The Official Mitt Romney thread

He is a smart guy who earned his money and knows the tax loopholes. Big deal.

The problem is the perception amongst middle-America.

Tax loopholes? Try tax laws.

I paid 30% Why should Mitt, who is making more in one year than I make in my lifetime pay half in percentage than what I pay? Sorry this just doesn't fly.

So it's Romney's fault you don't know what the !@#$ you're doing??

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How 'bout in absolute dollars? Care to compare yourself against Mitt?

It's also highly unlikely that your effective federal income tax rate was 30%, unless you make over $300K, live in a no tax state, don't have kids and don't own any property.

He probably only gets taxed at 20%, but gives another 10% to the government voluntarily. Because, y'know, the government can use his money more responsibly than he can. Hell, they created it to begin with.

GAME.....

SET.......

MATCH!!!

really? on avg those making 200k to 1 mil are paying significantly more. that would include many of the small business owners yall have so much hope for rebuilding the economy. why should they pay more than mitt?

really? on avg those making 200k to 1 mil are paying significantly more. that would include many of the small business owners yall have so much hope for rebuilding the economy. why should they pay more than mitt?

According to last year's report from the Internal Revenue Service, as a percentage of Adjusted Gross Income,................... 97 percent ..............of 2009 filers paid less than 15 percent:

Stop counting other peoples money you envious prick!

This is what I'm talking about. When we pay more of a % in taxes than Mitt it hits us way harder.

If Mit is following the laws in place, whats the problem then?

This is what I'm talking about. When we pay more of a % in taxes than Mitt it hits us way harder.

Listen dipshit... Try getting this through that fat skull of yours

According to last year's report from the Internal Revenue Service, as a percentage of Adjusted Gross Income,................... 97 percent ..............of 2009 filers paid less than 15 percent:

Let me spell this out for you, 97 percent which means 32 out of 33 people paid less as a percentage of Adjusted Gross Income than Mitt Romney.

Let me repeat that for you again. 32 outof 33 people paid less as a percentage of Adjusted Gross Income than Mitt Romney.

Got it?

Now stop counting other peoples money. People who do that, SUCK!

Now stop counting other peoples money. People who do that, SUCK!

That should be on a Mitt Romney bumper sticker.

It's stunning to me how easy some people find it to tell us what they think someone else should or should not be paying in taxes. The liberals are batschitt crazy about Mitt Romney's tax rate, but never say a word...not a single word...about the tax rate paid by GE.

Corporate vs. personal, I know. But I'm just sayin'...if you really care about inequities in tax rates, GE would seem to be a pretty good place to start.

But no. Liberals would rather Mittpick* because it serves their narrative better.

*Note that when people start using the phrase Mittpicking during the election to refer to all the stupid little things liberals don't like about Mitt Romney to divert attention away from the incompetence of Obama, remember who coined the phrase here first. :lol:

I paid 30% Why should Mitt, who is making more in one year than I make in my lifetime pay half in percentage than what I pay? Sorry this just doesn't fly.

Actually Mitt has much of his wealth in his IRA so whenever it's cashed in, he'll have to treat is as ordinary income.

http://http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204468004577168972507188592.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories

That's some pretty dumb planning on his part. 70 1/2 is going to suck for him.

For the record (though I'm not American), my marginal tax rate is about 38% (Emoticons don't work)

Edited by meazza