Thoner, you owe me $93

Ozymandius

Here was our bet. I'll quote you:

I don’t think he will get many sacks at all.

You pay me a dollar for every game he doesn’t get a sack, and ill pay you ten dollars every game he gets a minimum of 1 sack (half sacks are a push). PS games wont count because they play backups and starters only part time. I will make a lot more money than you.

Here are Miller's stats

I count 10 games in which he got sacks = $100 for me

I count 7 games with no sacks = $7 for you

There was 1 game that he got half a sack which I'll call a draw.

$100 - $7 = $93.

You can pay up now or continue this bet next season to see if you can get some of your money back. I'll leave the choice up to you.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember reading that and thinking at the time that Thoner's over-the-top Von Miller hatred had just forced his fingers to write a check that his pocketbook wouldn't want to cash later...

all it would take was one sack to pretty much break even - two games and he was in the hole. I wasnt a huge fan but those arent friendly odds on a top pick guy whos sole job was going to be getting pressure. dumb luck says hed eventually get one, even if he was bad.

Here are Miller's stats

$100 - $7 = $93.

You can pay up now or continue this bet next season to see if you can get some of your money back. I'll leave the choice up to you.

I think that you got your math wrong, but he would owe.

He said that he'll pay you $10 per GAME where he gets a sack, NOT $10 per sack.

So, if 1/2 sacks are a wash, there a 9 games with a sack, thus Thoner owes $90- $7= $83

So, if 1/2 sacks are a wash, there a 9 games with a sack, thus Thoner owes $90- $7= $83

Good luck on collecting, posters have a tendency to fade away into the night on bets for cash, got burned on a $100 bet over Trent and Pushthepile never posted here again(under the same alias)

I'm not saying the poster you bet with will do this,(OP) but the odds are against you in my opinion.

Edited by Fig Newton

Good luck on collecting, posters have a tendency to fade away into the night on bets for cash, got burned on a $100 bet over Trent and Pushthepile never posted here again(under the same alias)

I'm not saying the poster you bet with will do this,(OP) but the odds are against you in my opinion.

Agreed.

Then you would always get the "I was just kidding" excuse from the debtee.

Here are Miller's stats

$100 - $7 = $93.

That was really a stupid bet on Thoner's part. Even if Miller only had 2 games where he got a sack, Thoner would lose money. The only way he could have won is if Miller only had Zero or One sack.

Agreed.

Then you would always get the "I was just kidding" excuse from the debtee.

true that,

although mine was a sure bet, all joking aside and I made it with Trent sitting on the bench at the time with the odds stacked against me.(I'm honest to a fault and would have paid the man)

Edited by Fig Newton

No, I did it right (counted games, not total sacks -- Miller actually had 12.5 sacks overall). 10 games with at least one sack, 1 game with a half sack, and 7 games with no sacks.

Quite possible. Let's just hope Thoner has more honor than that.

No, I did it right (counted games, not total sacks -- Miller actually had 12.5 sacks overall). 10 games with at least one sack, 1 game with a half sack, and 7 games with no sacks.

Sorry, man. Just went back to make sure that I was not an idiot.

There are 9 games with a sack.

IF you are not counting 1/2 sacks, then it is 9.

The game with 2.0 sacks counts as 1, as it was per GAME, and not per SACK.

Quite possible. Let's just hope Thoner has more honor than that.

Check payable to ozymandius.

Thoner is probably done with the tsw now. A few weeks back he said he was done with the bills in the shout box and jumped on the tebow bandwagon. I've seen him post a few times since, but wouldn't be shocked to see him disappear after this thread. You can probably find him on the broncos message boards. Nice work Ozy!!! :worthy: