If you are going to do something horrific

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if we follow the precedent set by the "over the top' critics of Abu Ghraib..................then we know who to blame.

Obviously the President and SecDef set the TONE in which this SYSTEMATIC abuse could occur!

Oh wait. Democrats hold both those offices?

Never mind.

- The MSM

Meanwhile, in North Korea, citizens who did not "properly mourn" Kim Jong Il's death are being sentenced to up to SIX MONTHS in labor camps.

Anyone wanna take a guess at which human rights violation is gonna get the lion's share ALL of the condemnation both from the press, human rights groups and the World at large?

Edited by RkFast

War is ugly.

Dehumanizing the enemy is a way to deal with the ugliness and the requirement to kill a fellow human being. I suppose some think this is a first...they should study history.

It's always fascinating to see the public's reactions to incidents like this. What do they think combat is? We train our young men to fight in rotten places and then kill and maybe be killed and then they are all horrified when they pee on the guys who just tried to kill them.

Apparently putting a round or dozen through these guys' chests while they were alive gets a pass, but taking a tinkle on them when they're dead is horrifying?

That video was pretty funny. Too bad it got leaked. BTW, if this is what you find to be "horrific" I have a two step plan for you:

1. Grow a !@#$in dick

2. Check out some of the other videos on that sight or check out some video of women being lashed and children being mutilated.

After gaining some perspective you might not be so horrified at some dead Taliban shitbags getting pissed on.

War is ugly.

Dehumanizing the enemy is a way to deal with the ugliness and the requirement to kill a fellow human being. I suppose some think this is a first...they should study history.

It's always fascinating to see the public's reactions to incidents like this. What do they think combat is? We train our young men to fight in rotten places and then kill and maybe be killed and then they are all horrified when they pee on the guys who just tried to kill them.

Apparently putting a round or dozen through these guys' chests while they were alive gets a pass, but taking a tinkle on them when they're dead is horrifying?

Facts and reason suck

Pissing on a body, after the fact, of someone who got their just deserts isn't "horrific."

It's disgraceful and classless.

It's damaging to the progress, image and message of what America is doing there among an easily excitable people/faith.

Cutting a person's head off with a dull machete is "horrific."

Don't cheapen the definition.

I know we´ve made these sort of comparisons in the past, but do you remember how badly the Bush administration was criticized for Abu Ghraib (sp)? This is almost as bad, could you imagine the press and coverage this would receive if the Bush administration was still in place? and yes I would characterize this as horrific, you are talking about pissing on a dead body.

That video was pretty funny. Too bad it got leaked. BTW, if this is what you find to be "horrific" I have a two step plan for you:

1. Grow a !@#$in dick

2. Check out some of the other videos on that sight or check out some video of women being lashed and children being mutilated.

After gaining some perspective you might not be so horrified at some dead Taliban shitbags getting pissed on.

Remember all the outrage when Moammar was posthumously dragged through the streets getting kicked in the face and sodomized by knives? Or when the mutilated corpses of American contractors were hung from bridges in Iraq? Neither do I.

I know we´ve made these sort of comparisons in the past, but do you remember how badly the Bush administration was criticized for Abu Ghraib (sp)? This is almost as bad, could you imagine the press and coverage this would receive if the Bush administration was still in place? and yes I would characterize this as horrific, you are talking about pissing on a dead body.

So, you're saying that in the next SAW or Freddie Kreuger horror movie, it shouldn't be people getting their guts torn out... Freddie should just take to peeing on people?

If peeing on a dead body is "horrific," what should the criminal equivalent be of peeing on a(n unconsenting) live person?

Edited by UConn James

So, you're saying that in the next SAW or Freddie Kreuger horror movie, it shouldn't be people getting their guts torn out... Freddie should just take to peeing on people?

If peeing on a dead body is "horrific," what should the criminal equivalent be of peeing on a(n unconsenting) live person?

3 months probation according to R Kelly.

Jesus Christ, Are we really gonna argue over a word/characterization? Whether you wanna call it horrific, disgusting, classless, whatever, it wasn´t right. That´s the bottom line here.

Edited by Magox

As far as classless, when you're in war trying to kill each other I think the standards of conduct in polite society don't apply.. It's not like they cut off their junk and stuffed it in their mouths, which actually does happen

I gotta think pissing on a live body is worse and even in that scenario the word horrific wouldn't apply. Disgusting maybe but not horrific. I'm thinking of a horror movie where the horror is generated not from gruesome death and injury, but rather from bad guys sprinkling a nitrogen and water mixture filtered through their kidneys on the bodies of those already dead. I'm just not seeing it.

Jesus Christ, Are we really gonna argue over a word/characterization? Whether you wanna call it horrific, disgusting, classless, whatever, it wasn´t right. That´s the bottom line here.

But words do matter, if we continue to abuse our language for exagerated affect we lose the ability to effectively communicate. If we start referring to mildly unpleasant experience as torture what word do we use to describe real torture. And if we use horrific in this sense, how do we communicate that which truly is horrific?

Edited by Rob's House

You guys are all focusing on the minutia of the characterization rather than the substance of the action. Jesus :rolleyes:

And, no, desecration of a dead body combined with the optics of how our country is perceived worldwide is much worse than pissing on a live body.

And the fact that you find this video ¨funny¨, pretty much says everything I need to know about you

Edited by Magox

War is ugly.

It's always fascinating to me to read of "atrocities" like this and worse committed by the "Greatest Generation" in World War II.

You guys are all focusing on the minutia of the characterization rather than the substance of the action. Jesus :rolleyes:

And, no, desecration of a dead body combined with the optics of how our country is perceived worldwide is much worse than pissing on a live body.

And the fact that you find this video ¨funny¨, pretty much says everything I need to know about you

Sorry to disappoint you there Buddy. I'll do some deep soul searching and try to figure out why I'm not moved by the horror of a bunch of soulless Taliban !@#$s getting pissed on. Those men gave their lives. They deserve better.

Sorry to disappoint you there Buddy. I'll do some deep soul searching and try to figure out why I'm not moved by the horror of a bunch of soulless Taliban !@#$s getting pissed on. Those men gave their lives. They deserve better.

Not only the above....but the outrage from the same people who would "swear to God" that if one of their own got killed/raped/whatever they would do EXACTLY what these Marines did is amusing and hypocrtical.

It's always fascinating to me to read of "atrocities" like this and worse committed by the "Greatest Generation" in World War II.

Well the actions of the Greatest Generation have largely been white washed and are largely absent from today's history books. The punitive nature of the Pacific theater is a footnote. Things like not accepting the surrender of enemy troops and instead opting to shoot unarmed would-be-POWs and fire bombing Japanese cities, which served no purpose other than revenge for Pearl, are swept under the rug.

Given that many Americans buy-in to image of the Greatest Generation as gentleman soldiers, its easy to see why they balk at the reality of war.