will slow the economy thus costing innumerable jobs, primarily to the middle class and those tryiing to ascend to upper middle class';but !@#$ em. What's important is that we get these rich ass mother!@#$ers like Mitt.

Just because he invests the millions he earned producing wealth and creating jobs into projects that create more wealth and more jobs does not mean he should get a proportional return on his investment. And who cares if he doesn't invest it? If he really wanted to help the economy he'd squander his money like an NBA draft pick because everyone knows it's spending, not investment and production, that fuels the economy. I mean after all. If everyone wants eggs and you don't have enough eggs, are you going to create more eggs or give people more dollars with which to chase the same number of eggs? More dollars, right. I don't know why it's so hard for these right wing morons to grasp the concept.

I never thought I'd say it, but I think you're right Dave. I get it now. We should tax capital gains at 50%, maybe even 60%. I mean, that's bull **** that Warren Buffet's secretary has to pay income tax on her income while Mitt Romney gets to pay capital gains tax on his capital gains. Where's the social justice?

I know, I know, jacking up taxes on capital gains will suppress investment which in turn will slow the economy thus costing innumerable jobs, primarily to the middle class and those tryiing to ascend to upper middle class';but !@#$ em. What's important is that we get these rich ass mother!@#$ers like Mitt.

Just because he invests the millions he earned producing wealth and creating jobs into projects that create more wealth and more jobs does not mean he should get a proportional return on his investment. And who cares if he doesn't invest it? If he really wanted to help the economy he'd squander his money like an NBA draft pick because everyone knows it's spending, not investment and production, that fuels the economy. I mean after all. If everyone wants eggs and you don't have enough eggs, are you going to create more eggs or give people more dollars with which to chase the same number of eggs? More dollars, right. I don't know why it's so hard for these right wing morons to grasp the concept.

Never forget: The government needs more money, the economy needs less.

So I'm ignorant with regard to the stress involved in managing other people's money? Ok...got it.